Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

whatever happened to Mike Williams at USC?

The extremist

Originally posted by nycskinsfan

He has'nt played in a year, do you really think he will be a first round pick?

i'm pretty sure he'll go in the first (my guess is mid to late), and my prediction is that our pick will be between #10-20

if Willis Magahee (sp) can go in the first, it shows that there is ALWAYS some team willing to take a big risk with a potentially bigger payoff...i think we should try to get him, if available (unless some other WR really shows us something this year)

Originally posted by Indigenous_persons

i'm pretty sure he'll go in the first (my guess is mid to late), and my prediction is that our pick will be between #10-20

if Willis Magahee (sp) can go in the first, it shows that there is ALWAYS some team willing to take a big risk with a potentially bigger payoff...i think we should try to get him, if available (unless some other WR really shows us something this year)

Don't forget that Williams is HEALTHY. Injury free. I say he goes around the 7th to 11th pick next season. He is not a big risk by any means. The year off will do him well.

The answer is no. He won't be a 1st rounder. Bo Jackson won the Heisman trophy and was drafted in the first round by Tampa and never signed with them. Since he never signed, he was chosen by the Raiders in the 7th round the following year.

Mike Williams will probably be taken in the third or 4th round.

What we do in the draft really depends one whether we keep Gardner and Smoot. WR and CB become priorities if we don't resign them.

I'd rather keep them and go after a pass rushing end in the first round. Followed by a Center with our next pick.

Keep some continuity for once and fill some other needs. We're always thinking the grass is greener and never allowing our own talent to develop.

Mike Williams signed with an agent, which was reported on ESPN few weeks ago. And, yes he is an awesome receiver, however he isn't all that made out to be. He ran in the 4.6 in last years combine. Also, we can't draft him since we have enough receivers, even if Gardner isn't signed. What will happen to our 2nd round pick Jacobs? We will definitely pick up a Dlinemen.

You people are way off base. OldSkool is the only one who is right here. Mike Williams will still go in the Top 5. He had nothing left to prove on the field anyway....you think he looses all his talent over a year and drops into the 3rd-4th round? Come on, the only way guys do that is injury. Mike will actually come in, in better shape, stronger, faster, and minus all the wear and tear of a season. 3rd-4th round? Get real.

Originally posted by Redskins4ever

The answer is no. He won't be a 1st rounder. Bo Jackson won the Heisman trophy and was drafted in the first round by Tampa and never signed with them. Since he never signed, he was chosen by the Raiders in the 7th round the following year.

Mike Williams will probably be taken in the third or 4th round.

You cant be serious :laugh:

Originally posted by knowledge316

Mike Williams signed with an agent, which was reported on ESPN few weeks ago. And, yes he is an awesome receiver, however he isn't all that made out to be. He ran in the 4.6 in last years combine. Also, we can't draft him since we have enough receivers, even if Gardner isn't signed. What will happen to our 2nd round pick Jacobs? We will definitely pick up a Dlinemen.

Aquan Boldin also had a very slow 40 time in the combine... and look what he did his rookie year.

40 times are sometimes highly over rated.

Originally posted by Burgold

NFLers have a short memory. He won't be a hot stock item next year... that will send him down... not sure how far, but I suspect at least into the second round.

I disagree.

Mike Williams will participate in the Combine, and more than likely be worked out by several teams. He'll have a chance to keep himself fresh in the minds of teams that need a WR.

I don't know about top 5, he has the potential. I would say top 10 and definately a first rounder.

Archived