Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doesn't Coles reminds you of..............

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

Coles is closer to Gary Clark than HArrison IMO. Coles just has a scrappy nature about him. He has the mentality of a "Runt of The Litter." Dog breeders know exactly what I'm talking about. The runts are small at birth and take some time to develop, but they usually turn out to be the gems of a litter. The usually get heavier, and strogger than the other pups.

Cat breeders know what you are talking about too :cool:

Originally posted by chosen

Whatever man. Coles was charged with a FELONY.

$412.38 worth of men's designer clothing on Sept. 29 for just $21.40.

do you get a 95% discount when you get hooked up by your buddies at the store. Gimme a break.

If he payed his debt to society and learned from his mistakes, then we as fans can look past it and appreciate the football player he is.

But don't act like the crime he committed was no big deal.

It WAS no big deal. He didn't steal a car, deal drugs to an undercover police officer, or solicit sex from an undercover police officer. He wasn't present when a friend of his killed someone at a club, he didn't tie a girl down in his hotel room & attempt to rape her while snorting coke off of her breasts. He went to a store to buy clothes & offered to pay for them, but the guy behind the counter knew who they were (the other "perp" was Peter Warrick, BTW) wanted to give them a deal. They didn't walk in & ask for a deal, it was given to them. Personally, I don't hold something like that against someone simply because a friend wanted to give them a deal. I have plenty of friends that have given me deals at their stores because we were friends & I also did the same for them. As a store manager, I gave people deals all the time for the better of the staff that worked for me. Long story, but I can't hold something like that against someone.

And if I remember correctly, he was charged (along with fellow FSU teammate Peter Warrick), but never convicted. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think I am. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to enter the draft the following season. It was the reason why Warrick went from being a #1 pick to like a #5. They thought that that would be a problem down the road & it dropped his rating. Both of them actually. And the Jets were still treating him like that was a problem when we got him.

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

Some people act as if getting a discount from a friend that works at a store is doing something awful. You know everyone posting here has probably done the same, they just don't live under the NCAA rules.

I agree. I think a lot of the NCAA rules need to change when situations like this arise. Had this been you or me, the clerk would have been fired & that would have been the end of it. But because you are not allowed to receive gifts like that under NCAA rules, that was where the problem comes in.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

It WAS no big deal. He didn't steal a car, deal drugs to an undercover police officer, or solicit sex from an undercover police officer. He wasn't present when a friend of his killed someone at a club, he didn't tie a girl down in his hotel room & attempt to rape her while snorting coke off of her breasts. He went to a store to buy clothes & offered to pay for them, but the guy behind the counter knew who they were (the other "perp" was Peter Warrick, BTW) wanted to give them a deal. They didn't walk in & ask for a deal, it was given to them. Personally, I don't hold something like that against someone simply because a friend wanted to give them a deal. I have plenty of friends that have given me deals at their stores because we were friends & I also did the same for them. As a store manager, I gave people deals all the time for the better of the staff that worked for me. Long story, but I can't hold something like that against someone.

And if I remember correctly, he was charged (along with fellow FSU teammate Peter Warrick), but never convicted. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think I am. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to enter the draft the following season. It was the reason why Warrick went from being a #1 pick to like a #5. They thought that that would be a problem down the road & it dropped his rating. Both of them actually. And the Jets were still treating him like that was a problem when we got him.

Ah yes.

Since he is now a Deadskin, it is all kosher? If you knew anything about the story, it was not the "guy" behind the counter...it was a female and both Coles and Warrick knew exactly WTF they were doing.

A Cowboy could be caught for jaywalking and you would trump it up like he raped Mother Theresa...but since it is Coles...okay?

Dude...wake up.

Sorry to bust your bubble but harrison would run circles around coles......

I didn't see coles burning barber all day but harrison did......then he picked on wansley for the game winner...

though coles is a top 7 rec. I wouldn't say hes top 3......harrison is #3

owens

moss

harrison

holt

ward

coles

chosen, it took me a minute or two to figure out if that was sarcastic or not. he was a college kid who got a $300 discount on clothes. i mean thats really not a huge deal. sure, he shouldnt have done it, but come on, he was just a stupid college athlete after all. obviously he's not a bad guy. like cowboyzsuckazz said, its not like he did drugs or raped someone.

and boozeman, i dont think forgiving a guy for getting a $300 discount five years ago is exactly a case of homeritis. if you cant handle even that, go back to your own teams website.

Coles rocks. He reminds me of Clark more than anyone - but is more level-headed and won't be the emotional timebomb on the sidelines as Clark was. Is much more talkative than Monk was, but embodies the class that he had. Coles is a solid, professional player with a great attitude, and the skills to be one of the best. Makes me proud to be a Skins fan.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

I didn't see coles burning barber all day but harrison did......then he picked on wansley for the game winner...

owens

moss

harrison

holt

ward

coles

Randy Moss is alot better than TO.

owens

moss

harrison

holt

ward

coles

Well he had better stats than the guy you rate #1 and also doesnt whine about not getting the ball. He also is playing in a better offensive system this year while TO might not even have better numbers than last year.

owens

moss

harrison

holt

ward

coles

You are sick if you think Owens is better than Moss. And im sorry to burst your bubble but Coles is faster than Harrison. No comparision.

Originally posted by Clinton_Portis26

Coles is awesome. Its amazing how late he got drafted. His work ethic definitly pays off.

He was drafted late due to questions about his character. He was the other guy in the Peter Warrick shop lifting incident and, if I remember correctly, got into more trouble then Warrick did.

Originally posted by China

Really?

As a general rule Coles is much more reserved that a lot of his counterparts in the NFL. It's a bit like how Thrash does his little point to the sky thing to thank god every time he makes a good play, but I wouldn't call that showboating. Would you?

Coles does have absolutely spectacular speed when he's healthy. I have no idea how fast he runs the 40 etc., but he has amazing game speed. Actually the guy he reminds me of the most is his partner in crime from school, Peter Warrick. They both have that same kind of speed. Personally I'd rather have Coles on my team though due to his work ethic and generally respectable behavior.

Originally posted by feeshta

As a general rule Coles is much more reserved that a lot of his counterparts in the NFL. It's a bit like how Thrash does his little point to the sky thing to thank god every time he makes a good play, but I wouldn't call that showboating. Would you?

Coles does have absolutely spectacular speed when he's healthy. I have no idea how fast he runs the 40 etc., but he has amazing game speed. Actually the guy he reminds me of the most is his partner in crime from school, Peter Warrick. They both have that same kind of speed. Personally I'd rather have Coles on my team though due to his work ethic and generally respectable behavior.

Generally I don't consider Coles a showboater, but he's not a saint as some would make him out to be. Personnally, I never liked it when Irvin, then Westbrook did that first down signal thing. Just because I like Coles better doesn't mean I'll excuse him for the same behavior I dislike in others.

Originally posted by Symbol

He also has a little Monk in him. He doesn't celebrate when he makes the big play, he just gives the ball to the ref and goes back to the huddle or sideline. When we needed a first and it was thrown to Coles last season, he seemed to be on or past the marker.

This is what scares me about Coles is his silence. It killed Monk, will it kill Coles?

NAH....its not going to kill Coles. He's a polite Gary Clark. Well, you have to overlook that shopping trip he and Peter Warrick took in college.

There's way too many people playing fantasy football for Coles to go unappreciated like Monk did.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I agree. I think a lot of the NCAA rules need to change when situations like this arise. Had this been you or me, the clerk would have been fired & that would have been the end of it. But because you are not allowed to receive gifts like that under NCAA rules, that was where the problem comes in.

....and he got a FELONY for that crap???!!!??

Lets hope the cops don't find out about that time in 1999 at State College when someone working at the pizza shop threw in a free order of bread sticks to Lavar's pizza order.

You guys are totally bias if you think owens is not that best in the league. Just because he WANTS THE BALL or B*TCHS all the time doesn't mean he isn't the most talented. The NFL is not about who the most polite is. ALSO Harrison is a world class sprinter for Syracuse. And not that it is much of an arguement BUT if coles is So much faster than harrison than why is his speed ranked lower on madden. Moss wouldn't be better stat wise if he didn't have bennett and culpepper as a threat to run.......who did owens have as his #2wr......what about @ RB.....pretty much avg. guys........

Your childlike comebacks were in vain because they're not true. If you really paid attention you'd see who's better.

HAIL SKINS

Archived