Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fans: what's your mojo telling you this week?

Willie Gault

So what's the scuttlebutt in DC? Are you expecting an easy win? Getting ready for a scrap? Or writing the game off?

We're somewhat similar as teams: Defence doing well. Offence needs to pull its weight at some point. Lots of injuries we could do without.

In Chi-Town the feeling is we should win this... except no-one knows what to expect from Quinn. He's the unknown quantity and we don't know what to make of him.

No-one's expecting a high-scoring game. And while we want to see the running game back on track you might not be the ones to do that against and Quinn might not be the QB to facilitate it

Predictions if you please......

Originally posted by Willie Gault

Oh, we don't get automated cheerleader avatars on the Bears site I go to. Maybe I need to try being a Skins fan for a while and see how it treats me. The Honey Bears disappeared in 85/86...

Keep posting, and she'll be gone before ya know it.

I don't think anybody with a realistic view see's anything commin easy for the Skins. As you say, the teams are a lot alike right now, and I would expect an old fashioned brew ha ha.

:cheers:

Oh ya, welcome aboard

Well, we all hope for a win, but I'd say most think we'll win a tight game, with maybe a key turnover or big play causing either team to be a bit further ahead than score might indicate.

But my opinion is that the team will lose this game like it's lost the other ones, but maybe not in as ugly a fashion.

dude we are just hoping to have some offense, )we have a deep recieving corp that needs to get some yards and Mr. Portis needs to break Urlachers ankles and steamroll a db while getting a 120 yd game)... Our D mainly Lavar and the secondary is banged up but I think we win..27-14 skins..

Just gut I have not scouted the Bears...

Wow - lot of negative vibes here. You guys are really down on the Skins right now.

For what its worth Da Bears feel damn good about the direction we're headed in with Lovie Smith & Angelo. We've had a really bumpy start and there are lots of kinks to iron out (injuries expecially) but the change in the team and the organisation has been exciting.

Not saying we're a shoe-in to win this week, but there's more hope in Chi-Town than DC right now.

I hope those Skins WRs don't decide that Sunday is their coming out party. Our secondary is still weak because of injuries. You should definitely take a few shots.

im hoping for a win , i also enjoy reading posts from fans of other teams we face as long as they are in good nature such as yours

i expect we shall do well against the run again , hopefully lavar will be in there and i hope to get our offense going , really fix the passing game so it will open up the run for us ...if we lose , it wont be a surprise tho =\

Sounds like you've used up all your mojo for the week....

You realise you might have to sit through Keith Traylor's impossibly funny int return against the Jags from a few years ago don't you? FOX are bound to pull that one out of the can with Brunell's return to Soldier Field.

Originally posted by afparent

My mojo is telling me we win a close game and don't look that impressive 16-14. My mojo also told me that Deion would get an interception and the ravens would return a kick....i also haven't felt this confident since week 1

Skins win it at the wire. Field goal with less than two minutes to go. Defense holds at the end.

Nibbs then says he had a feeling they would pull it off all along. Just didn't want to get everybody's hopes up.:D

Welcome Willie,

This is a game that the Skins should by all accounts win. I predict that we will get down to business and lay the wood in Chi town.

Our offense is tired of getting all the blame and will be fired up.

If our defense can get more than 20 seconds rest, they can outlast any team.

Good luck , heres to a good injury free game.

It'll definitely be a dog fight. Not a lot of points scored, but I think if the Redskins can protect the football, they should win. They are clearly the more talented team on both sides of the ball. The Bears do play good defense, but probably not as good as the Redskins play, especially when they go against a lackluster offense like that of the Bears.

I'm a little worried that Brunell will begin to feel the pressure and begin to force things a little bit that may lead to turnovers. He knows that if he continues to play the way he has, his job is in jeopardy. Hopefully, Brunell will realize that if he can protect the ball, the defense will carry them to a win. And wins will keep him the starter.

I predict the offense continues its vanilla performance, but the defense carries them to a win, 16-13.

willie, I think that sometime soon things are going to "click" for the Skins and they are going to end this season hot. I'm just not sure when this will happen. I think the Skins need an ugly win to get them going and, considering the teams involved and the injuries both have suffered, this looks like an ugly game. I predict a down to the wire game and I'll be bold and say the Skins will pull it out. This is one of those games where both teams probably feel like they should beat the other.

Welcome aboard Mr. Gault, lots of respect for ole Willie. Anyway, I think our teams are kind of similar (record wise) but a whole lot different(attitude, capability).

This is the game I think the Skins come out and finally beat a team they should.

Not that the Bears are bad, but you guys have a few weaknesses to exploit (secondary, unknown at QB) and the Skins are due for a breakout game.

Clinton for 130

Brunell about 220

Defense yets three sacks and a turnover

We win this one 23-10.

Again, welcome aboard, lots of great folks around.......enjoy the site.

Archived