Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Watching the DNC?

chomerics

I guess we knoew who didn't watch it :)

BTW, it was a great speech, you missed a good one, your loss.

Originally posted by Art

Speaking of Mondale, he works -- has an office -- at my wife's firm. The Bush-Cheney stickers are hitting his door in August :).

I like this Art, reminds me of a story. . .

I was 17 at the time living in Mass and Dukakis was running. My buddies dad was the head of the BPPA (Boston Police Patrolman's Assoc.) and had union problems negotiating a contract with Dukakis a year earlier, so was against Dukakis needless to say. Bush I found out Dukakis had a run in with him over the contract duties and called him on the phone. My buddeies dad then gave a speech where the BPPA was comming out in support of Bush, it was a big thing at that point in the election. Well, next thing you know he got invided to a gala at the White House. Anyways, on the DC trip, me and a bunch of my friends took Dukakis/Ferraro signs and plastered them all over his yard. We waited across the street for him to come home, just to see his reaction. . . good times, good times :)

personally i dont find it painful to listen to kerry. he is not as bad a speaker as i thought. what i do find painful is to listen to someone stand up there and blatantly lie to me and smirk at the most unappropriate moments imaginable.

Originally posted by miragv

what i do find painful is to listen to someone stand up there and blatantly lie to me and smirk at the most unappropriate moments imaginable.

Unfortunately, most politicans are like this, I just hope Kerry isn't one of them.

Originally posted by chomerics

I guess we knoew who didn't watch it :)

BTW, it was a great speech, you missed a good one, your loss.

I like this Art, reminds me of a story. . .

I was 17 at the time living in Mass and Dukakis was running. My buddies dad was the head of the BPPA (Boston Police Patrolman's Assoc.) and had union problems negotiating a contract with Dukakis a year earlier, so was against Dukakis needless to say. Bush I found out Dukakis had a run in with him over the contract duties and called him on the phone. My buddeies dad then gave a speech where the BPPA was comming out in support of Bush, it was a big thing at that point in the election. Well, next thing you know he got invided to a gala at the White House. Anyways, on the DC trip, me and a bunch of my friends took Dukakis/Ferraro signs and plastered them all over his yard. We waited across the street for him to come home, just to see his reaction. . . good times, good times :)

One problem with your story there. Dukakis' running mate wasn't Ferraro, it was Lloyd Benson

I've watched all week, mostly the MSNBC coverage. Some CNN as well.

It as been pretty messy with all the pro Kerry BS being thrown around, according to what I have heard this week he is somewhere between Gandhi and Jesus Christ.

Positive and Centrist Rhetoric do not the Democratic Party Make, at least not the presidential platform. Their true heart and souls were revealed the other day with Dennis K., Elijah Cummings, and Al Sharpton. Not one of them was disagreed with, all of them were embraced as the true spirit of their party by the other Democratic leaders.

I love how John Kerry tries to trick Bush into taking the high ground, after he has no intention of doing it himself and has slandered the president in essence if not in technical fact, since the primaries started (that sham of a primary, where they all bashed Bush instread of debated).

Obviously it would be nice to see Bush take the high ground, but it can not come at the cost of allowing people to belibe the lies that Kerry tells them about himself and Bush.

Originally posted by luckydevil

I have been very impressed by the Democratic party this week

Extremely positive and centrist( if not conservative)

Funny how that works. They have to change their stripes and pretend to be conservative in order for anyone to at least pay attention to them.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Funny how that works. They have to change their stripes and pretend to be conservative in order for anyone to at least pay attention to them.

You have to agree though the Dems & their surrogates are masters at dissembling.

Originally posted by TC4

One problem with your story there. Dukakis' running mate wasn't Ferraro, it was Lloyd Benson

You're right, it was Benson, I got the two elections mixed up, Mondale Ferraro and Dukakis Benson, well it was 16 years ago :)

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Or you can just be ignorant to the fact that they are a centrist party now, after all, it's sooo convienient to castigate them off as left wing wacos, not the centrist party theye are. It makes your case of defending the right wing party almost sound rational.

Originally posted by visionary

I've watched all week, mostly the MSNBC coverage. Some CNN as well.

It as been pretty messy with all the pro Kerry BS being thrown around, according to what I have heard this week he is somewhere between Gandhi and Jesus Christ.

Positive and Centrist Rhetoric do not the Democratic Party Make, at least not the presidential platform. Their true heart and souls were revealed the other day with Dennis K., Elijah Cummings, and Al Sharpton. Not one of them was disagreed with, all of them were embraced as the true spirit of their party by the other Democratic leaders.

And saying Iraq has weapons of mass distruction does not make it true. It's your ACTIONS which speak volumes, or non actions. I've seen enough of Bush's actions AND non-actions to know he's not the one I want running my country. Anybody want to learn about goats?

Oh, and about Sharpton, did you watch him speak? Didn't think so, becuase if you did, you would have actually had something decient to say instead of throwing your stereotypes around. Not to mention, the fact that Obama and Clinton were outshined by Kerry, something almost impossible to do.

I love how John Kerry tries to trick Bush into taking the high ground, after he has no intention of doing it himself and has slandered the president in essence if not in technical fact, since the primaries started (that sham of a primary, where they all bashed Bush instread of debated).

You mean like sending 75% of your adds being attack adds, instead of talking the issues, well yes, that would be Bush. The only problem is that it's real hard to create a positive add when you've been a failure both at home and abroad.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

Does anybody else feel that they wouldnt want to be caught dead in that crowd of wacko's?

Thats not a slam on Dems, only that the close-ups they are showing of the delegates are not doing their dating lives any favors.

I swear I thought that I saw John Malkovich's character from "In the Line of Fire" as they were panning the crowd.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by chomerics

Oh, and about Sharpton, did you watch him speak? Didn't think so, becuase if you did, you would have actually had something decient to say instead of throwing your stereotypes around. Not to mention, the fact that Obama and Clinton were outshined by Kerry, something almost impossible to do.

If that's what you think, then I suggest that you were in a pre-existing state of masturbatory glee over Kerry before he even took the stage. Obama, Clinton, and Edwards were all clearly better than Kerry during their allotted time. Each and every discussion of his speech that I have seen on the news has said as much.

:jerk:

Originally posted by Matt Kyriacou

If that's what you think, then I suggest that you were in a pre-existing state of masturbatory glee over Kerry before he even took the stage. :jerk:

Well that pretty much sums up Cho's position on Kerry quite nicely. :laugh:

Kerry is all about promises nothing concrete and no platform, he had a chance last night to gain a lot of voters, he blew it bigtime. I was hoping for more and got nothing.

By the way for those who live in va Kerry reminds me of Gilmore, yeah get rid of our taxes, but you have nothing to make up for the lost money :doh:

For anyone that doesn't see his taxing of the rich as a political gimmick you need to get your glasses cleaned. Yes lets tax the rick, but if you lower the middle class tax you are going to lose more money then you will gain. This is Gilmore with the Car Tax in VA all over again and we are still struggling with that.

Did you guys here the producer curse on live TV???

When the ballons were falling he kept saying, we need more, more, more ballons. Then he was getting upset as they showed kerry waving. He then said "What the FUC$ are you doing up there get these ballons down"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The annoucer took over then to try and cover it up, it was on CNN it was so funny. After he said, the producer really wanted those ballons down :laugh: They must have forget he was miked :)

Or you can just be ignorant to the fact that they are a centrist party now, after all, it's sooo convienient to castigate them off as left wing wacos, not the centrist party theye are. It makes your case of defending the right wing party almost sound rational.

Since when has the DNC been a centurist party? If you're talking about Dems at the local level, I'd agree with that. But not at the national level. Kerry and his ilk cowtow to the left extreme of the party and at campaign time, have to appear centurist just to get noticed by the rest of the country.

As Reagan once said about the Dems and their performance at the DNC convention : "And they call me an actor...."

Archived