Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Life without Jansen: What do we do to fill the hole?

Skin Deep

The worst part about this is that we are losing a "true" Redskin, when we need him the most. We've got some young guys, rookies and new veterens, but not many tried and true Redskins like Jansen.

Losing someone who has been loyal, with great character, good PR status and is opne of the best at his position is HUGE.

You could tell from the way Gibbs spoke of it that it is a big blow, but that is football and why we drueled over Gibbs' return, because he will make a great change/addition and find a way to make it work.

:thumbsup:

You guys need to chill with this doom and gloom crap. We're far from screwed. Jansen is just one guy and he's isn't going to make or break our season by himself.

We have a great coaching staff and enough depth along the line to compensate for Jansens loss.

This is really upsetting me. I hope that those of you are saying this won't be that bad, or that big of a deal, are right. I just know that there is no way that we can replace everthing we lost, when we lost Jansen.

Is this a career ending injury?

Originally posted by laurent

You guys need to chill with this doom and gloom crap. We're far from screwed. Jansen is just one guy and he's isn't going to make or break our season by himself.

We have a great coaching staff and enough depth along the line to compensate for Jansens loss.

I couldn't agree more. Look, Winey played pretty good last year and Bugel can get them in shape. Fact is, we have no choice, we have to adjust and compensate. Besides, we have a month to get the new RT coordinating with the rest. Fact is, they need to use this to strenghten their resolve.

Jansen's loss sucks, but it's not that big of a deal. We have plenty of options (Winey, K. Walker, Dockery, and the two rookies). Out of that group, I believe someone will stand up as a solid NFL starter. Plus, we have all available FAs if the coaching staff feels the present roster is not capable.

In the end, we're probably trading a near pro bowl RT for an average/solid NFL tackle. It's better that this happens at RT than at QB or TB. With our coaching staff, I think we will be just fine.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

This is really upsetting me. I hope that those of you are saying this won't be that bad, or that big of a deal, are right. I just know that there is no way that we can replace everthing we lost, when we lost Jansen.

Is this a career ending injury?

A lot of things would have to go wrong during Jansens surgery and recovery for this injury to be career threatening. Don't get me wrong, those kind of injuries are no joke, but Jansen is still young enough to come back from this injury and be the same guy that he was before.

i dont think dockery will start at RT because he is a lil too slow.

a radical trade idea would be trading taylor jacobs and a no. 4 to the chargers for roman oben. oben is a DC area guy so i think he would love to play for gibbs.

but i think k. jones will be ok at RT. he played that position for the patriots a couple years ago as a starter.

Originally posted by method man

i dont think dockery will start at RT because he is a lil too slow.

a radical trade idea would be trading taylor jacobs and a no. 4 to the chargers for roman oben. oben is a DC area guy so i think he would love to play for gibbs.

but i think k. jones will be ok at RT. he played that position for the patriots a couple years ago as a starter.

Jeez, are we really desperate enough where have to start throwing away draft picks for marginal players? I don't care where the hell Oben is from, I'd rather see us develop some of our own guys.

ok, we still got Samuels, Dockery, Raymer/Friedman, and Thomas(recover soon man). Jansen is hopefully not out the whole season, but it looks bad from the reports. Now, Winey filled in nicely for Samuels last year, give him a shot. Also, Kenyatta Jones, why not try him as well. Bill Ferrario may have before been camp fodder, I think he's a guard, but can he play? If all else fails, Wilson and Molinaro, whats wrong with trying a rookie there?

The main problem I see is that if Brunell is the starter (I cant decide with that game), then the LT is more important. However, we still have depth at the line, and Bugel is coaching them. Move Rasby over to the left more and help block there, hes a great blocker. Hopefully we will be fine, but im gonna miss Jansen.

Yes, we have the talent....Jansen is a big loss, we all see that...but people are getting down so fast.....When you lose someone, don't just fall apart...the test of this team is the see if they can regroup from all of this....and I Know they will

This is one of those injuries, while bad and a real bummer, isn't going to make a major difference. I do believe that some of the negative sentiment here has to do with the "Oh NO not AGAIN" mentality. I believe that we'll find a solution to this whether it be Winey, Jones or Thomas, I really believe that this is one of the only major players that we could lose and still be OK. Had it been CP or Coles, I'd be a bit more bummed. Never fear, we'll be OK. We will work through it.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery for a real CLASS REDSKIN :cheers:

Archived