Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quotes from Giants

afparent

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

We'll see how much you love watching Eli Manning play in two or three years.

BAck at ya with Ramsey... HE may not be officially a rookie, but he defintely is in the same position as one, and he seems to be getting better and better with each game....

Originally posted by Art

Tom,

Have you ever heard of Bowen or Daniels? Daniels is our best run defender and has been out most of the year. Bowen is our starting strong safety who was dynamic in that role until he was hurt. I'd wager we have more injuries than you have in terms of games to starters lost.

Dont forget that Andre Lott was the second string safety and he is out for the year also... Ryan Clark is a street FA who is no world-beater but has filled in admirably and usually makes a, "Eww" hit once or twice per game. Also, Sean Taylor was NOT on the starting squad at the start of the year if I remember correctly.

I believe that every one of our starting DL have missed at least a game this year, as have every one of our starting LB except M. Washington (A. Pierce was never projected to be a MLB, so I am referring to Barrow).

We have guys we are signing from practice squads (Clemons) who are coming in and making significant contributions.

The only place we have been lucky is with Springs and Smoot who have been relatively healthy all year, but our backup CBs have missed games here and there as well.

I am not bringing this up to discount the Giants losses which are HUGE, but to emphasize the amazing job that the coaches have done in finding ways to get the right replacement guys and make good use of them.

For those worried about the whole "OMG they know what we are gonna do" talk from opposing teams. Just think about the 92-93 Dallas Cowboys. Was there any doubt they were running Emmit Smith up the gut on first and second down? No, but it didn't matter, people still couldn't stop it. That is when you know you are good.

I am not bringing this up to discount the Giants losses which are HUGE, but to emphasize the amazing job that the coaches have done in finding ways to get the right replacement guys and make good use of them.[/Quote]

This is my point. The Skins FO did an amazing job putting the right people on the field to replace those who were injured. The Giants' FO did not. The Giants had no plan in place in case of injuries. I mean, you can't expect the amount of injuries and extent of some of them that happened but there was nothing and no one to help on the Giants D.

You could tell that we were running against a depleted Giants defense yesterday. The same way that you could watch our games and know that we were playing with a backup scrub at right tackle.

This still doesn't explain Tiki and the boys get shutout, though. Our defensive injuries have certainly outnumbed the injuries to the Giants offense.

*edit to add*

We've missed Chad Morton for most of the year, also.

Also, MANY teams have had it worse than us. Here is the Browns list from this weekend:

Andre' Davis, WR Dec. 05 - IR (Toe)

Ben Taylor, LB Dec. 05 - I-R. 9/27 (Pectoral)

Brant Boyer, LB Dec. 05 - I-R. OUT 6-8 WEEKS. 8/8 (Foot)

Chad Beasley, OT Dec. 05 - I-R. 8/30 (Ankle)

Courtney Brown, DE Dec. 05 - I-R. 9/22 (Foot)

Kellen Winslow, TE Dec. 05 - OUT (Leg)

Kelvin Garmon, OG Dec. 05 - I-R. 11/8 (Knee)

Ryan Tucker, OT Dec. 05 - OUT FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON. 11/22 (Knee)

These are just their IR injuries. Carolina is another team has been ravaged. The Giants and our Skins have been able to keep our QB, RB, WRs, and CB's. That should be a good enought start.

We'll see how much you love watching Eli Manning play in two or three years.

Indeed. But he hasn't disappointed me yet!

Seriously, I don't know what was more satisfying: seeing the Skins finally put it all together under the second coming of Gibbs or watching Eli fail again.

I am interested, however, on what basis in fact the Giants believe Eli gives the Giants a better chance to win than Warner? What's your analysis for an outsider like me?

Its funny how whenever the Redskins get pasted, its all because they were outclassed on the field, were 'outworked', or were defeated by superior teamwork and coaching.

When we win, its because the of the other team's front office activity, or increased sunspot levels, global warming, or some other nonsense.

Yeah. Right.

We wanted this game more, and it showed. We smacked the Giants around. Period. The Giants themselves surely knew it. They said so.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Injuries, sminjuries...

We have been beaten down by injuries and this list doesn't even count the game missed here and there or the players playing with obvious injuries...

Matt Bowen - out for the season

Phillip Daniels - out for the season

Lavar Arrington (9-10 games and counting)

Michael Barrow - never played a down

Jon Jansen - never played a down

Randy Thomas - in & out for the last several games

John Hall - missed 3-4 games???

Khary Cambell - Out for year

Andre Lott - out for year

:bong:

I'm glad you called it. This team would be SUPERBOWL BOUND IF KHARY CAMBELL WERE IN THE LINEUP. HIS LOST HAS BEEN DEVASTING, I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS FRANCHISE CAN RECOVER??

Tarhog,

Open your eyes a little. Sure, the Skins played well. I won't take that away from them. But at least admit that the injuries to the Giants played a part in what happened. To not admit that and see what has happened to the Giants has severely effected their ability to compete is naieve.

Whats naive is believing that your team is the only one in the league to suffer injuries to key components of the team. If you dont want to admit that you would have been beaten even worse if the Redskins had Jansen, Arrington, Barrow, Bowen, etc. playing, then go ahead. But you're just being naive

I must say I've been really disappointed in your response to the game. I never would have expected injury whining from you.

Originally posted by bricucci

:bong:

I'm glad you called it. This team would be SUPERBOWL BOUND IF KHARY CAMBELL WERE IN THE LINEUP. HIS LOST HAS BEEN DEVASTING, I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS FRANCHISE CAN RECOVER??

Cambell was our best special teamer tackler, and his loss has shown the past 2 weeks.

Tarhog,

Open your eyes a little. Sure, the Skins played well. I won't take that away from them. But at least admit that the injuries to the Giants played a part in what happened. To not admit that and see what has happened to the Giants has severely effected their ability to compete is naieve.

take away the 7 turnovers in NY, the Skins dominated the Giants in the first game. So unless you think the injuried players Sunday could have produced another 7 turnovers, I think you are being close eyed.

Tiki has had 8-100 yrd gms. 2 games against he Skins didn't even total 100 yards combined. :)

But at least admit that the injuries to the Giants played a part in what happened. To not admit that and see what has happened to the Giants has severely effected their ability to compete is naieve.

I don't think it was injuries or fatigue. I think the 31-7 smackdown can be explained by the man-handling.

"I don't think it was fatigue," Umenyoria said. "We just got manhandled today." :D

Tarhog,

Were the situation reversed, you'd be preaching the exact same thing to me. No such thing as a non-excuse excuse. Thats all I'm saying. You said 'I'm not making excuses' and then promptly gave an excuse.

I'm just pointing that out. :)

Because the people that the Giants have lost have been lost for the year. Granted, you guys haven't had Barrow whom you never had and apparently never needed. And you guys have been without Arrington but have found a suitable replacement. But the rest of the guys you have been talking about being injured I saw playing yesterday. The Giants lost five key defensive guys for the year. Plus, they were without Norman Hand who is their best run stopper. And they are without Gibril Wilson who also may be lost for the year. The Giants are signing guys off the street who haven't played football all year and some you've never heard of

Now, I'm not sure if it was a cheap block or not, but whatever happened to Barret Green may have put him out for the year which is why he is so upset.

Hey, the Giants got whooped yesterday. No ifs or ands. I will throw in a but. Whether you want to hear it or not, their defense is depleted and there are not many suitable replacements that have been found. The Giants got off to a good start and were lucky with injuries. After that they started piling on. And not just on defense, on the offensive line too.

It isn't an excuse, it is a fact. And let's not forget they are starting a rookie QB who apparently while has a lot of potential, is far from being ready to lead this team to victory.

These are facts, not excuses.

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. I'm not trying to ride you Tom. But your post looks like you're saying, but we don't have this and that. Well, we can make almost the exact same argument. Our team has just adjusted to the injuries better than yours. And that's one of the reasons your team lost. No big deal, just accept that your team lost to a better team this past Sunday. Just like we had to do in week 2.

Most teams in this league can look real good on any given Sunday. The Skins looked good but Baldinger just said on Comcast that watching the Giants is worse than root canal.

The Giants are a one-dimensional team on offense now with a mediocre offensive line and low morale. They were ripe for a whipping by a frustrated team like the Redskins.

"They lined a tight end up at receiver and he came in and cut me from a receiver position," Green complained. "Why? They wanted me off the field. They knew what they were doing. They wanted me off the field and they did it."

Wait a second guys, in all the argueing this is going unoticed.

Is this guy serious? I mean come on, I know just about every NFL starter and where they went to college, I have a great memory and I have no idea what this guy's first name is.

He cannot possibly think that our gameplan for success was to take him out b/c he's sooo good that we couldnt win with him in there.

He cannot possibly be serious.

And as far as them knowing what we were going to do. Of course they did, they knew we were going to run the ball.

Which is pretty much every NFL teams gameplan, so technically every NFL team knows what everyone else is going to do, which is try to establish the run.

Archived