Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article on June 1st cuts

Hey guys. I posted a link to this site last week, and many seemed to enjoy it, so I wanted to post the newest article by the same author.

http://www.midatlanticsports.net/gu010.htm

The last article was on Daniel Snyder, and the new one is centered around our current roster and possible June 1st cuts from our team and others than might interest us.

I hope you enjoy it if you check it out.

That was a good read but I'm not sure who the myriad of young LBers who could replace Trotter are and although I as an Eagle fan have no problem with his statement that Barrow is a generation older than Trot I think Barrow might not like it even a little bit.

Can you imagine if the Redskins actually decided to help the D-Line this year and signed a Joe Johnson and a Tim Bowens? I would feel som more comfortable knowing that the D-Line wont be the reason our offense cant get on the field..

Please Danny boy, bring in some talent on the D-Line!

Originally posted by skinsarethebest

Good God! Geoge Edwards is running the cleveland D? Why on earth would anyone ever hire that guy? Just imagine if Taylor had gone there? What a waste that would have been?

Dave Campo is their DC. Edwards is the LB coach.

Hey Trevor, if you plan on being a regular member here there's no sense in deceiving our membership. We actually allow people to advertise themselves here - as long as it isn't flagrant - so if you want to inform the membership of a new release of your article feel free.

You're a good writer... and I'd hate to think any less of you.

Hey Trevor, if you plan on being a regular member here there's no sense in deceiving our membership. We actually allow people to advertise themselves here - as long as it isn't flagrant - so if you want to inform the membership of a new release of your article feel free.

You're a good writer... and I'd hate to think any less of you.

-The Squire

I didn't want to post my name because I don't want to seem self-serving. I really just wanted to give fellow Redskin fans the chance to read something that is pro-Redskin. I never meant to try to deceive anyone. I just wanted people to like it or not based upon the content, not just because I was here to see what was written.

My intention was never to deceive anyone, just to post it without being self-serving.

Originally posted by RedskinLifer

I didn't want to post my name because I don't want to seem self-serving. I really just wanted to give fellow Redskin fans the chance to read something that is pro-Redskin. I never meant to try to deceive anyone. I just wanted people to like it or not based upon the content, not just because I was here to see what was written.

My intention was never to deceive anyone, just to post it without being self-serving.

We're unlike other sites... we don't attempt to suppress Redskins news and information from other sites or sources. We want our membership to become the most informed Redskins fans on the planet. There's no competition with us :)

We're a pretty close-knit family here. And you could develop quite the audience. So if you want to begin a relationship of trust... just be straight with everyone. It'll work out much better in the long run :) I'm sure the guys here would love to give you some props, feedback, advice, etc. Just be straight with them.

Obviously the guys here like your articles. Get to know your audience. Stay awhile. We're all in this together. It's all good.

Originally posted by Die Hard

We're unlike other sites... we don't attempt to suppress Redskins news and information from other sites or sources. We want our membership to become the most informed Redskins fans on the planet. There's no competition with us :)

We're a pretty close-knit family here. And you could develop quite the audience. So if you want to begin a relationship of trust... just be straight with everyone. It'll work out much better in the long run :) I'm sure the guys here would love to give you some props, feedback, advice, etc. Just be straight with them.

Obviously the guys here like your articles. Get to know your audience. Stay awhile. We're all in this together. It's all good.

I understand, and that's good that kind of atmosphere is the way of life here. My main concern is and was that while I wanted people to like it, I wanted them to like it based on the content. The Andy Griffith Show has an episode where Aunt Bea makes pickels, and while they're awful, everyone pretends like they like them to be nice. I didn't want that.

I'm not very message board-savvy, and I obviously don't spend much time here, so the culture that surrounds it is foreign to me. If my original approach was coming at it from the wrong angle, then the fault is mine. I simply wanted to get a pro-Redskins site out there, and hope that people enjoy it.

I simply wanted to get a pro-Redskins site out there, and hope that people enjoy it.

Considering the slant of the national media we've been subjected to..... the people are starved for it. Don't make apologies for it. :)

Besides... if you let us know when you've released a new article... it's less likely someone is going to copy/paste it on here ;)

They are usually posted around this time of week. That can change based on my editor, but that is when they're on there.

I want to avoid that "look what I did" phenomenon like that plague, though.

Send bubba9497 a private message each time you release a new article and let him post a link and teaser. He'll do it for you ;)

RedskinLifer,

Good article with plenty of insight.

Just become a regular here and post your articles as you normally would. Don't worry, if we don't like what you are saying, we'll let you know. If we do like your stuff, we'll let you know that too.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Your last piece was the best thing I've read since the draft.

:point2sky

Originally posted by SonnyRules

RedskinLifer,

Good article with plenty of insight.

Just become a regular here and post your articles as you normally would. Don't worry, if we don't like what you are saying, we'll let you know. If we do like your stuff, we'll let you know that too.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Your last piece was the best thing I've read since the draft.

:point2sky

OK, RedskinLifer,

First things first - Welcome to the best Skin site. I have only been a member for a few months, but I can tell you - this is the place to be. If you want honest discussion/debate, you'll get it here.

Next - I really liked your article (a lot) and look forward to the up-coming ones. :read:

The Rook

Thanks to all who read. I hope that you all read the portion of this thread where I explained why I didn't post my name originally.

I don't spend much time on the Redskins board, but when I do, I'll come here, and for more than just to post my stuff.

I appreciate all that read and passed along kind words. I'm going to keep writing from a fan's perspective, and I hope everyone keeps enjoying it.

good article. you are right about ohalete too. if he isn't cut he'll just be riding the bench so it really shouldn't matter what number he is wearing. if giving portis #26 is gonna make him rush for 1500+ yards then give it to him.

Originally posted by Mittens

Good read, but you gotta change that font, hurts the eyes.

I thought about that, however, my eyesight is awful, so the bigger the font, the easier it is for me to see, so I went with that.

I forget alot of the free world doesn't see as poorly as I do.:laugh: :laugh:

Trevor, you've got a flair for writing and I've enjoyed both of your articles. This time of year is always the slowest, after the draft but before training camp. June 1st is the next interesting date on the calender, so you are right on target thinking about the possibilities. I think that they will bring Candidate to camp and let him, Rock and Betts battle it out for two spots. Sorry Sultan. I'd be surprised if they cut Ohlalete, because he is a cheap experienced backup. As for numbergate, if I give CP my social security number does that mean that he will pay my taxes?

Archived