Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check Out What This Mock Draft Says about Jansen

Bozman777

Man it kinda shook me up. I know it is early but where are these guys gettin their info. Anybody heard anything about Jansen's recovery?

11. Washington Redskins Marcus McNeill-OT-Auburn*

- The ‘Skins offensive line has been terrible so far this season, something that will not work in Joe Gibbs’ offense. Jon Jansen may be done in Washington after suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon, so the team must focus on improving their talent up front. McNeill has been a key factor in the success of the Auburn Tigers in 2004 with his consistent play at offensive tackle. He’ll bring his massive size to the Redskins right tackle position and open holes for Clinton Portis

Source: NflDraftblitz.com

Originally posted by atloldskin

We might select him to replace Samuels though! I can't see us re-signing Chris at his asking price.

I take it you've spoken to his agent lately?

Even if Jansen does struggle, with the money we have tied up in both tackle position it would be foolish to pick McNeil.

Originally posted by FlyinO

Guys, we need a G and a C badly. Gibbs will pick O-line in the first round, bank on it.

Not with the more pressing need being DE he won't. Last Sunday proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that we need a pass rushing DE. Besides, Bugel has Wilson and Molinaro to work with.

Which line is performing better? We may be able to semi-fix the DE positions with FA. We have no depth at O-Line, which I consider to be the most important part of every offense. Willie Roaf and Will Shields made Priest Holmes a star, who seems very replaceable by any running back KC plugs in. Imagine Portis behind KC's line.

Which line is performing better? We may be able to semi-fix the DE positions with FA. We have no depth at O-Line, which I consider to be the most important part of every offense. Willie Roaf and Will Shields made Priest Holmes a star, who seems very replaceable by any running back KC plugs in. Imagine Portis behind KC's line.

We've went a decade ignoring our teams most pressing need in the draft, DE. This cannot continue. As of now, the only way we generate pressure on the opposing QB is to "bring the house", leaving our secondary exposed.

We need help on both lines but the Dline is the more pressing need. Next year, we'll get Rock Jansen back and maybe one of the young guys(Wilson or Molinaro) steps up. :2cents:

Guys, we need a G and a C badly. Gibbs will pick O-line in the first round, bank on it.

Bugel has a history of developing low round draft picks in his OL. The only exception to that was Mark May who was drafted in the first round, but that was over a whole decade.

Even if the Skins need a guard and center, they will not draft a guard and center in the first round. The only way they would draft another left tackle in the first round, would be if they traded Chris Samuels.

Besides the Skins think Molinaro and Wilson have a future and they haven't even been tried yet. :)

If we draft a RT or LT they can replace Dockery for a year or two before starting at tackle. This article scares, losing Jansen permanently would be a huge blow to the team if he can't recover. He was our leader of the offense and a nice guy to boot.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Not with the more pressing need being DE he won't. Last Sunday proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that we need a pass rushing DE. Besides, Bugel has Wilson and Molinaro to work with.

I gotta say thats last years opinion, any moves we make really need to be toward improving our offense. I think we will pick an o-lineman somewhere high, maybe not first round unless there is a Robert Gallery that plays center or guard.

Perhaps we will trade down if u once again have a top 5 pick, get something for the line and a good TE. In any case, this thread is about 5 months early

Originally posted by bubba9497

jansen said last night his rehab was going well, and should start jogging in the pool next week or two.

just another nobody, trying to be a somebody... and making wild assumptions

these people have quotas.....

we drafted 2 tackles last year , why would we draft another before rd 3 ??:insane:

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

these people have quotas.....

we drafted 2 tackles last year , why would we draft another before rd 3 ??:insane:

Because the two we drafted last year may suck. Ray Brown has got to be the worst tackle in the league and niether rookie has been given the nod. they were like 6th and 7th round picks I believe, maybe 5th and 6th.

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

I gotta say thats last years opinion, any moves we make really need to be toward improving our offense. I think we will pick an o-lineman somewhere high, maybe not first round unless there is a Robert Gallery that plays center or guard.

Perhaps we will trade down if u once again have a top 5 pick, get something for the line and a good TE. In any case, this thread is about 5 months early

This is not last year's opinion, it's this year's opinion. As presently constituted, our front four cannot get ANY pressure on the opposing QB unless we blitz and blitz often. This needs to change. We witnessed what happens(last Sunday) when teams start gameplanning for our blitzes(Cincy, the whole first half).I can only imagine what's going to happen when we face McNabb and Co. this Sunday when we blitz :doh: .

Greg Williams has done a masterful job of hiding our Dline weaknesses this year but that doesn't mean we need to keep on neglecting the DE position year after year. :2cents:

Because the two we drafted last year may suck. Ray Brown has got to be the worst tackle in the league and niether rookie has been given the nod. they were like 6th and 7th round picks I believe, maybe 5th and 6th.

I thought Wilson and Molinaro both looked pretty good in preseason. A rookie would have to be an exceptional player for Gibbs/Bugel to play them on the offensive line. I think our real need on the offensive line is a center.

I hope the Skins go DE in the first round - hopefully after a trade down. A playmaker at defensive end would make the Williams defense scary.

the Redskins need to address their interior line but teams usually shy away from using a #1 pick on a guard or center.

we may have to make a deal to grab a player in round 2 or 3.

or we may dip into the mid-tier free agent market for a vet at OG.

I still think the best way to get value in the draft is to go DE at #1.

A pass rushing linemen of any quality in free agency and you are talking about big, big dollars.

Archived