Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collingsworth giving serious respect to Sean Taylor

skins4eva

As i've said ever since well before the draft. Sean is going to be absolutely amazing, the NFL has never seen a safety this good.

Brain Dawkins is probably the best safety in football right now, and he wont be able to touch Taylor in a few games. Thats right, not a few years, I said a few games. Give him a few more games to get completely adjusted then its over, look out NFL.

As ugly as it was apparently the Chicago game opened up some eyes as far as our defense and running game go. I have heard Peter King even say good things about us. I think the so called redskins critics are being careful what they say because they know we only have to have an adequate passing game to start winning

Originally posted by afparent

As ugly as it was apparently the Chicago game opened up some eyes as far as our defense and running game go. I have heard Peter King even say good things about us. I think the so called redskins critics are being careful what they say because they know we only have to have an adequate passing game to start winning

I think so too.

But our first real test is coming up. This is probably the first time that both our CB's will have their hands full with Walker and Driver. Other than when we went against Toomer/Hilliard, but Favre is better than Warner.

Has a Skins fan possessed Collingsworth hate filled soul? WTF? I'm not sure I even agree with him noting that Taylor being the best athlete playing defense... but it's close. This will be difficult, but I may start to respect Collingsworth from now on. I must shake off my hatred for him. It seems he has done that for the Skins.

:logo:

Originally posted by mookie0720

I've told you guys, Collinsworth is a big time Redskins supporter, has been this entire year, picked Taylor as the DROY, Gibbs as COY, and for the Skins to make the playoffs.

Wow, I have to disagree with that 100%. Collinsjerk LAUGHED at us last year in the games he broadcast for Fox. He utterly disrespected the franchise on numerous occasions, and No, it wasn't all directed at Spurrier and Snyder. His bashing was absolutely gleeful at times.

I wouldn't say he hates us with a burning passion the way Fatsquarelli does. I just think he's a another media tool that has diarrhea of the mouth and feels he has to p*ss people off to create controversy and interest. It's not edgy or biting, it's just spiteful and demeaning.

I'm glad he has nice things to say about our players now, but I think it's ludicrous to call him a "big time supporter." If this thing goes south he'll be among the first to line up and start hating again.

Friggin' Aikman and Moose were more evenhanded and objective last year than he was, and they're godd*mn COWBOYS!

Collinsworth is pretty objective, and though I'm in the minority here, I like having him as a game commentator and on HBO's Inside the NFL.

Thus far, Sean Taylor hasn't earned all the hype. Boulware is playing better at safety- so far.

Then again, Arrnigton had a disappointing rookie year, so this year won't be the time to make snap judgments about him.

Originally posted by skins4eva

read the other guy's post: he said he hopes S.T can edge out Ben for rookie of the year...

Huh?

There's 2 Rookie of the Year awards, one for offensive players, and one for defensive players. Just like there's an Offensive Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year. Anquan Boldin was last years Offensive ROY, and I want to say Nick Barnett from the Pack was Defensive ROY.

*Edit: Actually, the Defensive ROY last year was Terrell Suggs, I forgot about him.

Originally posted by afparent

I notice collingsworth does the same thing every game. If you are playng well, he will give you your props. If you are playing bad, he will really tell you how he feels.

That's what kind of irritates me about him. He's either right on the bandwagon when someone plays well, or they make a mistake he finds a slew of insults to pass to that player.

It's nice to see he's a fan of Sean's, but I don't think that will shake my opinion of him as being oportunistic about his picks for ROY.

Either way, let's hope that Sean Taylor can continue his (very) quick adaptation to the NFL. :logo:

Archived