Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot's post game interview

js79

Did you guys see it..

Smoot was going off saying the refrees decide most of the games the redskins play.. he said nothing can be done about false starts but the pass interference was a horrible call and the ref's basically overlook everything the other team does and call everything the redskins do..

i agree with him, although, to complain about a ref is "loser talk" according to czaban

I LOVE SMOOT!!! Seriously, the guy is all heart, you could tell it in the interview, he has been holding this back for a long time... i believe saying..

"If you've been to a skins game once in the past 4 years, then you know what i'm talking about. They just don't know how to ref, I don't know if when they see burgundy and gold that they stop refing or what, but....."

It was awesome and all the truth...now comcast is going off on refs too! I love this...finally the truth comes out.

I saw it, basically said it's been going on for the 4 years he's been here, said in the 1st half they let em play ball and we hung in there, second half said the refs couldn't stay out of it and took the game away from the players, kept reinforcing how long this has been going on. I don't think I've ever seen smoot that angry. Hyper yes, angry no.

also stated "I can swear evertime we get a first down, the refs have to measure it. Meanwhile when philly's is controversial they give it to them every time, And I know our D-line pushed them back..."

I remember one particular instance in the game where a philly player was on the ground with the ball...then the ref moved it forward about 2 yards !!!!

I agree with him.

Sure, we might have still lost these games, but when you see the calls, when you see how obvious it is--it's terrible.

Thrash was still for that snap and you dont make that call because he didn't go out on a route. Pinkston was OUT OF BOUNDS. The Cowboys got two HUGE calls/non-call in there favor, in addition to multiple holding penalties that never get called on the opponent and non-stop ticky tack fouls on the Skins.

It's disgusting, really and is starting to resemble a Kings/Lakers game from 2 years ago.

As much as I hate to make excuses for losing.....

Smoot is right I just don't understand how the Refs see everything we do and seem to miss most of the things our opponents do...

Did you hear Bmitch on the Comcast post-game show he stated that when he was with the Giants they researched it and found that the 4 teams that didnt vote for the Refs to get a pay raise were the most penalized teams in the league, and of course the Skins were one of those teams.

It's a C.....O.......N.......spiracy!

If our team (this year talking about the offensive side) did what they were suppose to do, then a call or two by the ref's wouldn't make a difference. Basically put yourself in a situation where they can't take it out of your hands.

BTW - GB Smooooooot, he's really stepped it up w/ Champ gone. Hell, he's trying to become Mr. Redskin...at least for now until Snyder rewards him. ;)

Originally posted by Lurman

While some calls were questionable, Smoot should have kept his freaking hand off Mitchell's back. Don't give the refs a reason to flag you. Even if it didn't affect the play.

ALL CB do that when they look back for the ball. as long as you do not alter the WR route is it a penalty. and he wasn't touching him when Mitchell fell.

Originally posted by jtyler42

Smoot is right I just don't understand how the Refs see everything we do and seem to miss most of the things our opponents do...

Did you hear Bmitch on the Comcast post-game show he stated that when he was with the Giants they researched it and found that the 4 teams that didnt vote for the Refs to get a pay raise were the most penalized teams in the league, and of course the Skins were one of those teams.

Boy oh boy....what a joke. To me, this really holds water. God I hope this is not even remotely true... :puke:

O_O

Nooooo!!!! :(

Originally posted by bubba9497

ALL CB do that when they look back for the ball. as long as you do not alter the WR route is it a penalty. and he wasn't touching him when Mitchell fell.

He had his hand on his back before their legs got entangled.

He didn't need to do that. He gave the refs a chance to penalize him in realtime. Its his fault. He shouldn't say one more damn word about that play.

If that's true something just has to be done.

The bad calls this season have been stunning. Not trying to make excuses for our poor play, but I'm beginning to believe that Mitchell's theory may hold some water.

How, after two minutes under the hood, could the ref not see that Pinkston was out of bounds? No explanation either.

Do you think he would've made that same call if the game were in DC instead of Philly? It's doubtful.

That said, we lost 28-6, fellas. No amount of bad officiating is going to make a 22 point difference. We're just a lousy team.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

You can have your hand on the receiver, Lurman, you just can't move them off their route with it. You're allowed to "feel" for the receiver, they all do it.

I know that. I guess what I'm saying is he didn't have to do it, and the ref thought he pushed Mitchell down as opposed to their legs becoming tangled. In realtime it could have looked like a push. I'm just frustrated and I think if you really believe the refs are out to screw you, then don't put yourself in a position to get a flag when you don't have to.

Archived