Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

About Roy Williams...

Ghost of

Just fired up the Madden and was just coolin', listening to "Open Your Eyes" by Alter Bridge(which is the best song to listen to and watch the team still shot/action shot clips. Well I got to the Cowboys one, and they had an incredible Richie Anderson hurdle of an Eagle player and then some other still shots...then we come to Roy Williams.

He is looking dead at Delhomme about to hit him, then as he puts his arms out to wrap up----

PUTS HIS HEAD DOWN AND PUTS THE CROWN OF HIS HELMET INTO DELHOMME'S CHEST.

Argument over.

Courtesy of Madden 2005.

Originally posted by Monte51Coleman

I can't help but think that if it were Sean Taylor bringing the wood we would be defending him as one tough sob and making fun of the other team for endlessly complaining about the hits.

But, I could be wrong.;)

I'd never defend a blatent cheap shot

I have laid low and havent posted since the Cowboy game. I didn't want the extreme anger that flowed thru my veins to taint my posts. I have calmed down alot and I am looking forward to the Browns.

I havent forget what happened mind you. Hell I still hate Parcells for beating us 3x in 86. I think back to that year and can honestly say they deserved to win and just plain beat us on the field. I think back to Monday night and can't say the same thing.

It's funny because I knew we were going to lose Monday night. If you don't believe me check my Man contest pick. I said the Boys would win 20-17 and they won 21-18. I knew it would be a close game and we would get screwed or shoot ourselves in the foot in the end.

I think everyone should just take a deep breath and think about the Browns. This is a game we should win. We arent good enough yet to blow them out but, we should win in a squeeker.

getting back to 500 is a good thing. We should be 500 at our bye week at 3-3. That leaves the last 10 games of the season. These last 10 games is what i am thinking about now and I am not going to waste anymore of my time thinking about Williams or the Boys. F'em.

I just wanted to show that it's not just Monday night where Roy Williams led with the crown of his helmet.

He had EVERY opportunity to hit Delhomme the RIGHT way and instead dangerously(for himself in this case) lowered his head and used the crown of his head to get into Delhomme's chest.

This was a random action clip for a video game--you can't think it's the EXCEPTION.

I can't help but think that if it were Sean Taylor bringing the wood we would be defending him as one tough sob and making fun of the other team for endlessly complaining about the hits.

But, I could be wrong.;)

Agreed.

this entire thread is funny.

hate him or not, r williams brings the wood...not always the correct/fundamental way, but the wood nonetheless. he's changing games...that's what you ask for from your d...i only hope st will do the same...in the correct manner ofcourse :)

But, I could be wrong.;)

Cheap shots against defenseless players don't make someone tough.

Nobody wants the Skins players to commit personal fouls. Why would you think that? We don't want to risk giving the opponent a first down when it should be 4th down because Taylor doesn't know how to tackle properly.

Cheap shots against defenseless players don't make someone tough.

i agree to an extent. a strong hit, or cheap shot if you will, early in the game and timed properly, goes a loooong way to demonstrating the dominance of your d. don't believe me?...ask steve a****er...

or any other "throw back"playmaker how to enforce a defense's will on the opposing team. it's mental...take their heart early

Originally posted by Stone Cold

i agree to an extent. a strong hit, or cheap shot if you will, early in the game and timed properly, goes a loooong way to demonstrating the dominance of your d. don't believe me?...ask steve a****er...

or any other "throw back"playmaker how to enforce a defense's will on the opposing team. it's mental...take their heart early

True...but within the rules of the game. Otherwise, you should properly be penalized and hurt your team rather than helping.

True...but within the rules of the game. Otherwise, you should properly be penalized and hurt your team rather than helping.

yes, the 15 yards will hurt...and so will the fine. however, if, like i said, done at the right moment...early in the game, the wr will have alligator hands and their heads will be looking everywhere but for the ball the rest of the game.

i'm not advocating illegal hits here, just saying that hard nosed and well timed hits do go a long way with flexing your d's dominance

Originally posted by bubba9497

I'm still po'd over the td call for the Cardinals Mel Gray

:cuss: I agree with that! That was ridiculous wasn't it? As I recall the broadcast in my area cut off at 4 so I missed Bakken's kick in OT. Man I wish you hadn't reminded me of that!

Originally posted by Sea Bass

Nobody wants the Skins players to commit personal fouls. Why would you think that?

I think that you have mistaken my meaning. My point relates to perspective. I don't think that as many Skins fans here would be making the type of fuss that they have made here for the past five days if a Redskins player had made the hits in question. I don't condone dirty play. Dirty is in the eye of the beholder.

Originally posted by steveskins

This thread is just funny. Maybe it's because of the Madden reference. Even though it was a video clip. Ghost you could have made this thread 100x funnier by using a Madden video Game Play clip instead.:laugh:

True, but I don't even know where to find one off the top of my head.

IF I could I'd just upload the actual video clip from the menu screen.

It was such a blatant spear I found it hilarious in light of the Williams discussions recently.

I swear some of you guys are making way too big a deal of it.

Did his helmet contact Coles'?

Yes.

Was he fined for it?

Yes and rightfully so, if the NFL wants to make this flag football.

End of story.

Get over it.

Sean Taylor tried to rip Antonio Bryant's head off and you do not see a bunch of Cowboy fans making 50 post threads about it.

Archived