Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gardner calls out Brunell at halftime

nelms

If don't like hearing info from second hand "unnamed sources", do not proceed any further.

I have a "friend of a friend" of one of the Redskins players that said Gardner got into Brunnel's face in the locker room at halftime. Gardner basically told Brunell to get his sh!t together.

Ray Brown diffused the situation by grabbing Gardner by the back of the neck and telling him "we don't operate that way around here".

If this is true, Brunell not only has lost support from the fans but from the players too. This unnamed source said the players have divided into 2 camps, one for Brunell and one for Ramsey.

I hope this isn't true. I'm not going to name the Redskins player in fairness to him because I honestly don't know if this is true or not. If it is true, then this is very disburbing. You would expect dissention in the ranks on a Norv Turner coached team, but not a Joe Gibbs team.

Originally posted by The Showstopper

for once it actually is brunells fault

Dont ever Blame our QB BRUNELL, Hes courageous, he showed alot of heart, and played his best....Dont blame him, blame everyone else, the WR's, the O-line, the D, the Fans and everyone else, just not brunell.

:)

Originally posted by skns4life

who was it? c'mon tell us...you can say its all hearsay!!! we need to know!!!

All I can really say is the "friend of my friend" has been involved with the Redskins organization since Gibbs first year in 1981. He has many friends in the organization, including many past and present players. I met the guy myself a few years ago. If it wasn't for that connection, I would not have even posted this.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

I know Brunell just sucks but we get someone other than Mr. 50/50 to tell Brunell to get his *&$@ together? What about you Mr. 50/50?

Hey...at least he turns into 70/30 for some games. And he even made a spectacular catch on one of Brunell's flutter balls.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

I know Brunell just sucks but we get someone other than Mr. 50/50 to tell Brunell to get his *&$@ together? What about you Mr. 50/50?

Agreed. Plus, you should never disrespect a teammate like that, no matter how horrible Brunell has been. If anyone has a beef with Brunell, it should be Coles. I don't know how many times Brunell hss laid a ball out there for Coles to get killed. If this is true, then Gardner is an a$$ and Ray Brown did the right thing.

The only truth on Sunday was that the inability of the Skins to only put up 14 points was because Brunell was passing the ball to his recievers that only Air Jordon could have caught.

I haven't seen that many high passes from a QB ever! I know a couple got dropped but, his inaccuracy totaly called for a QB change.

I believe it. Gardner is VERY fiery at times, if you've seen him operate. I don't look it as a class-thing but as a competitive will thing.

Everyone in that locker room watches film. They see Brunell playing GOD AWFUL football. They read the papers and check stats---they see Brunell has the lowest comp pct of any starter in the league.

This is not only killing the season but they aren't even getting the stats they SHOULD be getting. Brunell is costing them money too. Not that it's their primary frustration but in the long run it's hurting their careers, legacy, etc.

Imagine if Monk had a Montana or Marino for 13-14 years throwing him passes and wasn't injured during those two playoff runs!

Of course, there is dissatisfaction with Brunell. How could there not be?

ANyone see Madison or whoever that was for Miami yelling at Feeley? Not that they're better with Fielder, but at least they won A game with Jay.

When players are held accountable and then one guy ISNT being held accountable and they see a young guy with FIRE and SKILL and REAL COURAGE(not brunell's lame attempts) they know what they're missing out on.

Archived