Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (*OFFICAIL HURRICANE*) Ivan thread.....

Tom [Giants fan]

Well, I'm on my own for the time being. Heard from my wife about an hour ago, and their flight to Newark NJ was perfect. She and my daughter are staying down the Jersey shore (I wish), and mom and her dog are staying at my aunts house in Pearl River NY.

Just watched the miami game, and I think I'm gonna go out for Shshi. After all, the place may get leveled and I would have to live with the thought of blowing my last chance to eat there:rolleyes:

I am kind of pizzed. I took of two days from work, and the friggin storm slows down to a crawl. I'm sittin here with JACK to do, and the storm is two days away.:doh:

It's 165mph winds now with 911 milibars of pressure. What a monster heat engine.

I can't believe it changed direction at the last second and spared Jamaica. I don't think I've ever seen a storm make such an abrupt change in direction. Almost as if someone put their hand up and just nudged on past Jamaica.

I really hope this thing doesnt sit in the gulf sucking up the HOT water.. that is where most hurricanes ressurect themselves after being broke by florida....

Isnt the organized religion thing supposed to be trying to help?

I just gave 5 bucks for the Petco animal help they are sending down... I'm a sucker for pets...

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

I really hope this thing doesn't turn east. Pete, I feel for you and everyone on the west coast, but unless it turns eastward enough to send it into the Atlantic, I really hope it stays west. Hopefully it'll turn away from everyone.

It won't turn east to the Atlantic. There was a report on The Weather Channel that said that a high pressure system to the east of Florida will force the hurricane to stay west.

Originally posted by skinsfan51

It won't turn east to the Atlantic. There was a report on The Weather Channel that said that a high pressure system to the east of Florida will force the hurricane to stay west.

Yup, and that high presure system is keeping it on a W NW track. Keep going baby. I don't wish this on anybody, but at this point, I have no problem with it hitting Tx or La. Sorry folks:(

Reports today that is going west, looks like Florida can take a break this time. Now if this thing hits New Orleans, it might be worse then what happened to the Florida with the first 2 hurricanes.

I have been gone a while how is all of our florida extremers doing and their families and homes?? Hope all of you are okay.

I'm pertty sure we have a few members in the pan handel. I know RF4L is in the Talli area, and isn't Mardi in the New Orleans?

It's a bit to far south as of yet for me to take the boards down off the windows and doors. My alarm went off this morning, and I was thinking, wow, it must be raining pretty hard it's so dam dark. As I pulled the cord, and the shade went up, there was my plywood wall:doh:

Feel like I'm living in a cave. I know what I'll be doing this weekend. And I will remember to bring home the cordless screw gun from work this time:laugh:

I think Ivan tore up sections of I10 north of Pennsicola. Crazy.. that's a concrete highway over the bay and Ivan just beat the hell out of it.

Once the media can get out there... I think we're going to see some amazing damage.

My thoughts and prayers are with those people down there.

As for Ivan as he moves north and east..... be wary of the levels of rain it dumps on the mountains... could be devastating to towns in it's path.

Camille killed almost 40 in Va. due to the heavy rains that caused swollen rivers and streams. I think they reported it rained 13 inches in one hour. :yikes:

Archived