Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting stat from the Chiefs/Ravens game tonight........

TC4

I was over at NFL.com checking out the game stats from the MNF matchup between the Chiefs and the Ravens, and this one stat stuck out:

Time of possesion:

Chiefs - 39:43

Ravens - 20:17

So you got the Ravens coming off a Monday night game where their defense was on the field for nearly 40 minutes and 87 plays, and now they gotta play Sunday night

I wonder how they will be holding up come Sunday night with one less day of rest after all that playing time Monday night?

Yea, the chefs man handled the crows all night. Very physical battle, kind of game that reminds you how things used to be in Washington back in the day.

Ray was tired as a dog, pissed off too. This is perfect to catch them in our house while they have the Monday Night hangover.

Ravens will be pissed though which is not good. My only concern is whether our O-line can consistently win the battle in the trenches. We have seen them come up SOMETIMES with big plays, and their pass protection can even be classified as GOOD for the most part, but the run blocking is very off on the timing, which is going to lead to a lot of 3rd & longs.......:(

Well, another stat I noted over at NFL.com was that while our defense is 4th overall after 4 games, the Ravens D was 14th overall about JUST 3 games

Will be fun to check the stats again tommorow to see how far down the Monday night game dropped the Ravens defense

ESPN shows them 21st but theyve given up fewer points per game then us.

That stat is wrong by calling it defensive because the Redskins defense hasn't given up 17 points a game. I think the offense is responsible for more of those points than the defense.

Originally posted by TODD

This sucks. You don't want to play Baltimore coming off of a loss. They're going to be pissed coming into Sunday night.

Ye have little faith TODD , :D

if our "D" can hold Jamal Lewis under 100 yds sunday night

this will bring a win for our beloved redskins team. the crows passing attack is not anything to brag about and never has been. the crows offence is pure vanilla .

Ray-Ray said to JL last night to put it all on his shoulders

apparently he listened and carried the whole 5 kilo's on his shoulders :laugh:

this game between the skins and crows will boil down to which offence comes to play :rolleyes:

i'm betting it'll be the skins :point2sky

:ravensuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Originally posted by mark327

Ye have little faith TODD , :D

if our "D" can hold Jamal Lewis under 100 yds sunday night

this will bring a win for our beloved redskins team. the crows passing attack is not anything to brag about and never has been. the crows offence is pure vanilla .

Ray-Ray said to JL last night to put it all on his shoulders

apparently he listened and carried the whole 5 kilo's on his shoulders :laugh:

this game between the skins and crows will boil down to which offence comes to play :rolleyes:

i'm betting it'll be the skins :point2sky

:ravensuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

well hopefully we will actually cover Heap in the passing game... it seems like we are always getting burned by TEs and FBs... not really sure about stats but it seems like the TEs and FBs make the big time plays against us... like toward the end of the cowboys game and during the 2nd half of the Browns game...

Here are the current up to date stats for both teams after 4 games each from NFL.com:

Redskins

-----------

Offense - 17th overall

Pass Offense - 16th overall

Run Offense - 21st overall

Defense - 4th overall

Pass Defense - 20th overall

Run Defense - 1st overall

Ravens

---------

Offense - 25th overall

Pass Offense - 32nd overall(Out of 32 teams)

Run Offense - 4th overall

Defense - 21st overall

Pass Defense - 6th overall

Run Defense - 16th overall

As you can see, their strength on offense, their rushing game, plays right into our strength on defense, our run D, and our one weakness on defense, our pass D, is offset by their lack of a passing game, seeing as they are DEAD LAST in passing offense

Originally posted by sjinhan

well hopefully we will actually cover Heap in the passing game... it seems like we are always getting burned by TEs and FBs... not really sure about stats but it seems like the TEs and FBs make the big time plays against us... like toward the end of the cowboys game and during the 2nd half of the Browns game...

Heap is still out, so he won't be playing

He didn't play last night and they said during the game that he would miss at least 2 weeks more

I don't like reading about how we need to be worried since the Ravens will be mad.

F that! We have gotten beaten in 3 straight games by teams that we have more talent than.

I think WE should be mad. And, to add to that, whether they are mad or not, all we have to do is worry about doing the little things and we should win. We've beaten ourselves this year, teams haven't beaten us.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

I don't like reading about how we need to be worried since the Ravens will be mad.

F that! We have gotten beaten in 3 straight games by teams that we have more talent than.

I think WE should be mad. And, to add to that, whether they are mad or not, all we have to do is worry about doing the little things and we should win. We've beaten ourselves this year, teams haven't beaten us.

Amen to that, f them being mad. We have given away 3 straight games, and the media is bashing this team.

The players need to step up in the game. Shut up, and win the game. No excuses, No excuses, No excuses.

They can talk all they want to about sticking together etc etc. They need to bring their A game. This is a home game, and they want the fans support.

We will show up, they need to do their part as well.

Archived