Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gardner or Porter? 2

Renegade7

I'm still tired of it. The easy drops. The disappearing. And you know what? DMac is our possession WR, not Gardner. Porter is a sure handed WR that can get the easy ones and the tough ones. In case anyone forgot all the original points, here's the original thread.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1010015#post1010015

This time you have the chance to change your mind. ;)

Option A: Trade Gardner for picks and go after Porter in the offseason.

Option B: Stand Pat.

VOTE OR DIE!!!

Originally posted by Renegade7

I'm still tired of it. The easy drops. The disappearing. And you know what? DMac is our possession WR, not Gardner. Porter is a sure handed WR that can get the easy ones and the tough ones. In case anyone forgot all the original points, here's the original thread.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1010015#post1010015

This time you have the chance to change your mind. ;)

Option A: Trade Gardner for picks and go after Porter in the offseason.

Option B: Stand Pat.

VOTE OR DIE!!!

I haven't been paying THAT close attn, but Porter hasn't really had a great year, either. What makes you think he'll be a world-beater, or at least a reliable 2nd WR, here?

Originally posted by bird_1972

I haven't been paying THAT close attn, but Porter hasn't really had a great year, either. What makes you think he'll be a world-beater, or at least a reliable 2nd WR, here?

With the depth at WR, we don't need him to literally light up the leauge ala Torry Holt. He's reliable, has had more big plays then gardner, and I'm not sold on Jacobs or DMac being #2s yet. Coles and Porter on the same team with Ramsey slining would be beast and open up the passing game big time.

I'm all over Jerry Porter. If I know one thing about Norv it's that he is a talent killer. He sucks talent right out of players. I think Jerry has been banged up some and that's the only reason I might pass on him. If he's healthy, I'd be all over trying to sign him. Plus, he's a Mountaineer!;)

Im not so sure we even need another wide out. With Jacobs, D-Mac, and thrash along with coles--thats a pretty good crew. add depth, something that is not that expensive. One of those guys that we had to cut way back in August maybe.

Let him go, keep him, trde him. I think the only bad move would be to pay Gardner to much money.

I don't understand why people are always bashing Gardner. Coles has his drops too. He doesn't show the professionalism that Coles does. But he has alot of ability, as much or more than Coles. I would like to see some consistency at the Qb spot befor I judge Rod. He is cheap and would be ahead of anyone we bring in, in terms of learning the offense. Lets work toward continuity. No quick fixes.

he still has one more year with us. Gardner had a 5 year deal, Smoot had a 4. I still like Gardner, still feel he can be a great receiver in this league, but if Porter came to us for a reasonable price, and we got some value for Gardner, Id be for it. Im totally not against making Jacobs and McCants higher on the depth chart either. Thrash, well I hope he's someone who just sticks around til retirement.

Archived