Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Nostalgia To Pass The Time

JoeSkins

This is a little poll to pass the time before we knock out the Rams later in the week.

Which former Redskin would you like to have back with the organization? As a note, they must still be active in the NFL. Oh, and no Champ, because we'd have to give back Portis.

toughie...SD, Trent Green, Shawn Barber and Kenard Lang too..I liked those guys. oh well. I was just thinking about Trent while watching this Chiefs v Rams game tonight...like man...let a great QB get away. oh well.

I liked Derick Smith too...Linebacker..he was always makin plays/tackles and around the ball.

Originally posted by Gilgamesh

Howabout Bobby Bethard?

I was thinkin' this one myself. He was better than Casserly at picking the talent for this team, but he & Gibbs had trouble getting along at the end there. Oh well, I'm glad we have Gibbs back instead! :D

If he were still active, I'd agree with Beathard, but I'd have to say Green. I'd like Davis a bit more for sentimental reasons, but Green would be awesome in this offense, and I'm still worried how much Brunell has left.

Why would anyone want Casserly back? Are you guys nuts????

A few good late round gems like Davis and Brian Mitchell, but all his 1st rounders were busts besides Champ (Andre Johnson, Tom Carter, Westbroke, Shuler, etc.), and most of his 2nds were disappointments as well. And he was the WORST when it came to evaluating free agents (A king's ransom for Stubby and Big Daddy, Leonard Marshall, etc.) His only decent FA pickups were Ellard and Harvey.

I gotta go with Davis. We know that if Gibbs was here then he would have never let him go. We could have somehow kept Champ because we wouldn't have had to trade for a back. I'm pleased with where we are at, but Davis is what made a Super Bowl team click last year.

K. Why do we insist on propping up this dead horse? Davis is not a gamer. Riggo was a gamer. Davis flops, fumbles and farts in big games. The evidence has been collected and it is irrefutable.:doh:

Davis would have been greatto hang on to; however, if we still had him we would not only NOT have CP, but we wouldn't have Bailey and possibly many other starters that we currently have. Davis' contract was TOO heavy, and he was not going to renegotiate it; he proved that.

Trent Green or Brad Johnson would be great players to have on the roster. Damn salary-cap. :dallasuck

Archived