Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor vol. II

cphil006

Eugene Mato, Eugene Parker, and Jeff Moorad are considered the top candidates for Sean Taylor's new agent. Eugene Parker has an excellent relationship with Dan Snyder, that is they can negotiate very well and get things done. Eugene Mato is based out of Miami and may have the edge. My only concern is that there is exactly 29 days before rookies are to report to camp and Taylor hasn't even begun negotiations nor picked an agent. I just hope this is all wrapped up quickly.

I know, I love it! Now that T.O. Keyshawn, and Shockey will be playing the 'Skins twice a year, they drafted the one person who can shutdown all of them! He is bigger and faster and stronger than T.O. I'll be at the training camp, so I hope ST is there.

Originally posted by cphil006

Eugene Mato, Eugene Parker, and Jeff Moorad are considered the top candidates for Sean Taylor's new agent. Eugene Parker has an excellent relationship with Dan Snyder, that is they can negotiate very well and get things done. Eugene Mato is based out of Miami and may have the edge. My only concern is that there is exactly 29 days before rookies are to report to camp and Taylor hasn't even begun negotiations nor picked an agent. I just hope this is all wrapped up quickly.

I wouldn't say no negotiations have begun yet. As reported in this thread, preliminary discussions have taken place. Nothing imminent is on the horizon as far as completing a deal goes, however.

I don't understand what this guy's waiting for. He's been without an agent for over a month. I'll wait till he's a hold out to pass judgment, but this is not exactly giving me confidence in Sean Taylor as an intelligent, good character guy.

He could make it in time. All the players are on vacations right now until camp. They are still expected to stay in shape. They were all given stress tests on the treadmill before they left to compare when they return for camp and Taylor impressed coaches with his fitness level.

Originally posted by cphil006

I know, I love it! Now that T.O. Keyshawn, and Shockey will be playing the 'Skins twice a year, they drafted the one person who can shutdown all of them! He is bigger and faster and stronger than T.O. I'll be at the training camp, so I hope ST is there.

heh I don't know about ST being faster then TO, TO is mighty fast

Actually, Sean Taylor ran track in high school and at Miami. At the Big East championships he ran the 100m and 200m dashes. He has been clocked at 4.3 in the 40. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day and that was with a strained hamstring not at full-speed. T.O. is not 4.3 speed.

I'm not going to face anything. IF he holds out, I'll hope it is quick. The coaches will put pressure on him and tell him not to waste his rookie year. Ther is still plenty of time. They coud sign in a few days and there are 4 weeks before camp starts.

Originally posted by Awesome

I don't understand what this guy's waiting for. He's been without an agent for over a month. I'll wait till he's a hold out to pass judgment, but this is not exactly giving me confidence in Sean Taylor as an intelligent, good character guy.

Sean has a degree in Criminal Law so I don't think you should be ?ing his intelligent.

Sean was majoring in Criminal Law, he has not attained a degree. He left Miami during his spring semester of his junior year. He was probably influenced by his father, a police chief. Nevertheless, he sounds intelligent. This is a good thing, as he will be able to grasp the defensive playbook well.

Why should we face it? It isn't the end of the world and nothing yet points to him holding out. I won't be surprised, but I am not expecting it? Why would I? We drafted him based on him not being a high risk to hold out.

Originally posted by skull1669

Sean has a degree in Criminal Law so I don't think you should be ?ing his intelligent.

He has no such thing my water-toting friend. Even so, I don't care what he majored in, holding out your rookie year from a Joe Gibbs training camp is not an intelligent thing to do. So is waiting until camp is less than three weeks away to pick an agent.

But, these are all hypotheticals, and like I said, I'll wait until he does hold out before passing judgment.

Archived