Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I Crazy ????

TerpsEagles

Check remarks about being an Eagles fan at the door please:rolleyes:

Ok, so my girlfriends best friend lives in Denver and was out visiting about 2 months ago.... nutshell version... we're drinking and I say I'd love to see a game in Invesco Field... WTF ???? Well, her parents are season tix holders for the Broncos.... she says... c'mon out..... we check the schedule... and mostly for our work schedules..... but also b/c the correct staggering of the games... this weekend is the best option..... we fly out tomorrow... hang out Saturday.... my g/f can watch the Skins at 11am Denver time.... i can watch the Eagles game at a bar owned by her friends' friend at 2pm their time... then we walk over to Invesco field and watch the Broncos home opener vs. the Chiefs...... great rivalry.... (even though I will be secretely routing for T. Green for my FFL) .... fly back Monday.....

so.... am I nutz...??? I don't have tix to the Eagles opener this year...... so why the hell not....

assuming you didn't have tix to Gibbs home opener return... would you do this trip ? Or stay local to enjoy the opener w/ your Skins peeps....... ?

(what can I say...... the woman has gone to sleep and I'm sitting here FINALLY watching Dillon get me some yards... )

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well, if you meant what you said about loving to see a game there, then no. Not crazy. Sounds like you have it all covered. Can watch Eagles, gf can watch Skins and then go see a live pro game. Not a bad thing really.

agreed... I love NFL football in general.... love to see other atmospheres and fan bases.... and from what i hear... broncos fans can throw a tailgate......

UT, huh.... i'm comin' out your way..... how's the weather supposed to be mid-USA this weekend...

I would not hesitate in a second to see that game. You still get to see your team, so your not missing anything.

I did kinda the same thing and saw a B-More/Indy game in B-more. Manning's first year. It was nice, free, and we had 9 row from the corner of the endzone seats. B-more threw a TD pass right in front of us..was cool.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

Check remarks about being an Eagles fan at the door please:rolleyes:

Ok, so my girlfriends best friend lives in Denver and was out visiting about 2 months ago.... nutshell version... we're drinking and I say I'd love to see a game in Invesco Field... WTF ???? Well, her parents are season tix holders for the Broncos.... she says... c'mon out..... we check the schedule... and mostly for our work schedules..... but also b/c the correct staggering of the games... this weekend is the best option..... we fly out tomorrow... hang out Saturday.... my g/f can watch the Skins at 11am Denver time.... i can watch the Eagles game at a bar owned by her friends' friend at 2pm their time... then we walk over to Invesco field and watch the Broncos home opener vs. the Chiefs...... great rivalry.... (even though I will be secretely routing for T. Green for my FFL) .... fly back Monday.....

so.... am I nutz...??? I don't have tix to the Eagles opener this year...... so why the hell not....

assuming you didn't have tix to Gibbs home opener return... would you do this trip ? Or stay local to enjoy the opener w/ your Skins peeps....... ?

(what can I say...... the woman has gone to sleep and I'm sitting here FINALLY watching Dillon get me some yards... )

I have close to the same "problem." My sock drawer is over crowded, and I was kicking around the idea of using the drawer directly below to stash any overflow.

Originally posted by dahogs

I have close to the same "problem." My sock drawer is over crowded, and I was kicking around the idea of using the drawer directly below to stash any overflow.

Thanks for the nice "outloud" laugh i just got out of that one....

you know what i mean though.... i'm either at the opener .... or hunkering down in the house or local bar for it..... not flying across country.,...... just last minute second guessing..... i know... it's a no-brainer in reality.......

seriously though, your post was very funny.....

i'd say good luck to all you Skins fans on Sunday.... but I'd truly mean it only in a "I hope my girl is happy" or a "here's to no injuries for your team" kinda way.....

peace:cheers:

I was at the Lions-Rams game of 2001 at the Silverdome. Went with a friend and friends of his. Truly a great game with an improbable completion on 4th and VERY long to Germaine Crowell.

My dad was a Lions fan, so I pulled for them(plus they were ther underdog.)

Nothing wrong with that if you can't watch your team live(or at all.)

Originally posted by Harooni

but when the egals lose u will not be in the mood to watch the game,this plan is flawed

You have a point about the mood, but to be honest how can you pass on an opportunity like this, I say go for it!! Hopefully your team will win to cap off a great weekend........:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well, if you meant what you said about loving to see a game there, then no. Not crazy. Sounds like you have it all covered. Can watch Eagles, gf can watch Skins and then go see a live pro game. Not a bad thing really.

Makes sense to me.

I did exactly this same thing during the 2002 season. Flew to Denver from DC, went to the Chiefs/Broncos game at Invesco. Great game (I think the final was 38-31 Denver), great stadium. The whole "IN-COM-PLETE" thing after every opposing team incomplete pass gets old though. Invesco is a great stadium, but if you are in the upper deck, bring your oxygen tank.

Archived