Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor vol. II

cphil006

Originally posted by Awesome

He has no such thing my water-toting friend. Even so, I don't care what degree he was pursuing, holding out your rookie year from a Joe Gibbs training camp is not an intelligent thing to do. So is waiting until camp is less than three weeks away to pick an agent.

But, these are all hypotheticals, and like I said, I'll wait until he does hold out before passing judgment. BTW, am I the only one who finds it amusing that a football player from the University of Miami is studying Criminal Law? Nothing against ST, but considering the program's rep, it just seems a little...ironic

Originally posted by Awesome

He studied criminolgy, but I don't believe he attained his degree because he left school early.

yea, it is ironic, but it is probably because his father is the chief of police in Florida City, FL. That is probably what influenced him to study criminology. He went to Gulliver Academy which is a very good acedemic high school.

No worries at all. He is to report July 30th and we leave it at that. Will he be on time? We don;t know. Will he knock T.O. out of the game? Yes. Will he knock Shcokey out of the game? Yes. Will he knock KeyShawn out of the game? Yes.

I agree. Taylor will be in camp at some point. I hope he is there when I go. They have big plans for him I'm sure. One month away now, from when they play their first preseason game...against Denver and Champ Bailey!!

I have read and heard all kinds of good things about Sean Taylor. He is a hard worker, a great teammate and a good person. He was endorsed by Clinton Portis and Vince Wilfork to Joe Gibbs. I think we have a great addition to the Redskin Family...

Now they say Eugene Mato is the front-runner. There are also a few others in the running, but no timetable on when he will sign. I really don't know what he is waiting for. In his defense, camp starts July 30, so it only takes a signature to sign a contract. He has almost 3 weeks.

I heard about this Today on The NFL Huddle w/Sean and John. Salsbury was saying he left because of the possible eviction in Miami but didn't metion a fine. Clayton said the main reason he fired his agent was because he hadn't picked him (his dad picked him) but didn't rule out him resigning with the same agent. They also said it's very rare that a top pick doesnt have a agent by now but they don't think this will be a problem with getting him into camp on time. I hope they are right.

yea, he had to get back to Miami to clear his apartmet out, but apparently went to Washington. That is when the NFL contacted the Redskins and told them he had to get back, so the Redskins contacted him and got him to fly back for the remaining 2 days. This conference is so seriously taken by the NFL, they don;t allow visitor's nor cell phones.

Nervous. I don't know how many of you remember it, but I do,,, when he got picked, he did not make a face that looked as if he was too happy about who his new team was. If first impressions are so important,, that wasn't too promising.

He's still waiting on an agent... and then there's the red flags his exit from the rookie symposium sends up.

I hope i have no reason to be nervous, but I am.

i agree with jbooma... tick tiCK TICK . 19 days to camp opening, 18 if they make rookies report early. I don't see him there in time.

~Bang

He knew he was getting picked by the Redskins that is why his expression was like it was. He is a very low-key, quiet guy, but a vocal and good teammate. It only takes 5 seconds to sign a name and one day to negotiate. He has 3 weeks to spare. We shall see. He and LaVar have each other's cell phone numbers. LaVar and Clinton will take care of him.

He is a huge talent and a playmaker. Just what the secondary needs.

It is still two weeks until camp. It takes a day to negotiate and 3 seconds to sign your name...I just will keep checking everyday washingtonpost to see if he signed with an agent.

Let's talk about how good he is. He is 6'2" and 231 lbs. He can run a 4.3 40-yard dash. He can hit like a linebacker.

I'm sure Gibbs did his research on Taylor. He talked to his coaches maybe even all the way down to his Pee Wee football coach.

He has good character or Gibbs wouldn't have signed him.

Signing an agent is a HUGE decision. We are talking about his career and millions of dollars. I don't see a problem that he is taking his time deciding, especially since none of the other 1st rounders have signed either.

Originally posted by Bang

Nervous. I don't know how many of you remember it, but I do,,, when he got picked, he did not make a face that looked as if he was too happy about who his new team was. If first impressions are so important,, that wasn't too promising.

He's still waiting on an agent... and then there's the red flags his exit from the rookie symposium sends up.

I hope i have no reason to be nervous, but I am.

i agree with jbooma... tick tiCK TICK . 19 days to camp opening, 18 if they make rookies report early. I don't see him there in time.

~Bang

Please refer to this thread, there's a couple of pictures of Taylor's reaction besides the one Espn caught on draft day. They should help ease your mind a little bit I hope. http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59140

There's one on page 1 and one on page 2.

Originally posted by scskin

I love the Taylor pick like most of us, but can someone show me where it says that he ran a 4.3 forty?

Coaches claim he runs a 4.3, but on his pro day with a strained hamstring, he still ran a 4.5...

http://qisports.com/sean_taylorbio.html

http://www.gbnreport.com/posdb.htm

He was on the Track and Field Team at Miami and was a top-10 sprinter in the Big East in the 100m and 200m dashes...the links to those sites(Big East Track and Field Championships) are on this thread in previous pages...

Originally posted by scskin

I love the Taylor pick like most of us, but can someone show me where it says that he ran a 4.3 forty?

Here is another site that states "Sean Taylor had some problems with his hamstring but he still performed very well despite it, running a 4.5 on a bad hamstring is not easy, other Miami Coaches and assistants mention that they have timed him as fast as 4.3 and no slower then a high 4.4. The Pat's Super Bowl Winning Head Coach Bill Belicheck feels he is the best player in the draft. "

http://qisports.com/combine.html

Since Sean Taylor has 4.3 speed, he needs to run and find himself an agent...

Hi, I'm cphil006 and I'll be here all week...

Seriously, I think Taylor will be fine. I'll be at camp, I just hope he is there the weekend I go. It is rare to have a 230+ lb. player running 4.3 40s

Originally posted by cphil006

I know, I love it! Now that T.O. Keyshawn, and Shockey will be playing the 'Skins twice a year, they drafted the one person who can shutdown all of them! He is bigger and faster and stronger than T.O. I'll be at the training camp, so I hope ST is there.

Actually TO and Taylor are about even as far as size goes... And by the way, he's the one person that can shut all of em down, huh? hahaha, a rookie is shutting TO down twice a season. I'll put 2 large on that. hahaha, shut TO down twice a season. So TO is guaranteed maybe 2 or 3 catches a season, because a safety who probably isn't even going to be D-ing him up for 75% of the game is goin to shut him down.

Originally posted by jakehunter

Actually TO and Taylor are about even as far as size goes... And by the way, he's the one person that can shut all of em down, huh? hahaha, a rookie is shutting TO down twice a season. I'll put 2 large on that. hahaha, shut TO down twice a season. So TO is guaranteed maybe 2 or 3 catches a season, because a safety who probably isn't even going to be D-ing him up for 75% of the game is goin to shut him down.

huhhuh? I guess you didn't watch college ball last year...Who is the team that stopped Larry Fitzgerald's TD streak? It was Miami. Who was matched up agasint him most of the game when all he had was 3 catches for 24 yards...It was SAFETY Sean Taylor!!

Archived