Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Thief Poll #1

VAsBeachBoy

I am going to start a new 10 part series of threads with a series of polls. It will ask who you think had the best steals in prior drafts. While of coarse many of these might be unanimous hopefully this will distract us away from the offseason lull we are currently in just long enough to start the season. First year up is 1994, and I will go all the way to this year.

Allen probably was one of the best choices in that draft. I left a few out on purpose who were in the second round. Players like Kevin Mawae, Brentson Buckner, and Charlie Garner to see if anyone would shout them out. Another thing, How was or when was Jason Gildon drafted in 1994. I now know he was but how. Was he a rookie free agent, if so he was the obvious major steal. Anyone know?????

Since I am going to be doing this many more times, I wanted to make sure you guys address the draft spot of the player when you choose your draft steal. Take a long hard look at the round they were drafted in and if that made them more of a "STEAL" than a second rounder. Also I am not including first rounders on purpose to implify the purpose of a "steal". Just wanted to point these things out.

Originally posted by VAsBeachBoy

Allen probably was one of the best choices in that draft. I left a few out on purpose who were in the second round. Players like Kevin Mawae, Brentson Buckner, and Charlie Garner to see if anyone would shout them out. Another thing, How was or when was Jason Gildon drafted in 1994. I now know he was but how. Was he a rookie free agent, if so he was the obvious major steal. Anyone know?????

Gildon was drafted in the 3rd round

Originally posted by yank

John Randall - not drafted

I assume you mean John Randle. He was a rookie in 1990 wer're talking 1994. And I don't think undrafted people count. The poll is about draft day steals not undrafted greats. I'd have to put Priest Holmes near the top of the undrafted list.

Archived