Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

can someone help?

Leonard Washington

last week when i was leaving the gym there a girl working on a flat tire in the parking space next to my car. it was dark and i didn't notice her until i was putting my bag into my trunk. i told her i had a cell phone, she can use it to call someone to help her out. she said nothing. she had already jacked her car up and was trying to break the bolts with the wheels off the ground. i told her that was the wrong way to get started and she said i know what i'm doing. still standing at my trunk i told her i had a flashlight and asked if she wanted me to shine some light so she can see better, she said i got it. i said good luck and drove off. last night the police come to my house saying she filed a complaint against me for harassing her. i told them my story and basically told me to leave her alone. what did i do wrong?

It's almost better to do nothing isn't it? That's the culture we're breeding.

Harrassment is such a broad definition it's ludricrous.

Question to the community.

Technically, "consent" is required for sexual relations. And silence isn't implicit consent. At least it won't hold up in court.

Therefore, if I approach a random woman and ask for fellatio... is that harrassment? I mean, technically, we require consent correct? So how do you acquire consent without "harassment"? Since any kind of harrassment is subjective to the individual.

Originally posted by Die Hard

It's almost better to do nothing isn't it? That's the culture we're breeding.

Harrassment is such a broad definition it's ludricrous.

I was thinking the same thing. When you see a broken down car on the side of the road or generally somebody in need to help, but it isn't life threatening.

How often do you stop?

You were staring at her breasts weren't you :laugh:

if she said she was ok you should have just left, she most likely thought you were trying to pick her up or something

my question is how did she know where you lived and who you were??

Assuming you were wearing pants ... and that your t-shirt did not have a picture of her on it, over the words "I'd Hit It" ... and that that you're not actually like Nicolas Cage or someone like that and she's after a payday ... I think she may be a nutcase.

that's what #77 is for.

I'll usually report it, and I only stop if it looks like there is some immediate need for assistance or if it's a remote area where help is a long way off.

Even then I offer to just call for help to whomever they need (like you did) or help myself. Interstingly enough, over half the people I've stopped for have just asked for a phone call for a tow truck. That's been true when all they've needed is a jump, some oil, or help changing a tire. I understand how a stranger, even one offering to help, can scare people. It's a sad commentary on our society that it is so.

Assuming this is the whole story, this case sounds more like a commentary on how uncomfortabe she was with the situation than a comentary on anything you said or did.

Originally posted by jbooma

You were staring at her breasts weren't you :laugh:

if she said she was ok you should have just left, she most likely thought you were trying to pick her up or something

my question is how did she know where you lived and who you were??

My guess is she probably recorded his tag number, and called the police. they in return looked up his a address and paid him a little visit.

Originally posted by skins0128

My guess is she probably recorded his tag number, and called the police. they in return looked up his a address and paid him a little visit.

unless it was a staged event and he was staring at her at the gym so many times she got her revenge :silly:

she could have been one those one-nights stands that he didn't remember, you never know

Originally posted by jbooma

unless it was a staged event and he was staring at her at the gym so many times she got her revenge :silly:

she could have been one those one-nights stands that he didn't remember, you never know

The charges against him are definately strange unless something else had happened as well.

This is s pretty sad thing , you offered to help and she called it harrasment.

I have stopped to help people change a tire or give a jump start and never had this happen. I have offered my cell phone before also. I recall once I offered my cell phone to two girls broken down and they said "no we have someone coming"

I got the message that they didn't want to be bothered and maybe were a little scared or leary of me. I understand that and the ladies have to be carefull out there, I quickly split.

It's a double edged sword, if Leonard had just got in his car and left the girl could have thought "what a jackass" by offering his help she claimed harrasment. I would guess that this girl has some issues with men and possibly older men,however Leonard or anyone else for that matter should never get a visit from the police for doing the right thing.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

also i had pretty good distance from her at all times. though she was parked next to me, there was an empty space between her and i was at my trunk during the whole "conversation". the police kinda insuated (sp?) that i flattened her tires to set up the whole scenario.

Really? Guilty until proven innocent I guess. She probably laid the crying act on the cop, at that point in time you would be doomed.

That sux though man, that you try to help someone out. In return you get paid a little visit from the local authorities. :rolleyes:

Archived