Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reagan coverage- Respect or Ratings

Renegade7

Is it about respecting Reagan, or is it about ratings. Rather and Borkaw have both gone ratings saying the coverage of Reagan's death and his funeral have been over done and that it has gotten to the point that believe full heartedly that it is purely about the rating. Stop, they. That's enough. That's the media. But that's their opinion. I like to believe that about the respecting this man, but I'm fully aware that this is the media we are dealing with. So you have their opinion, mine, and now I want to hear yours. ;)

*try to refrain from trying to ring each others necks on this thread. I'm looking for individual opinion from ya'll, not another war between the right and the left. It's probably going to happen anyway, but c'mon. Just this once try to stay on topic instead of on each other.

:cheers:

-Oh, and you can't select "both". :laugh: Can't make it that easy.

Don't know, don't want to know.

I do think the coverage is a bit over the top though, so it's a good question.

I think because it's an election year and because emotions are already high, neither side wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

ok, this is America and everyone is entitled to their opinion concerning Mr Reagan. However, you cannot deny the fact that he was popular. First Presidential election-landslide. Second Presidential election=49 out of 50 states, landslide. His VP, George Bush won by a landslide. Mr Reagan left office with a 62 percent approval rating. If he is so popular, then of course there is going to be a lot of coverage, plus the fact that this doesn't happen very often so let us see what a state funeral is. Let us show the world how we honor our great leaders. Even if you don't like Reagan you have to be impressed with our military during these ceremonies.

Ted Leonsis was talking this morning saying yesterday there were 300 people glued to the tv at the office yesterday watching them move the coffin, this is all about respect. Sure they will get ratings but that isn't on their mind right now.

Archived