Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis needs to keep his mouth shut!!!

RWJ

From the Washington Times.........

Portis spouts off

Running back Clinton Portis, who declined to speak to Washington area media this week, found time to blast the Ravens' defense on Sirius NFL Radio.

"Nothing impresses me about them," Portis said. "It is a defense, and we have to go out and play ball, and that is what we are going to do. There's nothing impressive about them; it's nothing spectacular about them. We just got to go out and establish what we want to do and don't put ourselves in no [bad] situations and run right at them."

He needs to let his play do the talking, not his mouth.

Originally posted by RWJ

Running back Clinton Portis, who declined to speak to Washington area media this week, found time to blast the Ravens' defense on Sirius NFL Radio.

"Nothing impresses me about them," Portis said. "It is a defense, and we have to go out and play ball, and that is what we are going to do. There's nothing impressive about them; it's nothing spectacular about them. We just got to go out and establish what we want to do and don't put ourselves in no [bad] situations and run right at them."

Portis's right.

I like it, he has the fire in his eyes and he wants to win. He knows he has made some mistakes, and hell, this may just be how he gets himslef amped up for big games. As long as he puts his money where his mouth is on Sunday night, I am all for his rants.

uh , yea like get off his nutz ok , he just had his team and his coach basically call him a liar when he said the browns knew their plays , and he is being confident , plus ray took the first shot at portis ...let him tlak the talk

People need to recognize that Baltimore is living off the reputation of its defense under Marvin Lewis, and has been for years. They no longer have all the same players, and they really aren't that good anymore.

Don't misunderstand me. They are not bad, but that is because they have some PLAYMAKERS, most notably Ray Lewis, to step up and make the "D" still seem fearsome.

Our Defense is currently better than theirs. The only thing our "D" is missing from the equation is in forcing turnovers and scoring off of them.

Originally posted by smashmowf

We are 1-3, I don't care how confident and fired up you are, you don't give the other team locker room material.

Oh c'mon. People loved Portis when he said stuff like that. Now all of a sudden he's being treated like a cancer. He's having a rough start. Butm I don't see Brunell lighting it up. I don't see Coles coming down with every ball his way. I think that everybody is gonna say things. Remember when we were looking bad last year? LA went off on Sapp. These guys all play head games with each other. It's part of the game.

Originally posted by smashmowf

We are 1-3, I don't care how confident and fired up you are, you don't give the other team locker room material.

I have to agree with smashmowf. When a team,any team runs their mouth (no matter the record) it will in most cases come back to bite you!!!

Smashmowf::::: the next paragraph is not directed at you but is directed at other posts that I have read in this thread. As far as the Ravens D living off the Lewis years, may I point everyone in the direction of last year, lets not judge a year on 4 games. Please!!:cheers:

Well, judging a year on 4 games seems to be a favorite past time around here these days. :rolleyes:. As for the Bulletine board material, I'd say that makes the teams even. Keeping Ray's comments in mind. And though his were made in Portis direction, figure the Skins Oline could take that as a bit of an insult too. No worries. I'm thinking the coaches on both teams don't need that kind of stuff to motivate them.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well, judging a year on 4 games seems to be a favorite past time around here these days. :rolleyes:. As for the Bulletine board material, I'd say that makes the teams even. Keeping Ray's comments in mind. And though his were made in Portis direction, figure the Skins Oline could take that as a bit of an insult too. No worries. I'm thinking the coaches on both teams don't need that kind of stuff to motivate them.

I agree...... Lets hope at this level motivation comes from a better place . Good luck tonight

Archived