Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doesn't Coles reminds you of..............

He reminds me a lot of Gary Clark. Deceptive speed, nearly always open. Most of his catches well downfield. And 'dangerous' written all over him.

Like Coles, Clark was feared by opposing defenses, but never got the national name and fame other receivers (many of lesser talent) did. I think Coles is going to be a superstar under Gibbs.

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Coles is my hero.

Imagine having a player who actually WANTS to be here and shows it on the field. Giving up the 13th pick for him was absolute larceny. From all acounts, there is not a player on the team who works harder. You can never under estimate the effect that has on teammates.

Originally posted by Tarhog

He reminds me a lot of Gary Clark. Deceptive speed, nearly always open. Most of his catches well downfield. And 'dangerous' written all over him.

Like Coles, Clark was feared by opposing defenses, but never got the national name and fame other receivers (many of lesser talent) did. I think Coles is going to be a superstar under Gibbs.

He also has a little Monk in him. He doesn't celebrate when he makes the big play, he just gives the ball to the ref and goes back to the huddle or sideline. When we needed a first and it was thrown to Coles last season, he seemed to be on or past the marker.

This is what scares me about Coles is his silence. It killed Monk, will it kill Coles?

More like someone tossed Monk & Clark in a blender & poured out a Coles shake. He's not scared to go across the middle for the tough catch. Nor does he become an attention whore ala a TO or Meshawn. Coles has been blessed with elusive & deadly speed. When he turns on the jets (no pun intended) after a catch, you look to see him in the endzone. Without any excesive celebration.

Originally posted by boozeman3

Getting a five fingered discount at a Dillard's department store with Peter Warrick probably had something to do with it.

Which is why he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Especially against teams that passed him over in the draft.

;)

Coles reminds me of......well, Coles.

I think that he will be a major star in the league after a year or two of working under Gibbs system. He's a great athlete, who has an incredable work ethic, and is someone that ALL NFL players can look up to.

Not really.

Getting a five fingered discount at a Dillard's department store with Peter Warrick probably had something to do with it.

If I remember correctly, Warrick was still taken pretty high in that same draft, and lets see how well he's done in the league.....of course playing in Cincy is worse than going to jail

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Which is why he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Especially against teams that passed him over in the draft.

;)

That should be something to be proud of...

Play with a chip on your shoulder against the teams that passed you up because of your own foolishness.

Whotta guy.

That should be something to be proud of...

Play with a chip on your shoulder against the teams that passed you up because of your own foolishness.

Whotta guy.

It's to show them that they should've picked him. Coles lets his play on the field to the talking for him. Unlike Meshawn.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

If I remember correctly, Warrick was still taken pretty high in that same draft, and lets see how well he's done in the league.....of course playing in Cincy is worse than going to jail

that is just what I was thinking. warrick was taken 4th right after we took arrington and samuels 2nd and 3rd in 2000. As far as the comparison th harrison it seems accurate and to think I have compared marvin to barry sanders for his humility and great work ethic. coles may be a step below harrison but is also quite a bit younger. we should be able to look forward to years of admiring coles, he is one of the few remaining true football players.

The difference between Warrick and Coles is Warrick stayed on the team and Coles was dismissed. Still, Warrick was always considered the better prospect because of his work after the catch. It's funny though, running after the catch is one of Coles' specialties. And I don't buy all that BS about how much Warrick's bad vision has hurt him at the NFL level.

Originally posted by Kevin101

I'm glad we gave him up for the 13th pick in last years draft. It was well worth for. Imagine if we didn't have Coles.

With that 13th pick we would have put the load on 13th overall Taylor Jacobs most likely:doh: (nothing against TJ I think he may blossom into somthing but he is no Coles)

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

Some people act as if getting a discount from a friend that works at a store is doing something awful. You know everyone posting here has probably done the same, they just don't live under the NCAA rules.

Whatever man. Coles was charged with a FELONY.

$412.38 worth of men's designer clothing on Sept. 29 for just $21.40.

do you get a 95% discount when you get hooked up by your buddies at the store. Gimme a break.

If he payed his debt to society and learned from his mistakes, then we as fans can look past it and appreciate the football player he is.

But don't act like the crime he committed was no big deal.

Coles is closer to Gary Clark than HArrison IMO. Coles just has a scrappy nature about him. He has the mentality of a "Runt of The Litter." Dog breeders know exactly what I'm talking about. The runts are small at birth and take some time to develop, but they usually turn out to be the gems of a litter. The usually get heavier, and strogger than the other pups.

Archived