Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The old Warner back? (What if?)

Renegade7

Should the US send troops to Darfur (Sudan)?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should the US send troops to Darfur (Sudan)?

• Yes
    • No way

Compeling question here: What if Kurt Warner played the way he did when he first blew up in St. Louis? The MVP Warner. Think about Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey, Barber, and Warner going off on people. That's some scary stuff, but is it enough to throw off the NFC Beast? What if?

(Bet Tom is drooling at the mouth over this one.) :)

Originally posted by NoCalMike

What if The Giants crappy O-line performed like the Rams O-line of '99-01.....and Tiki Barber was a force like Marshall Faulk oh wait :laugh:

Besides the fumbling, Tiki is a pretty dran good back. You have to give him that much atleast. And last year the Giants o-line was riddled with injuries, where at times they had THREE rookies starting. They made improvments, and we've all seen we're a good offense can take you. Better, a great one. :)

Still worry more about Warner this year than I do about Manning. Everyone can call him a bum (I think so too) but the man has shown he can play. The giants still have a couple good receivers and Shockey so I'm worried. Not losing sleep at night but concerned.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Compeling question here: What if Kurt Warner played the way he did when he first blew up in St. Louis? The MVP Warner. Think about Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey, Barber, and Warner going off on people. That's some scary stuff, but is it enough to throw off the NFC Beast? What if?

(Bet Tom is drooling at the mouth over this one.) :)

LaVar ate him up in 2002...made the boy fumble in the redzone at the end of the game. We also beat LA in Deion's year but Trent Green was QB. We aint scared of that offense!

Originally posted by afparent

LaVar ate him up in 2002...made the boy fumble in the redzone at the end of the game. We also beat LA in Deion's year but Trent Green was QB. We aint scared of that offense!

I'm talking about when Warner first took the Rams to the Super Bowl. When he was like that. That good. Not asking anyone to be afraid, just starting a lil controversy as usual. ;)

Well it's up to Gregg Williams to create a pass rush. The way you beat Warner is to get to him. Ironically the Giants proved that last year.

If the Giants Oline improves leaps and bounds over our improvement of pass rush, it could be a problem.

But hey, the Giants historically have always been there to bail us out when we needed a win.

I think that season was lighting in a bottle. Dick Vermeil was head coach so no one had to worry about ridiculous play calls like the Marc Bulger naked bootleg the Rams seem to run on every 3rd and short. Faulk was the most dominant RB in the game, Warner was zipping his passes to three explosive WR. And people forget how dominating their defense was. That was one of the best teams I've seen in awhile

When I first saw this thread, I thought to myself "what's wrong with Kurt Warner's back?" :laugh:

I believe, after the last few years of playing, his best days are well behind him and his play will be too inconsistent to get anywhere near his old form. His lows will be very, very low and his highs won't be anywhere near his best of highs.

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

When I first saw this thread, I thought to myself "what's wrong with Kurt Warner's back?" :laugh:

I believe, after the last few years of playing, his best days are well behind him and his play will be too inconsistent to get anywhere near his old form. His lows will be very, very low and his highs won't be anywhere near his best of highs.

Nick

Oh, for crying out loud. Where's ya'lls imagination! Jee wiz! :laugh:

The question sort of answers itself. If he plays like he did in the past the Giants will do really well. To play like he did in the past means the wide receivers, running back, offensive line will have to play like the Rams did back then as well. The talent level is not there. The receivers cannot break away like the Rams receivers could. Tiki is definately no Marshall Faulk. The only serious weapon the Giants have is Shockey and he's not good enough to turn the Giants into the Rams old high octane offense.

Even if he plays much better than recently the receivers have to be open and do something after the catch. I think the Giants are going to be bottom dwellers next year.

Originally posted by Renegade7

That is some funny stuff....:laugh: :laugh:

Warner hasn't had a good game in a LONG time. Do you think St. Louis would give up on him if there wasn't something seriously wrong? Did Baltimore give up on Ray Lewis? Naw, guy's head isn't in the game anymore and once those blitzes start coming from every single team out there, Warner will be on IR and Eli will get treated like Patrick Ramsey under Spurrier.

Archived