Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, since no one else will do it, I will.......

It is after 4pm, why hasn't there been any news on releases or signings yet?????? What is taking so long????

Sorry, there were about five of these posts on bigblueinteractive at about 4:02pm. :doh:

Actually, I'm very excited. It seems the Giants may be signing two - four guys who are going to be cut. Guys that will help immediately.

Plus, the draft is shot next year so free agency now and next year is going to have to be my draft.

Actually, the Cardinals wasted little time:

Cardinals | Lucas Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:35:34 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released S Justin Lucas.

Cardinals | Parsons Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:34:45 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released QB Preston Parsons.

Cardinals | Bush Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:33:45 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released TE Steve Bush.

Cardinals | Tanner Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:33:06 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released DT Barron Tanner.

Cardinals | Bell Cut - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:32:04 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released DT Marcus Bell.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

It is after 4pm, why hasn't there been any news on releases or signings yet?????? What is taking so long????

Sorry, there were about five of these posts on bigblueinteractive at about 4:02pm. :doh:

Actually, I'm very excited. It seems the Giants may be signing two - four guys who are going to be cut. Guys that will help immediately.

Plus, the draft is shot next year so free agency now and next year is going to have to be my draft.

I hope you're not counting Warner as someone that will help. The only thing he'll help is securing the cellar in the East.

There really isn't anyone getting cut to be excited about. Unless SHEli's name is really Dan Marino its going to be a looooong season no matter how many cast-aways they sign.

Originally posted by VaSkinsNut

Redskins | ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz- from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:09:45 -0700

Lenny the Hutt, of the ESPN.COM, reports the Washington Redskins have not done a damm thing yet. And that marinara stains are hard to get out of shirts.

fn hillarious great post :wewantd: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :cheers:

Originally posted by jimster

That's what I was wondering - he's pretty good isn't he?

I wouldn't complain about a vet min, incentive based - like make the team - camp fodder deal.

Just keep throwing bodies up against the wall and see what sticks!

Actually Sebowski, I think Warner will help. He will let the Giants be competitive while Manning learns the NFL. If he doesn't perform well, he plays the first half of the season while Manning learns from the bench. Than he takes over the second half of the season and Giant fans enjoy the rest of the season just watching Manning. If he gains even part of his MVP form, the Giants are at least a .500 club.

But, the more interesting thing I've heard is the Giants possibly going after Trotter. Sign Trotter to a one year deal if he is willing and let Torbor learn from the bench and than possibly take over at MLB. Again, letting the Giants be competitive while the young guys learn.

Also, a RT is also a possibility. There are several possibilities of players that may become available to add depth and possibly start at RT.

All three of these things are what I was talking about. The Giants have three needs. Depth at Tackle, a MLB, and a veteran QB. All three have the potential to be addressed with what is going to be available with this round of free agency. The QB is already available. And now according to a post on this message board, the MLB is now available too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope at least two of my three wishes come true.

Actually Sebowski, blahblahblah.....

You're right:doh: Kind of. I don't think Warner will do well at all. In fact, I think he will be horrible in limited action. BUT, him on the team, whether he plays well or not, is good for ShEli. It means they don't have to throw him to the wolves right away.

When I posted I hadn't heard the Giants were interested in Trotter. He would be a great addition as well. If they get him it will be a good FA crop, if not, I don't think its anything to get excited about.

Actually Sebowski, I think Warner will help. He will let the Giants be competitive while Manning learns the NFL. If he doesn't perform well, he plays the first half of the season while Manning learns from the bench. Than he takes over the second half of the season and Giant fans enjoy the rest of the season just watching Manning. If he gains even part of his MVP form, the Giants are at least a .500 club.

But, the more interesting thing I've heard is the Giants possibly going after Trotter. Sign Trotter to a one year deal if he is willing and let Torbor learn from the bench and than possibly take over at MLB. Again, letting the Giants be competitive while the young guys learn.

Also, a RT is also a possibility. There are several possibilities of players that may become available to add depth and possibly start at RT.

All three of these things are what I was talking about. The Giants have three needs. Depth at Tackle, a MLB, and a veteran QB. All three have the potential to be addressed with what is going to be available with this round of free agency. The QB is already available. And now according to a post on this message board, the MLB is now available too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope at least two of my three wishes come true.

I agree that the Giants need a veteran at the QB position, but do you really think Warner can shake this confidence thing (and also is the guy still nursing a mysterious hand injury)?

Even if that's not a problem, will Coughlin stand for Warner's wifes whining?

This could be a setup for round 2 in the Giants offseason saga. Stay tuned. Its like bad reality TV.

Archived