Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laugh if you want, but Fiedler would do well in our offense...

cscmtp

Strangely enough I had the same thought about Fiedler while watching the Miami/Jets game. Another plus for him is he has experience running Norv's offense which fell from the same Air Coryell tree as Gibbs' system.

He may not be there after next season and would probably provide a cheap and reliable backup to Ramsey next season.

"Another plus for him is he has experience running Norv's offense which fell from the same Air Coryell tree as Gibbs' system."

This is a little bit off topic but can anyone point me to a website that explains football systems and from which other systems each originates from? I'd love to read up on different systems, the philosophies behind them, which systems they were born from, etc. etc. etc. Football strategy, especially antique football strategy (the single wing, air coryell, and everything in between) fascinates me. Thanks

Originally posted by Joeythetapeworm

"Another plus for him is he has experience running Norv's offense which fell from the same Air Coryell tree as Gibbs' system."

This is a little bit off topic but can anyone point me to a website that explains football systems and from which other systems each originates from? I'd love to read up on different systems, the philosophies behind them, which systems they were born from, etc. etc. etc. Football strategy, especially antique football strategy (the single wing, air coryell, and everything in between) fascinates me. Thanks

Bump. I'd like to see a good read on this too. Sort of like a family tree of systems.

A lot of the remnants of Air Coryelll exist in the league, and Bill Walsh disciples run half the teams right now, it seems.

Originally posted by ibrahim

Great bring in another QB next season, so when we start losing, we have the "he is still learning the system" excuse. I think our QB for next season should be one of Ramsey, Hasselbeck, or Brunell.

I agree w/you ibrahim, I think honestly out of the three QB's we have the best fit for this offense right now is Hasselbeck. He is an accurate passer, he's smart, he is mobile and he throws well on the run. All he lacks is exstensive game experience.

You mean the same cannon armed Jay Fiedler who could not put to rest the Fiedler/Griese controversy last season despite having a huge weapon in Ricky Williams in the backfield? You mean the same Jay Fiedler who Miami thought so highly of that they traded a second round pick for A.J. Feeley?

Please.

Archived