Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis yardage/Lee yardage

Angus

What do you think will be the difference between the yardage gained (excluding punt and kick off returns) by Clinton Portis for the Skins and ReShard Lee for the Cowboys? And what will be your reaction if Lee outgains Portis even though Lee has fewer touches?

I think it depends on how the game is flowing. Certainly if we make mistakes early and the Cowboys jump out to a lead, Portis won't get as many touches and Lee could have additional touches and produce more than Portis.

What I'd think in such a situation is that's how football works. If the game is even or we have the edge you'll see Portis with over 100 yards total offense and Lee will be fortunate to hit for 50.

The Skins run D has been great thus far, but if Lee outgains portis then I will probably go on a severe doom and gloom trip and wonder why we didn't keep the draft pick and get tatum Bell.:laugh:

Nah, I seriously doubt that Lee will outgain Portis on Monday night. Portis realistically is top 5 in the NFL and I can promise you this guy will be pumped up for MNF. Those fumbles were a complete fluke, and nobody was more disappointed in CP than himself. He'll bust 171 yards on 25 carries.

Originally posted by Angus

What do you think will be the difference between the yardage gained (excluding punt and kick off returns) by Clinton Portis for the Skins and ReShard Lee for the Cowboys? And what will be your reaction if Lee outgains Portis even though Lee has fewer touches?

couldn't care less about yardage. the final outcome is all that matters. if portis gets 200 yds on 10 carries and we lose, i'll be pissed. if he gets 50 yds on 25 carries and we win, i'll be psyched. realistically, i think portis will be in the 100 yd range; 130 yds with receiving thrown in. i don't know enough about lee to predict anything. i know he has a gaudy ypc average, but it is my impression that is with very limited carry numbers. it also depends on arrington's status on monday.

I wont have much of a reaction if Lee outgains Portis even on fewer touches. I think what you are asking basically is that if Lee outgains Portis is Lee better than Portis. And the answer of course is no, no way. Whatever happens with yardage or anything in this game will not change the fact that Rashard Lee could carry Clinton Portis's jock.

Archived