Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Redskins may cut Canidate

Lavarleap56

who really cares if we let trung go now. did anyone ever think that gibbs knows how to evaluate talent and just doesn't see it in trung. why would we keep him around. if he's not gonna make the time, fine, begone with him.

They haven't cut him yet, prehaps they won't. If anything, I think the reason they maybe looking to cut him is because of his injury. Gibbs maybe thinking that there is already enough people still in the Doc's office. He may just want to cut his some of the injury list.

I don't think that they should cut Trung just yet. I do think that he has great homerun speed and ability. I thought they would give him a chance to at least compete. But in Gibbs we trust.

I'm sad to see them letting go of Fiore. I was hopeing that he could come back and give us at least one full season. Dockery is my only concern about our O-line this year. Who is our back up guard anyway?

Its no surprise that the Redskins may release Candidate. We ourselves have talked about that possibility since the Redskins aquired Portis.

The guy was injured too much, was slow to recover from said injuries, and just didn't live up to expectations.

Also, Candidate may not be a Gibbs type player.... a workaholic who pushes himself and his team-mates to be the best they can be as a team.

Then again, its possible this move is being parcipitated by Trung himself.

Maybe he feels he can be a full-time starter somewhere and can't be, of course, with Portis here. So he wants out.

In any case, I think it is cool of Gibbs and the Redskins to release him now so he'll have more time to latch on to another team.

As to why they didn't release him earlier, isn't there some CBA stipulation that players can't be cut or released while they are hurt or on some injury list?

It is also frustrating that this is yet another instance of us giving up a draft pick and getting nothing in return. The fault does not lie with this administration, who must be allowed to "shop for the groceries," but it is still frustrating. It is a trend that must stop.

Originally posted by GB81

It is also frustrating that this is yet another instance of us giving up a draft pick and getting nothing in return. The fault does not lie with this administration, who must be allowed to "shop for the groceries," but it is still frustrating. It is a trend that must stop.

In all fairness, it will now. We didn't have a team to look into the future to build and now we have that shell. We can now happily build for the future for the draft and otherwise because we now have a good core group and great coaching.

To hear some of the doomsayers, though, you'd think we obtained no one at all of any worth by trading pics. Trung is probably a loss, but you never know. We could have just as easily drafted someone in the fourth round who wouldn't even make the team.

Nick

While we did make some gains by trading picks, we also have given up draft picks and received mediocrity or nothing in return. And, as I'm sure everyone here has heard too many times, draftees, especially in the mid rounds, are significantly cheaper.

I hope you are right about this trend ending. I guess we'll see. We have already gotten rid of two picks in next year's draft...

Originally posted by Oldskool

I dont like the posibility of Canidate being cut. Depth at RB isnt a bad thing. Trung has a chance to be the #2 guy here behind Portis.

For those people who'd like to cut Trung and replace him with Morton, Morton doesnt have the size or the strength to play RB at this level. Canidate does.

Canidate is 2 pounds heavier, and 3 inches taller than Morton. Morton is much more solid looking, and I bet would whoop Trung in the weight room. I got a good look at both of those guys last year at the Falcons game. Morton is a little fireplug, but Trung just looks very skinny to be a RB.

Canidate is a bust and was history the day we picked up Portis. We don't need 5 tailbacks. Gibbs will surely want to keep Betts since he is the only big back on the roster. Rock proved to be much more durable than Trung last year, and is probably just a better back in general, and Morton will make a great change up guy in Gibbs system. Gibbs loves subing in little quick guys. Don't forget Joe Washington was 20+ pounds lighter than Morton is.

I personally like all 3 of these cuts. Gibbs is systematically removing the overpaid acquistions made by Snyder and SOS. Fiore and Trung can't stay healthy and Trotter just isn't as good as his contract. These types of cuts are what's going to allow us to be a better, more well rounded team.

I also think that even though we keep saying we're done picking up players, we'll be signing 1 of the DE's cut later today. That might explain the timing with Trung. Hopefully Brackens will be the guy if the Jags don't resign him. Joe Johnson at one time was a very good player, but I'm not sure why he fell off the face of the planet last year. Injuries?

Correction:

Actually, while the Rams did draft Chillar in the fourth, that wasn't our pick. Rams had our 4th rounder in the 2003 draft. NE had our 4th rounder in this draft and it ended up in the 49ers hands. They selected Hawaii DT Isaac Sopoaga....he might have been useful this year.

Thanks for the clarification GB, and I agree. A relatively cheap DT prospect might have been a nice thing to have this year.

But but but ... didn't the Rams get our 2003 fourth rounder for Trung? Who did they pick with that? That's what I'm asking. Maybe I'm just being dense.

I am on vacation in FL., so I will have to tell you guys the whole story later. In short I meet Kenyatta Jones this past weekend and talked with him in length (he is great), he told me Trung will not be around, that he has a foot injury that will force him out of football.

Trung should have never been here in the first place. See ya!

And I hope he DOES end up with the Cowboys. We have nothing to worry about then... but I guarantee that Parcells would pass just like Gibbs has because Trung isnt worth it.

Originally posted by Griff

I am on vacation in FL., so I will have to tell you guys the whole story later. In short I meet Kenyatta Jones this past weekend and talked with him in length (he is great), he told me Trung will not be around, that he has a foot injury that will force him out of football.

Well... now that certainly spices up things a bit, doesn't it?

Nick

Fair way to treat Trung giving him time to find another team.

Da Rock and Betts showed Gibbs alot in camp as both the times and post reported so it was obvious that injuries keeping Trung from showcasing his skills didnt help his chances of remaining hear.

I really wanted to see what a health Trotter would do in this system but the moves make sense

Archived