Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell = loser

Aluadan

The defense of the Ravens is busting throught the Redskins offensive line like it's butter. That's not Brunells fault.

The receivers aren't getting open. When they do, they drop the ball.

Clinton Portis is only in the same body that he had at Denver.

If Gibbs wanted a back to run between the tackles he should have gotten Corey Dillon or Duce Staley. Both have plenty left in the tank as well and would have probably been cheaper.

Bad news is Mark Brunell's contract...and maybe Clinton's too.

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

Thats the kind of comment I hate. Im not trying to start **** here, but u obviously dont know much about football or team sports in general if u really think one person can lose the game for u. Just not true. If the line opened holes and portis was running better, wed be winning. We like to run more anyway.

This offense is not meant to pass so much, Gibbs knows how to pound the ball, but we cant get that done.

Now before you get ur panties in a bunch I KNOW ur just over reacting, very emotional right now. This team needs help in a lot of areas, Ramsey is no kind of solution.

....What do you mean one guy cant lose the game for the whole team..look at Leon :D

Well speaking realistically, Brunell is supposed to be the leader on offense, alot of the blame is going to fall on his shoulders. But think about it, how can our recievers not get open 5 games in a row, thats just unheard of. Its gotta be Brunell, look at the giants game, before Ramsey came in, brunell could not even complete consecutive passes. Then Ramsey came in, and quick strike to coles, and got the offense moving. Even if he threw some picks, i would rather see us move the ball and throw a bomb that gets picked off at thier 10 yard line, just like a punt if you ask me.

Newsflash but he hasn't been getting it done all year, not just tonight. Hell, the just mentioned this was the lowest offensive output by a Skins team since 1961. I'm sorry but the QB is the 1 person that needs to lead that unit and Brunell has not done it all year long. He can't get the ball down field or into a tight space and the majority of his passes are of the 5yrd type which may work in highschool ball but it certainly won't in the NFL. He can't get it done anymore and like I said, the Skins won't win another game all year with him at QB.

Thats the kind of comment I hate. Im not trying to start **** here, but u obviously dont know much about football or team sports in general if u really think one person can lose the game for u. Just not true. If the line opened holes and portis was running better, wed be winning. We like to run more anyway.

This offense is not meant to pass so much, Gibbs knows how to pound the ball, but we cant get that done.

Now before you get ur panties in a bunch I KNOW ur just over reacting, very emotional right now. This team needs help in a lot of areas, Ramsey is no kind of solution.

You obvious DO NOT know football if you cannot SEE that Ramsey is the more talented quarterback....the ONLY reason Brunnell is in there is because he is SUPPOSE to be the veteran leader.....so many people here bash Ramsey for ONE poor half.....HeL! Brunnell has had a poor half season....if he can't win NOW, what the F@ck are we playing him for....get the future in there and see what he can do.:2cents: :2cents:

Originally posted by Aluadan

What's really sad is how with Brunell in there we can not sustain any drives and now that it's the 4th quarter our D is just worn out from being on the field all game long.

Actually I think they are more disheartened than wore out. They were off the field for almost the entire 3rd quarter. I dont think the Ravens O got the ball until 2 minutes left in the 3rd. That was a long time to rest.

Is Brunell the whole problem? No. Is he a large problem, and one that we could have a very easy fix for? Yes.

I admit that I'm slightly biased for Ramsey, but if we were playing at least decently on offense, I'd be fine with keeping Brunell in. But we aren't.

It can't hurt to play Ramsey. Worst case scenario: our offense looks like it does now. Best case scenario: let your imagination do the work here....

Brunell is terrible. Did you hear some of the stats they were throwing out there: 107 yards total offense . . . 83 passing yards. Are you kidding me.

Brunell posses no threat downfield and consequently Portis is never going to get a chance to run the ball.

I love Joe Gibbs, but if he's not seriously considering playing Ramsey next week then he is blinded by something.

Well, in that Giants game we had that opeing drive. Thats what we are looking for, that drive was perfect.

In the Bucs game Brunell did well. We had a little trouble finishing out drives, but we moved the ball down field. Also there were the snap problems back then which must have been the center because he was replaced and the problem is pretty much gone. I think ive seen one or two sloppy ones since, but not fumbles.

Cowboys....look at the leadership and the ability Brunell showed in the 4th. That was great, aided with some amazing catches from 50/50, but brunell was lookin good.

Browns everyone sucked, you CANT blame any one person for that. Everyone looked flat all the way around, both teams.

Ravens...who knows. The line absolutly took a few steps back. Very discourageing. On half the plays Brunell took two steps and had to start scrambling.

Brunell sucks...Gibbs sucks...Offensive line sucks= 107 yards of total offense...PATHETIC...How can every Skins fan world wide see we need a different QB and Gibbs keeping his hand picked buddy in there...Our Defense is awesome and we missing several starters...and this replay guy we paying...is old and blind...no wonder he is retired...and one last thing...If we had this defense the last 2 years...Steve Spurrier would still be coaching...yes I said it...even Spurrier had enough sense to make a QB change...gentlemen we averaging 14 points per game and our offense is giving up as many points as our defense...at least last year we put points on the board...maybe we turn it around..but not with this current QB and predictable play calling...maybe next week:(

Originally posted by atlantaskin

Brunell is terrible. Did you hear some of the stats they were throwing out there: 107 yards total offense . . . 83 passing yards. Are you kidding me.

Brunell posses no threat downfield and consequently Portis is never going to get a chance to run the ball.

I love Joe Gibbs, but if he's not seriously considering playing Ramsey next week then he is blinded by something.

83 YARDS Passing!!!!!....F@ck thats Heath Shuler stats....

Remember when Jeff George was cut, game 3 2001. He wasn't made a back up, he went from starter to cut. Marty said, it is simple, we couldn't win with him, so why even keen him as a back up.

I rather have both Tim and Pat ahead of him. Brunnel can't make our playmaker (Coles) a factor, he is unwilling to be the one to loose the game, which is causing us to loose the game.

Portis can't run if we have NO ligit passing threat.

F Brunnel, he wan't worth the 3 rounder, or the money. He is so bad that he can't win with the best D.

It shouldn't be the Defences RESPONSABLITY to score TDs off turnovers, but that is the only way we will score off them.

Gibbs is not going to take out Brunell, Brunell is a good ol' boy, god fearing guy that plays courageosly.

I will lose all respect for Gibbs if he keeps Brunell in there after this week. I don't care how hard Brunell is trying he can't get it done. He doesn't have the physical nor the mental ability to be ability to be a starting QB any more.

It is either that or,

Joe Gibbs has no idea what he is doing as the head of the offense.

Does it get any more clear than this. 13 for 29, 55 yrds with an avg of 1.7 yrds per pass, 4.2 per catch. Longest catch all game long was a huge 14 yrds. You want him as the skins QB then I guess you like to lose.

Brunell played poorly in the Bucs game, hell he gave them 7 points. Against Dallas he wouldn't have to try to rally the team in the 4th quarter if he could actually put a couple of drives together earlier in the game. In the Browns game, the 1 for 13 on 3rd downs I think says it all, the QB has come to come through and he didn't.

Originally posted by smashmowf

You obvious DO NOT know football if you cannot SEE that Ramsey is the more talented quarterback....the ONLY reason Brunnell is in there is because he is SUPPOSE to be the veteran leader.....so many people here bash Ramsey for ONE poor half.....HeL! Brunnell has had a poor half season....if he can't win NOW, what the F@ck are we playing him for....get the future in there and see what he can do.:2cents: :2cents:

So tell me why Ramsey is so great? Yes he can take a hit, well thats not gonna help us is it. He can throw a long way, thats good, if u have all the other things that good qb's have and Ramsey doesnt. Ramsey had two seasons to prove himself and he didnt show me anything.

I dont get the loyalty to Ramsey, i dont understand what its based on. I guess people just think hes the future, maybe he is, but god i hope not.

Thats all I really have to say about it, im not getting into a posting war here, thats my opinion, whatever, im sure there will be a lot of horrible responses that make no sense, but thats fine. And i dont hate ramsey because of one half of football this year, ive never been a fan. I dont see the promise that yall see.

Originally posted by skinsbosoxheels

Brunell sucks...Gibbs sucks...Offensive line sucks

You suck.

I think you'd have to be blind not to believe its well past time to give Ramsey a shot. No matter what your assessment of Brunell, we're not getting it done with him in the ball game, and we need a spark. I think he's a fundamentally sound QB, but at our current evolution, he's not quick enough (either with his feet, decision-making, or getting rid of the ball) to scare teams and get them to play pass defense occasionally.

If you really think Gibbs 'sucks', you need help. Its a rough start. We've been through it before, we'll weather the storm this time. I'm hurting as much as the next guy/gal. But I refuse to take it out on Gibbs.

Originally posted by Liberty

Gibbs is not going to take out Brunell, Brunell is a good ol' boy, god fearing guy that plays courageosly.

I will lose all respect for Gibbs if he keeps Brunell in there after this week. I don't care how hard Brunell is trying he can't get it done. He doesn't have the physical nor the mental ability to be ability to be a starting QB any more.

It is either that or,

Joe Gibbs has no idea what he is doing as the head of the offense.

Dude he is not taking him out.....just before Joey T got hurt, he was awful but Gibbs stuck with him......Loyalty means a lot to Gibbs......But MY opinion, we should never have traded for Brunnell, heck Blake was available, Testaverde, Warner....I could go on, but I'm not

So tell me why Ramsey is so great? Yes he can take a hit, well thats not gonna help us is it. He can throw a long way, thats good, if u have all the other things that good qb's have and Ramsey doesnt. Ramsey had two seasons to prove himself and he didnt show me anything.

It's not that he can take a hit, but that he keeps his eyes downfield. Brunell became scared of the pass rush tonight. You could see him begin not only to notice the rush, but freaking look away from the receivers to the line area. That is a great way to play terrible QB.

Not only that, Brunell was taking ABNORMALLY deep drops, fearful of the rush, that gave terrible angles to his edge blockers. The Ed Reed fumble, for example, he dropped back 13 yards. THIRTEEN.

Brunell is shellshocked right now and it shows. Bottom line is that Brunell isn't getting it done, and it can't get any worse with Ramsey, so why not try the kid?

Archived