Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerry war hero? not!

Ravens777

Kerry did fight for his country, no one can take that away from him. What I have a problem with, he came back and tossed his metals on the White House lawn. So many people have fought so hard and never received due recognition for their efforts and chances are they didn't want any acknowledgment for fighting. Plus the fact that he stood there and did this while his fellow man was still fighting for their life and for their country just makes me sick. Also, why is he wont answer question about it, he can pass it off as saying I wont answer because George Bush cant account for his time in the service, that is BS.

I ask you all is this the kind man that should lead our country!?!?!?!?! Never!

Previous message brought to you by the "Bush is God" political campaign.

What really gets me is that the Bush campaign and their followers (which I can only assume you are one by the thread) want to make it sound like it was treason to protest the Vietnam war.

Take a quick vote: How many think the Vietnam war was one we should have been fighting? How many think we should have been fighting it in the way we did?

IF you find yourself saying we should have been there and doing exactly what we did, then maybe you have the right to moan that Kerry threw away his metals that he earned doing what he was ordered (at least you're not a hypocrit). IF not, you're angry that he protested something you yourself thought was wrong.

IF it is a referendum on Vietnam, do you think the pro vietnam croud will win?

This all comes back to one of the things I have most hated about the past four years under Bush. It has gotten to the point where the Right tries to paint anyone who disagrees with them as treasonous. It makes you "sick" that anyone disagrees with you? I'm sure you think it's the left that turns the political discourse to animosity...but grow up and realise you don't hold a monopoly on what is "right."

Dixie Chicks, Howard Dean, now Kerry on Vietnam...People may very well be wrong, but it's not harmful for our country for them to question your beliefs. To my mind, the strength of democracy depends on those willing to question our assumptions. IF anything I think Bush could use some questioning on what is victory in Iraq right now. Maybe this questioning would make him clarify his positions.

sticker_peopletoo2_tiny.gif

puleaze.....you're getting pissed over what he did with his medals after he actually went over there? What about the guys who are currently running for office and used family connections to not get sent over? which is worse?

Come on, 30 years later.......

Freedom of speech is one of the foundations of this great country and I don't have a problem with Kerry throwing his medals or someone elses on the lawn....it was his righ to do....he served his country which is more than cheany or Dubya did.....

This is a stupid way to attack kerry.......

Originally posted by gbear

Previous message brought to you by the "Bush is God" political campaign.

What really gets me is that the Bush campaign and their followers (which I can only assume you are one by the thread) want to make it sound like it was treason to protest the Vietnam war.

Take a quick vote: How many think the Vietnam war was one we should have been fighting? How many think we should have been fighting it in the way we did?

IF you find yourself saying we should have been there and doing exactly what we did, then maybe you have the right to moan that Kerry threw away his metals that he earned doing what he was ordered (at least you're not a hypocrit). IF not, you're angry that he protested something you yourself thought was wrong.

IF it is a referendum on Vietnam, do you think the pro vietnam croud will win?

This all comes back to one of the things I have most hated about the past four years under Bush. It has gotten to the point where the Right tries to paint anyone who disagrees with them as treasonous. It makes you "sick" that anyone disagrees with you? I'm sure you think it's the left that turns the political discourse to animosity...but grow up and realise you don't hold a monopoly on what is "right."

Dixie Chicks, Howard Dean, now Kerry on Vietnam...People may very well be wrong, but it's not harmful for our country for them to question your beliefs. To my mind, the strength of democracy depends on those qilling to question our assumptions. IF anything I think Bush could use some questioning on what is victory in Iraq right now. Maybe this questioning would make him clarify his positions.

Everyone has the right to protest, that’s your right as an American. As far as being against the Vietnam War, I would bet 3/4 of Americans will agree but as an American you should fight for your country when asked. If you want to protest, fine, do so after the war is over not while young men are getting killed so you can sit here type your thoughts & feelings. This country was found on wars that not everyone agreed with but yet they fought and thousands of Americans died.

As far the Dixie Chicks, you have nerve to even bring that up. Americans across the country told them how they felt about that. Soon after they were telling everyone how sorry they are. I would say it was done for nothing more than to promote their name and sell sell sell sell........... Sorry you are not with popular opinion on this one….

Heard the other day and I thought that it was interesting. That neither Kerry, nor Bush, nor Bush's cabinet have any child or grandchild serving today in the military. I heard this on the News Hour with Jim Lehrer.

Originally posted by Bufford 3.0

sticker_peopletoo2_tiny.gif

puleaze.....you're getting pissed over what he did with his medals after he actually went over there? What about the guys who are currently running for office and used family connections to not get sent over? which is worse?

Come on, 30 years later.......

Sorry he is not a man of character and far from a world leader!

Ravens,

Kerry did fight when asked. Others maneuvered to not fight and prevent from being "asked" Hard to hear someone say... I support free speech... now let me tell you when and what you are allowed to say.

Originally posted by Destino

Is Bush a war hero?

To be honest he served his time and his father was a true war hero!!! Unlike Kerry!! By the way this thread was directed at Kerry, if you want to open questions up about Bush, fine. That mean we can open up a can of worms on Clinton's service life, god knows we dont want to go there..........:puke:

Originally posted by Burgold

Ravens,

Kerry did fight when asked. Others maneuvered to not fight and prevent from being "asked" Hard to hear someone say... I support free speech... now let me tell you when and what you are allowed to say.

OMG!!! You must be speaking about Clinton

Clinton and Bush did some similar things... Clinton went to college and Bush got his father to pull strings. Oddly enough, from Bush's records in the National Guard it seems that Clinton and Bush also spent approximately the same ammount of time actually serving in the military.

In any case, I am glad to see that you believe that Clinton and Bush are equals as far as their patriotic fervor and service to the country.

Originally posted by codeorama

gbear... Great Post.

Yeah, the Dixie Chicks paid for their comments alright... They are only multimillionaires, I'm sure that it really must suck for them to not be multi multimillionaires...

Thank you for supporting my post, if what you say is true it proves they said that with a mouth full of greed.........

Originally posted by Destino

Is Bush a war hero?

Nope and neither is Kerry. His refusal to release his "war service" records to public scrunity speaks volumes of his "service" to his country. He's so quick to pound his chest full of metals at every stop along the way but refuses to show us his medical records to verify his specious (IMO) claims. It certainly makes the reasonable wonder.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

Nope and neither is Kerry. His refusal to release his "war service" records to public scrunity speaks volumes of his "service" to his country. He's so quick to pound his chest full of metals at every stop along the way but refuses to show us his medical records to verify his specious (IMO) claims. It certainly makes the reasonable wonder.

Thank you.......... It also makes one wonder what kind of leader he would be..........

Originally posted by Ravens777

To be honest he served his time and his father was a true war hero!!! Unlike Kerry!! By the way this thread was directed at Kerry, if you want to open questions up about Bush, fine. That mean we can open up a can of worms on Clinton's service life, god knows we dont want to go there..........:puke:

The whole thing about Bush's father and Clinton's service record is irrelevant my man. They have nothing to do with the arguement. Kerry did serve his country. Is he a war hero? Well that depends on what you consider a hero. Is a hero somebody that fights even when death is inevitable? I would consider that a hero, if not atleast give him credit for being a brave man. Bush never ever say combat, and is too anxious to send people into war. I don't think his service record shows an appreciation for the sacrifice our arm forces must make. Kerry fought for this country in a bullSh*t war. See I say the agenda behind the war the Vietnam war was garbage, but the commitment of the soldiers must be commended. I'm sorry there is a vast differene between the Coast Gaurd, and the Infantry. Kerry and everybody that served in that war is a hero in my book. I just wish the people in power knew what they were doing.

How many think we should have been fighting it in the way we did?

And how does Kerry want to fight the war we are in now?

What most fail to realize is that we are now undermining the effort here at home in the same way the war in vietnam was undermined. After the vietnam war we learned that the peace protests here gave the north the will to fight on long after they would have quit had we been united. The protests gave them hope that we would pull out, and we did, despite the fact that the Tet offensive was a complete failure for the north.

Those who do not learn from history...

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

The whole thing about Bush's father and Clinton's service record is irrelevant my man. They have nothing to do with the arguement. Kerry did serve his country. Is he a war hero? Well that depends on what you consider a hero. Is a hero somebody that fights even when death is inevitable? I would consider that a hero, if not atleast give him credit for being a brave man. Bush never ever say combat, and is too anxious to send people into war. I don't think his service record shows an appreciation for the sacrifice our arm forces must make. Kerry fought for this country in a bullSh*t war. See I say the agenda behind the war the Vietnam war was garbage, but the commitment of the soldiers must be commended. I'm sorry there is a vast differene between the Coast Gaurd, and the Infantry. Kerry and everybody that served in that war is a hero in my book. I just wish the people in power knew what they were doing.

OMG.... you know I always tell people like you, if you don't like it here, you can always leave. But somehow or another you people always stay around.

1 -- Who cares what Bush's father and Clinton are about? Neither of them are running are they?

2 -- Bush still has been unable to prove that he did in fact 'serve his time' because all the evidence he released....has nothing to do with the time in question.

3 -- Kerry went to war and served his country, not just his time.

OMG.... you know I always tell people like you, if you don't like it here, you can always leave. But somehow or another you people always stay around.

So then when the next Democrat becomes President you'll be leaving? Good.

Archived