Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Life without Jansen: What do we do to fill the hole?

Skin Deep

Well, although the future without jansen looks bleak, I dont feel we are in as much trouble as some may think. If Winey can fill in for Samuels in Spurriers screwed up blokcing schemes, I am sure Bugel can find a capable replacement.

Molinaro or Wilson will see alot of the field this year, and I am sure we will be lining up the TE/H Back alot on the right side, but all in all, Buges will find a way.

Wrong, skins4eva.

Losing Jansen is a bad blow.

But we aren't in deep $%&^. This doesn't prevent us from being playoff contenders, nor is our season over.

If one guy getting injured does that, we were in trouble to start with.

So keep it in perspective. Its bad, but not the end of everything Gibbs and Buges will work it out.

The one silver lining to this is that it happened now, and not a week before the regular season when it would've been tougher to get someone else up to speed and ready.

Skins Guy

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

There is really only one good thing with this. It is so early that whoever fills in will have 4 games of expierence to get in the groove.

I think the line will still be alright, just not nearly as good as it could have been. This is a huge blow especially with Brunell but I think Gibbs and Bugel can and will adjust. They simply have no choice if we want our QB protected and if we want some sort of running game.

Although its not great for an offensive line's continuity, I think we'll have to RT by commite. Jones, Winey, Molinaro/Wilson could be used as fresh rotations, but none of them are capable of withstanding blindside protection from elite pass rushers.

We should scour the waiver wire and see if anyone somewhat decent is available...

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The FO should be on the phone already looking at any vet that has played RT in the past few season who is not on a team right now.

It could be like an Andy Heck situation in 1999 after Joe Patton was cut. Hell what is Joe Patton doing? Bring him back!

This is pretty killer. We WERE deep on the line. Now that depth is shot, and we've got a gaping hole on the right side. Strahan and Kearse have gotta be licking their chops right about now.

I feel better with Gibbs and Bugel on the job than Spurrier and Helton, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean they don't have a huge problem to deal with now.

Damn ...

Preseason...regular season...who gives a cr*p? We're SCREWED.

You don't replace a guy like Jon with cast-offs or late round rookies.

This ruined an otherwise terrific night. I'm sickened...our O-Line never had quality depth to begin with, and now this.

Oh well, nothing left to do but try and make the best out of a horribly bad situation.

Archived