Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good is Mike Stock?

Jay87

Stock was hired as the Rams special team coordinator in the off-season after the Ram surrendered 8 touchdowns on returns in the past 2 years. One question can he turn around this poorly organized unit?

He caught a lot of flack in his final years here, and rightfully so, because our special teams were a disaster last season.

But I saw definite improvement in Marty's year and in Spurrier's first. Anybody was better than LeCharles McDaniel.

He's not going to make your STs unit tops in the league, but you should see a marked improvement.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

He caught a lot of flack in his final years here, and rightfully so, because our special teams were a disaster last season.

But I saw definite improvement in Marty's year and in Spurrier's first. Anybody was better than LeCharles McDaniel.

He's not going to make your STs unit tops in the league, but you should see a marked improvement.

be hard not to improve

His teams were mediocre.

At the beginning of the year with him, special teams were hideous. they eventually got better during the course of the year.

Was it him? Was it not paying attention to getting back-ups that could contribute on special teams?

Don't count on marked improvement.... he's shown nothing special.

Originally posted by Hobo

ehh, he's a ST coach, nothing great, but at least someone with experience. Not really worth talking about though, its like talking about Terry Robieski being an o-coordinator.

Robiski is an OC this year in Brownville

I remember in a WP forum when Stock was hired, a KC fan (Marty hired him away from KC to the Skins in 2000) wrote in and said, "Ha ha ha! Don't expect Stock to do anything with your Special Teams but run them into the ground..." Had forgotten about that til just now....boy was that guy right on.

FUF

Archived