Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ricky Williams reportedly called Wannstatd and may be pondering a comeback.

QBkilla56

That's the "smart" play if you're Ricky.

Returning guarantees you the Dolphins can't take the money from you. As you're suspended you won't actually have to play the game anyway, and the team can't force you to give the bonus money back. The MOST they could do is fine you a few hundred thousand for not showing up. That's what I'd do :).

Originally posted by Art

That's the "smart" play if you're Ricky.

Returning guarantees you the Dolphins can't take the money from you. As you're suspended you won't actually have to play the game anyway, and the team can't force you to give the bonus money back. The MOST they could do is fine you a few hundred thousand for not showing up. That's what I'd do :).

Do you think the Dolphins and NFL could work out a deal to let Ricky play this year, or is he done till 2005 IF he did come back?

You are right if he came back they couldn't take his money as easy. He could also blame it on his mental status, which would then give him even more of an advantage in this case.

Originally posted by jbooma

Do you think the Dolphins and NFL could work out a deal to let Ricky play this year, or is he done till 2005 IF he did come back?

You are right if he came back they couldn't take his money as easy. He could also blame it on his mental status, which would then give him even more of an advantage in this case.

Honestly, if the reports are right he's failed too many tests and missed follow up tests that he's got to be out this year. Again, if the reports are correct. The league can't enter into a side deal with the Dolphins that usurps the collective agreement of 31 other teams.

I think it would show an extreme lack of character for Ricky to do what I'm proposing, but, simply returning to the Dolphins would assure they can't get the money from him, and he'd be suspended for a year so he won't have to play. For him, it's the only play to make.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9497200.htm

Ricky's call doesn't spell return

Retired running back Ricky Williams contacted the team at the request of his agent but said 'it's not in my best interests to play football right now.'

BY JASON COLE, DAN LE BATARD AND ARMANDO SALGUERO

jcole@herald.com

Running back Ricky Williams said Wednesday night that he contacted the Dolphins earlier this week at the request of agent Leigh Steinberg, but said he has no plans to return to the team anytime soon despite numerous reports that he is coming back.

Not that Williams has completely ruled out a return, but he made it clear that under the current state of the coaching staff and of his contract that "it's not in my best interests to play football right now."

Beyond that, Williams is facing a suspension of at least one year from the NFL for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Originally posted by LaVarArringtons****

Looks like that 8 million the dolphins want from Ricky came back to bite him in the ass. Just reported by ESPN.

How about you post the link to the article which is this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1868046

Next off how about you tell the facts of the story rather than making it seem as if he is coming back.

It was stated by Arrington that "he reportedly called Wannstatd and may be pondering a comeback"

No, he called his former coach at the advice of his agent (for once being professional). He stated that he would not come back under this staff, this season (he couldn't even if he wanted to due to the marijuana), and he would not come back and carry the same load as he has been.

He is not really pondering a come back ... That article said absolutely nothing about pondering.. It said he is going to Asia for a "couple months."

Facts please .. Facts!

I have to believe Tagliabue will let Ricky play this year despite the drug testing complications only because the Dolphins have no offense without him. Good thing my fantasy draft hasn't happened yet.

The radio is now saying that Ricky is stipulating that he won't come back and play unless the Dolphins fire Wannstadt and his coaching staff. Can't see a team canning their coaching staff one week before the season though. Sounds like he wants a trade......Anyone but Dallas please.

:(

Williams Contacts Dolphins But Says He's Headed for India

Aug 26, 1:16 AM (ET) Email this Story

MIAMI (AP) - Retired running back Ricky Williams says he contacted the Miami Dolphins this week at the request of his agent but has no plans to rejoin the team anytime soon.

Williams didn't rule out a return but made it clear that given his contract and the state of the coaching staff, "It's not in my best interests to play football right now," he told the Miami Herald in a story published Wednesday night on the newpaper's Web site.

...It sounds like he has a problem with the coaching staff. - A few weeks ago he said he could see himself playing for Norv in Oakland. I bet we'll see him again playing for another team in a year, maybe two.

Maybe he likes the layed-back Norv style

Seems that many people think it's a weed problem alone, and it's not. This guy suffers from a mental illness, which is no joke. Don't remember what he's been diagnosed with some years back, but it plays a big role in his on, and off field problems.

Originally posted by Stomper90

Facts please .. Facts!

you want facts, the fact is he is having issues right now, it isn't he wants to live life free he is an issue with the dolphins for some reason or he wouldn't go on and say i would love to play football, he also has a drug problem he needs to get help with and i think the threat of losing 8 million dollars might have waked him up on his current tour, he does have kids and last i checked smoking pot is not a job

BadKarma, why would Tags let him play? Its not his job to get the Dolphins some offense. Did you all forget Ricky filed his retirement papers? Even if he wanted to come back AND if he didn't have to sit out a suspension AND he could clean himself up AND he got his head straight, he's retired and will be for at least a year.

Yeah, he has social anxiety disorder. He sought treatment for it though and is supposed to be on medication. It might be a factor in all this.

Social Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Munchousen's Syndrome By Proxy?? We can make up all the little handy, politically correct ways to sugar the truth. Dude is wacked. Back in the day we would have called him a weirdo. Anyone remember Duane Thomas? He was a helluva runningback for the Pokes and 'Skins, but he just couldn't get his s**t together........:2cents:

Archived