Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005 coming out soon

rockANDallstar

Yeah I am defiantly getting it. I Bought my off of eBay 2 days ago for $40.00. If you keep checking you might find one on there that is cheaper... So if you are interested look on eBay you might find a deal!! They guy I bought mine from said that he would ship it out August 8

Originally posted by TXREDSKINS44

Yeah I am defiantly getting it. I Bought my off of eBay 2 days ago for $40.00. If you keep checking you might find one on there that is cheaper... So if you are interested look on eBay you might find a deal!! They guy I bought mine from said that he would ship it out August 8

that was his madden 2004 not 2005 :D

why do i need madden when I have the best football game all ready ESPN :cheers:

I'm going to buy Madden. If ESPN had a decent 'Franchise' mode then I probably would have skipped it. There are also several glitches in ESPN: The play clock runs down then challending, and kickoffs that go OB aren't penalized. The presentation was better than I expected, but Madden simply dominates in gameplay.

I'll probably buy Madden 2005, but I can tell you that after playing ESPN 2005 and then playing Madden 2004, Madden 2004 seems more like the arcade style to me. I can't tell whether or not Im playing Madden or NFL Blitz, the way Im just able to launch it downfield to Coles is just laughable in this game. As Im typing this it is 14-14 at the end of the first quarter, Madden 2004 is nothing but unrealistic gameplay. Madden 2005's defense better be much improved because if it isn't then it won't have anything on ESPN 2005. Heck I probably wouldn't be buying Madden 2005 anyway if it didn't have the feature of being able to draft players from NCAA 2005.

I'll buy Madden 2005. When does it come out? Easports.com said in stores Aug.12. Somebody On Madden2004 on-line said that they already had it, and other people were saying that it came out Aug.9. If it comes out on the 9th. then could I go to wal-mart on the 8th at 11:59 p.m. and wait till it hits 12 and buy game.

madden hits stores that tuesday, well it ships, as is common with video games it may not be in all stores on tuesday, i wouldnt waste my time at walmart on monday night as it most likly wont be there. as far as unrealistic game play goes, your right, if u play on rookie or pro or even on allstar u can really come away with some wacked out scores, i regualrly racked up over 100 in a 6 minute quarter game. The emphasis however this year is on defense, hence ray lewis is on the cover. The first indication of how this will be different comes in the form of NCAA where the defense is much imporved and on the pro setting (varsity) I find games often come down to a last minute drive. Myabe you want to rent ncaa before u buy madden if you are that concerned. Being a madden fanatic, i take offense to the statement that madden is like an arcade game comepared to espn, but that discussion has been done to death, ive played espn this year and cant wait for madden, but im glad there is something for everyone, enjoy playing as the new and much improved skins in any forum!

jbooma, you should at least try Madden, you are not being very objective if you don't.

For the record, I hated ESPN football at first, but I honestly like it more now as I have gotten used to the controls. There are a few things that I wish were different, but all and all, I have fun playing it and see alot that it does better than last year's Madden.

But to just write off this year's Madden without playing it is crazy.

Originally posted by codeorama

jbooma, you should at least try Madden, you are not being very objective if you don't.

For the record, I hated ESPN football at first, but I honestly like it more now as I have gotten used to the controls. There are a few things that I wish were different, but all and all, I have fun playing it and see alot that it does better than last year's Madden.

But to just write off this year's Madden without playing it is crazy.

I always get madden anyway :) but get bored very early and this year with all this stuff bases on unhappy players and everything I can just watch the ESPN Football reality show Playmakers :laugh:

Originally posted by jbooma

I always get madden anyway :) but get bored very early and this year with all this stuff bases on unhappy players and everything I can just watch the ESPN Football reality show Playmakers :laugh:

If you don't like madden and you have tried it, then no one can really say much, all of this is so subjective anyway, people's taste is so different.

Originally posted by codeorama

If you don't like madden and you have tried it, then no one can really say much, all of this is so subjective anyway, people's taste is so different.

just like coke and pepsi, and bud lite and miller lite, and sean taylor and K2 :laugh:

Want to save 31% of the prive of Madden 2005?

Here is what you do - go to Target and see if they have any of there advertised video games (doesn't matter what system) out of stock.

If they do, request a raincheck on that game (I just got one for Tom Clancy Splinter Cell for the XBox).

On the bottom of the raincheck, it states that you can use the raincheck for any substitute game and receive the same percentage off that the raincheck game is on sale for.

So for the Tom Clancy game that I have a raincheck, its 31% (originally $49.99 and on sale for $34.88). The raincheck (that I got yesterday), is good until 9/18/04 (45 days).

So when Madden 2005 comes in, and its priced $49.99 - I will buy it for $34.88.

Evil aren't I?

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Want to save 31% of the prive of Madden 2005?

Here is what you do - go to Target and see if they have any of there advertised video games (doesn't matter what system) out of stock.

If they do, request a raincheck on that game (I just got one for Tom Clancy Splinter Cell for the XBox).

On the bottom of the raincheck, it states that you can use the raincheck for any substitute game and receive the same percentage off that the raincheck game is on sale for.

So for the Tom Clancy game that I have a raincheck, its 31% (originally $49.99 and on sale for $34.88). The raincheck (that I got yesterday), is good until 9/18/04 (45 days).

So when Madden 2005 comes in, and its priced $49.99 - I will buy it for $34.88.

Evil aren't I?

have you done this before, or is this your first, curious if they allow new games for this

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Boom,

Done it before - no exclusions on new games.

Even done it (used the raincheck to buy a game) when the game that I had a raincheck for was in stock.

In general, they don't care either way - I was just trying to save y'all some $'s so that you can spend it on Skins stuff.

:)

you da man :cheers:

Archived