Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QBs in NFC East the best in the league?

panthro

Skins - PR and Brunell

Eagles - McNabb

Giants - Warner and Manning

Cowboys - well... QC and Testeverde are uh... Testaverde has a reputation at least...

Wow! At least 3 out of the 4 teams in our conference seem to have the best QBs in the entire league.

That being said, just how tough will our games be this season? How will our defense step up to stop them and what special plans do our coaches have this season to turn these probowlers into mediocre players? Can this be done?

On my way back home from Boston today, so I look forward to reading the responses tonight PDT.

Warner is overrated. I can't believe the so-called NFL experts say the Giants made a good deal. He has never proven to be able to play outdoors or in cold weather. He was successful in the dome, with a pass happy offense. He will never be the same!

The AFC East - Brady, Pennington, Bledsoe, and Fiedler - is arguably as talented. I'd probably take Bledsoe over Warner at this stage in their respective careers; Brady has two Super Bowls to McNabb's zero; Pennington is a young talent like Ramsey, but has proven himself over a full season; and Fiedler has proven to be better than Quincy Carter.

Originally posted by panthro

Skins - PR and Brunell

Eagles - McNabb

Giants - Warner and Manning

Cowboys - well... QC and Testeverde are uh... Testaverde has a reputation at least...

Wow! At least 3 out of the 4 teams in our conference seem to have the best QBs in the entire league.

That being said, just how tough will our games be this season? How will our defense step up to stop them and what special plans do our coaches have this season to turn these probowlers into mediocre players? Can this be done?

On my way back home from Boston today, so I look forward to reading the responses tonight PDT.

Not one of these qbs are elite...try afc south

Manning

Mcnair

Carr

Leftwich

all of them could be or are top 5 qbs

Originally posted by afparent

Warner is overrated. I can't believe the so-called NFL experts say the Giants made a good deal. He has never proven to be able to play outdoors or in cold weather. He was successful in the dome, with a pass happy offense. He will never be the same!

He'll ease the learning curb for Manning.

I dont think QB is a strength position in the NFC East. I can think of a few conferences better. Including the NFC North. Favre and Culpepper are better than anyone in the East, and Harrington is easily better than the Pokes and Gmen right now.

Testaverde isn't as bad as you all think... Surprisingly enough he is in the Top 10 of all time in several stats. Yea, he's spent some time on the pond but he really is/was a solid QB and his experience would be beneficial to any young QB who has the chance to learn from him.

Passing Yards - #7

passing Comp - #7

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/alltime/leaders?cat=passyards

McNabb definitely isnt an elite QB in my mind. Ramsey certainly has potential and Brunell is borderline. The girls don't have anyone even worth mentioning except Vinny. Warner had a couple elite years but tarnished his rep worse than Rypien ever could. The top 5 in the league are:

Manning, Favre, Bledsoe, Brady, and Vick.

McNabb - Yea, he's better than Favre right now. Favre in his hey day was probably one of the best QBs ever to play the game, but he's on the down slide now.

Ramsey - definite Pro Bowl potential - more guts than any QB in the league

Brunell - one of the top 10 QBs in the league right now

Testaverde - one of the best with the right coaching and the good protection

Warner - don't count him out yet. He's a MVP who could shine again in the right circumstances

Manning - May take a year or 2, but will be at the same level as his bro

AFC South - Yea, there ok, but I wouldn't say they're better than the NFC East.

I say the NFC East Defenses have their work cut out for them this year...

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Did you forget about a QB named Favre?

Sure Favre has/had guts. I think in one year, PR has shown just as much guts (if not more) than Brett has shown in his entire career.

Now, don't twist my statement into "PR is as good a QB as Brett". That's not what I'm saying (at least not until the end of this year maybe...). We're talking about toughness.

Elway was tough. Flutie is tough. There are many others.

Warner is 0-8 in his last 8 starts in the NFL. At 32 he has failed to play 16 games 3 of the past 4 seasons.

Brunell didn't play the final 3/4 of the season in 2003 as JAX went with Byron Leftwich.

Carter threw 4 more interceptions than touchdowns in 2003 and consistency in the passing game was clearly one of Dallas' problems.

Only McNabb is a proven commodity at this point.

Brunell I think may be the one other qb that can step up and with his supporting cast re-emerge as a top caliber player in 2004.

But we will have to see.

Originally posted by TheDane

The AFC East - Brady, Pennington, Bledsoe, and Fiedler - is arguably as talented. I'd probably take Bledsoe over Warner at this stage in their respective careers; Brady has two Super Bowls to McNabb's zero; Pennington is a young talent like Ramsey, but has proven himself over a full season; and Fiedler has proven to be better than Quincy Carter.

----------------------------------------------

I totally agree with Dane!!!!!!! Manning & Warner bring down NFC East a couple notches by them selves.

But you do have to laugh at Fiedler ad Feely!!!:wtf:

:phinsuck: :phinsuck:

Archived