Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VT Fans - Marcus Vick News

Chief Gillespie

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031776519951&path=%21news%21localupdates&s=1045855935074

Ma. Vick charged with marijuana possession

Richmond Times-Dispatch Jul 6, 2004

Times-Dispatch

NBC12 Poll

Is Marcus Vick blowing a chance at college football stardom with several run-ins with the law?

Yes

No

Undecided

Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a state trooper stopped him along Interstate 64 in New Kent County about 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

Vick, 20, was driving west when a trooper clocked him going 86 mph in a 65 mph zone about two miles east of the Providence Forge exit, said state police Lt. Gary Payne.

As a result of the traffic stop, Payne said, police discovered two bags "containing a quantity of marijuana" inside the vehicle. It was unclear how the marijuana was found, but Payne said he believes the trooper had detected an odor of marijuana.

Vick, who was alone in the vehicle, was released on a summons for both charges.

Motorists can be charged with reckless driving if they are caught speeding 20 mph or more over the posted speed limit.

Less than two months ago, Vick and two teammates were convicted in Montgomery County with contributing to the delinquency of minors at a late-night party.

The May 14 verdicts came after a daylong trial in which a 15-year-old girl testified that Vick, wide receiver Brenden Hill and running back Mike Imoh served her and two other girls liquor and encouraged two of them as they stripped and performed topless lap dances Jan. 27 in Vick's Blacksburg apartment.

Vick was found guilty of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and ordered to pay $2,500 in fines.

Beamer needs to kick him off the team. Except that won't ever happen because this punk is getting special treatment because of his name.

(It's not the marijuana possessions which I find disturbing; it's that this is the second time he had a run in with the law, and it usually only takes one to be shown the door)

Speeding is one thing... a couple of joints another... but doing both when he's ALREADY facing jail time for the "under age drinking thing" and facing some punishment from the University is just moronic.

He's obviously been adversely affected by the spotlight, notoriety, and the visualizations of the Vick name. I mean.. he's driving around campus in a tricked out Escalade... and has another car as well.... and he's proved NOTHING on the football field. His older brother has received everything he's gotten via hard work and a super natural athletic ability. Marcus has captured the spotlight because his last name is Vick and preceeds his older brother and his legend status at VT.

He's been suspended indefinitely.... but I believe the only recourse VT has at this point is to remove him from the university alltogether and move on. Giving him special treatment, treatment I believe he's gotten to this point because of his last name, only further indicates that VT is fast approaching the label of "Miami of the North".

Cool...

When VT is beating Miami, LSU, and a number of other top tier schools... I'd hardly consider them overated. Michael Vick brought them to the forefront of college football but Frank Beamer is considered an above average college coach.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Ya'll must not be paying attention. Marcus Vick had already been suspended INDEFINETLY from the team. No special treatment here, this kid is screwed.

Read this in the paper this morning. About only option he has is

to play I-AA college ball. This kid needs some serious help.

If little Vick was some no name kid on the team he'd be kicked off in a heartbeat, but you won't see that happening. Va Tech couldn't do that to the little brother of the guy that put Va Tech on the map and basically made them nationally known. Beamer and his staff are damn good coaches and Vick helped them finally keep all this sick talent in the state of Virginia. With all that said he might only miss a game or 2 and will tear it up as the "slash" man for tech. All I know is that I hope he plays on the 28th vs USC. Va tech is going to get smashed in that game, can't wait.. Gooooooooooooo CANES

Archived