Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock on the way out?

GSF

Rock sure got a lot of carries tonight. It kind of seems like tonight was he chance to show Gibbs something, and unfortunately, he didn't. I think it was Art who said in a different thread that he was less impressed with the lighter Rock at tailback than he was with the fireplug rock at fullback, and I agree.

Betts is assured to make the team if he can stay healthy b/c of his size. Morton of course makes the team with special teams play, and Simon has really shown more than Rock has thus far. Simon has actually looked like a poor man's Portis with some nifty moves, and with a few nice catches out of the backfield. As much as Rock seems to be a Redskin type player, he just seems to have the least value to the team out of the tailbacks right now. It is starting to look like the only way Rock makes it is if Gibbs keeps 4 tailbacks, and I don't think that will happen.

You didn't see Simon tonight. It was about Rock and Sultan and the winner between the two moves on to compete against Simon next week. I think Rock's done and that's too bad, because no one was more excited about him when we got him than I was.

Originally posted by BD

I disagree completely. I think Rock makes this final roster. And I think Simon didn't get used because he's going to get cut.

BD

BD,

Maybe you're right. But, from my experience, Simon didn't get used because he got a bye into the final. Rock and Sultan got the work and the winner gets Simon. We'll see in a week :).

Art,

I didn't mention Sultan b/c I think he has even less of a shot of making it than Rock. I think we didn't see Simon and Betts tonight b/c they've already made it. There may be some compettion left between Simon and Rock, but unless things really change, Simon has won that battle. I agree with you about Rock though. I think he's gone, and that's too bad b/c I also really liked him last year.

Sultan is going PS, we may just keep Simon & Rock.

No back looked great. The line was weakened without Thomas & Samuels.

Betts limited play he had one good run, and made some nice blocks.

Rock looked fair, made some good catches. Nothing spectaculer.

Sultan looked good, but against guys who won't be on the team next week.

I don't think the running game in general was all that impressive. The Oline wasn't helping any of the RB's before Samuels went out. It also helped that the Rams played some solid run defense. Constantly putting 7-8 in the box. I don't think it's possible to make a judgement on the either Rock or Sultan based on the play tonight. Sultan ran ok..but was brought down fairly easily. rock came out of the backfield well and ran hard. I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision there.

Bubba,

Assuming Betts makes it, wouldn't the only way we keep Simon and Rock be if we only kept 5 receivers? Maybe that is what will happen. After Jacobs and McCants, who's left? I don't think there is any way Russell makes it. Gari Scott?

What can I say that I have not already said?

No one looked good. Betts had one good run.......the first one. That was it. He had 3 more carries for 5 yards. Wow.

Rock didnt have the runs as he usually does. I saw it. He did catch two balls and looked good with those.

Simon didnt play. It was announced he had a shoulder injury. But Art said he was held out because so either Rock/Sultan can match with him next week.

So, I guess that makes it so.

Rock got hurt. He got up. He jogged off. But he didnt go back in. He may be more hurt than is being stated.

I listen to these reporters. They are exactly that.......reporters.

We are fans. No more no less.

I am not upbeat tonight.

I still believe in Rock.

Until Gibbs says something I will continue to plan to see him during this year.

Blondie

Originally posted by GSF

Bubba,

Assuming Betts makes it, wouldn't the only way we keep Simon and Rock be if we only kept 5 receivers? Maybe that is what will happen. After Jacobs and McCants, who's left? I don't think there is any way Russell makes it. Gari Scott?

is there a law about how many players you keep at a position?

I don't know

Gibbs has always kept more TE and RB than most teams ...usually because of Special teams.

I think Scott if eligible will go to the PS. Russell I think is gone. Something I found curious was that McCants didn't play until late.

Jacobs (besides the fumble :doh: ) to me looked impressive.

and Yes Simons was hurt.

I'm sure running up Samuels legs and spraining his ankle isn't going to help matters any. I know it was an accident, but you never like to see your guys get hurt by your own players. Did you see how mad Buges was on the replay?

Rock won't make it.

The kicker is this....

we only see them play a limited amount of time. and don't know what they are supposed to do on each play. Gibbs also evaluates what goes on in practices we and reporters don't see. He also evaluates on their intellect, and how they learn... we don't have privy too either. and He evaluates a players heart and desire to play & win.... only he knows how each player scores there.

I do know Joe Gibbs always had players on the bottom of the roster who many would never have picked, that play over their abilities, and always show up big during the season at some point.

In Gibbs we trust! :D

Originally posted by GSF

Rock sure got a lot of carries tonight. It kind of seems like tonight was he chance to show Gibbs something, and unfortunately, he didn't. I think it was Art who said in a different thread that he was less impressed with the lighter Rock at tailback than he was with the fireplug rock at fullback, and I agree.

Betts is assured to make the team if he can stay healthy b/c of his size. Morton of course makes the team with special teams play, and Simon has really shown more than Rock has thus far. Simon has actually looked like a poor man's Portis with some nifty moves, and with a few nice catches out of the backfield. As much as Rock seems to be a Redskin type player, he just seems to have the least value to the team out of the tailbacks right now. It is starting to look like the only way Rock makes it is if Gibbs keeps 4 tailbacks, and I don't think that will happen.

I'm not so sure I agree with you. I think he is the worst of all the tailbacks as a RB, but he is adds value as a special teams player. However I would like to keep Betts & Sultan. It will either be Simon or Rock that goes.

Originally posted by GatorEye

I'm sure running up Samuels legs and spraining his ankle isn't going to help matters any. I know it was an accident, but you never like to see your guys get hurt by your own players. Did you see how mad Buges was on the replay?

Rock won't make it.

that was the fault of how he was tackled. not because of Rock

Originally posted by bubba9497

is there a law about how many players you keep at a position?

I don't know

Gibbs has always kept more TE and RB than most teams ...usually because of Special teams.

I think Scott if eligible will go to the PS. Russell I think is gone. Something I found curious was that McCants didn't play until late.

Jacobs (besides the fumble :doh: ) to me looked impressive.

and Yes Simons was hurt.

Scott is not eligible for the PC - 4th year player.

I would think we'll see at least 5 WR's and I would think 5 TE's, leaving it probable only 4 RB's will be kept.

I don't know for sure about Rock, but I can say I don't see how we could let Simon go. He can run, catch, block, return, block on returns and play well on kick coverage.

I would think its down to Rock vs. Sultan for this week's cuts

Originally posted by jimster

Scott is not eligible for the PC - 4th year player.

I would think we'll see at least 5 WR's and I would think 5 TE's, leaving it probable only 4 RB's will be kept.

I don't know for sure about Rock, but I can say I don't see how we could let Simon go. He can run, catch, block, return, block on returns and play well on kick coverage.

I would think its down to Rock vs. Sultan for this week's cuts

I agree with you, but if we only keep 4 RB's, Rock and Sultan are both gone.

Portis

Betts

Morton

Simon

Archived