Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Cowboys message board takes issue with Redskins possibly being better in '04.....

TC4

I was over on the new replacement message board for theCowboys.net, the new CowboysZone.com board, and a thread got started because of a column by Fox Sports' Chris Myers, where he stated this:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2364228

2. What about the Cowboys?

Unless Bill Parcells can pull a Lance Burton and make other teams disappear ...

The Cowboys so far have slid further back in the NFC East.

Even with Parcells' coaching magic — the QB and the RB position have not been upgraded enough to push Dallas further than last year.

Joe Gibbs will do for the Redskins — this season — what Bill did for the Cowboys last season ... and Joe has Clinton Portis and Mark Brunell.

Well, needless to say, the folks over at CowboysZone.com didn't take this very well:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025&page=1&pp=15

It's life. NFL football is a business and involves some luck. They were 5-11 for two consecutive seasons before hiring Tuna and getting back to winning ways. Snyder only needed one 5-11 season to know that he had to do something right away to get the skins back to winning ways again. As it looks right now the Skins have improved themselves greatly. The true test will be on gamedays.

Originally posted by TC4

I was over on the new replacement message board for theCowboys.net, the new CowboysZone.com board, and a thread got started because of a column by Fox Sports' Chris Myers, where he stated this:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2364228

Well, needless to say, the folks over at CowboysZone.com didn't take this very well:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025&page=1&pp=15

You have to log into their site to read the posts..

No thanks. If I want to listen to idiotic ramblings of dilusional fans, ill got talk to my neighbors that are Raiders fans.

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

It's life. NFL football is a business and involves some luck. They were 5-11 for two consecutive seasons before hiring Tuna and getting back to winning ways. Snyder only needed one 5-11 season to know that he had to do something right away to get the skins back to winning ways again. As it looks right now the Skins have improved themselves greatly. The true test will be on gamedays.

Actually, it was three consecutive 5-11 season in Big D

Originally posted by Oldskool

You have to log into their site to read the posts..

No thanks. If I want to listen to idiotic ramblings of dilusional fans, ill got talk to my neighbors that are Raiders fans.

Well, since I am a member of that board, let me help you out:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocco

FOX Sports' Chris Myers takes a quick spin around the sports world ...

Even with Parcells' coaching magic — the QB and the RB position have not been upgraded enough to push Dallas further than last year.

Joe Gibbs will do for the Redskins — this season — what Bill did for the Cowboys last season ... and Joe has Clinton Portis and Mark Brunell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MichaelWinicki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco

"FOX Sports' Chris Myers takes a quick spin around the sports world ...

article"

Too bad Washington's defense sucks. The TE position isn't so hot. Brunell hasn't done diddly-pooh in years and they still have the "drawf" as owner. Other than than they have a darned good team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DandyDon

Quote:

article"

We shall see........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bach

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWinicki

"Too bad Washington's defense sucks. The TE position isn't so hot. Brunell hasn't done diddly-pooh in years and they still have the "drawf" as owner. Other than than they have a darned good team. "

The difference between Gibbs and Spurrier is astronomical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike 1967

Do people really expect Brunell to make it through a full season.

He is going to get crunched by the blitzing defenses of the NFC East.

speedkilz88

I agree that Gibbs is an excellent coach, but look at that defensive depth chart. He just doesn't have the talent that BP had here last season. The skins offense could be really good but teams will keep them off the field by using ball control, running all over that defense and those corners don't scare anyone either.

MichaelWinicki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bach

"The difference between Gibbs and Spurrier is astronomical"

Yes I can see that... barely

Mike 1967

Easy prediction.

Neither Brunell nor Portis will make it through the entire season without a major injury that will cause each of them to miss multiple starts.

Portis weak Armor was already becoming apparant the last 2 seasons.

RoboQB

I agree that Portis won't last the entire season.

I hope Brunell can make it the whole season because there's a disgruntled backup looking to prove a certain coach wrong in benching him this year.

Ramsey is a very good QB.

yesfan

wait till brunell and portis experience the offensive

line,lol. will see.at the very least because of gibbs and bugel they'll

be better.but how much.

Mike 1967

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboQB

"I agree that Portis won't last the entire season.

I hope Brunell can make it the whole season because there's a disgruntled backup looking to prove a certain coach wrong in benching him this year.

Ramsey is a very good QB."

Not against Dallas.

Joshmvii

I'm inclined to disagree. Ramsey played pretty well against Dallas last year. They almost beat us that game.

Kangaroo

Lets see we added a de that was better than EK bust

We lost a cb that no one wanted

We have replaced Tham with a better RB option despite his myopic notion we did not

We added a vet lineman for depth

The Eagles have lost 2 starting DB and drafted a Tackle in the 1st round when they have 2 already unless they plan to move someone inside

They did add a stud wr snd a DE that may or may not be good any more (injury ?)

The Redskins gave away all there draft picks but 1

Added an older QB when they had a better one on the roster sitting the bench now (imo)

They added a RB but lost there best defensive player

They have not servely updated the dline or some of the oline issues

They are now weaker at LB then last year and over payed for a injury prone cb

(Getting springs is worth a look but not at what price they payed for him)

They gave away a 2nd next year for a 3rd this year

The giants will be starting a rookie QB and gave up several draft picks for him

Ok so we did worse than Redskins and Giants I think not

Did the Eagles do better maybe we have to play that one out to right now on paper yes they had the bigger names in FA

Do these guys just make statements with out any ryme or reason with no thought put into it.

Avery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kangaroo

"Do these guys just make statements with out any ryme or reason with no thought put into it."

Yes. It's called sportswriting.

Hostile

The Duke

Quote:

"Too bad Washington's defense sucks. The TE position isn't so hot. Brunell hasn't done diddly-pooh in years and they still have the "drawf" as owner. Other than than they have a darned good team."

I miss Jim Mora. Mr. Quote Machine.

Tricky-22

Quote:

"Lets see we added a de that was better than EK bust

We lost a cb that no one wanted

We have replaced Tham with a better RB option despite his myopic notion we did not

We added a vet lineman for depth

The Eagles have lost 2 starting DB and drafted a Tackle in the 1st round when they have 2 already unless they plan to move someone inside

They did add a stud wr snd a DE that may or may not be good any more (injury ?)

The Redskins gave away all there draft picks but 1

Added an older QB when they had a better one on the roster sitting the bench now (imo)

They added a RB but lost there best defensive player

They have not servely updated the dline or some of the oline issues

They are now weaker at LB then last year and over payed for a injury prone cb

(Getting springs is worth a look but not at what price they payed for him)

They gave away a 2nd next year for a 3rd this year

The giants will be starting a rookie QB and gave up several draft picks for him

Ok so we did worse than Redskins and Giants I think not

Did the Eagles do better maybe we have to play that one out to right now on paper yes they had the bigger names in FA

Do these guys just make statements with out any ryme or reason with no thought put into it."

Good Post.

Gameover

Quote:

"We have replaced Tham with a better RB option despite his myopic notion we did not

."

when did hambrick say he was better than, jj?oR DID HE SAY THAT.

Dexter Nguyen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyDon

"We shall see........"

My thoughts exactly...

Sarge

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyDon

"We shall see........"

My thoughts exactly.

We've heard this talk before, last year in fact.

Kangaroo

QB and the RB position have not been upgraded enough to push Dallas further than last year.

He is saying the rb was not upgrade at all. Funny he most not have watched t-ham last year with the rb comment.

Funny denver did not get reemed when they need a rb as bad as dallas did and they passed on both Jackson and Jones for a LB

These guys make these statements and have no clue I seen fans on thsi sight that do a better job of analzing other teams than the writers do

We've heard this talk before, last year in fact.

Bach

Quote:

"Yes I can see that... barely".

You only see that Gibbs is "barely" better than Spurrier???

Yeagermeister

Quote:

"The difference between Gibbs and Spurrier is astronomical"

Same with Parcells and Campo

da_boyz_mk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeagermeister

"Same with Parcells and Campo"

it should be illegal to mention them 2 in the same sentence.

jdnalls

Quote:

"FOX Sports' Chris Myers takes a quick spin around the sports world ..."

article"

That's amazing... so the only way that Gibbs can manage to do what Parcells did last year is with Portis and Brunell? Talk about a living legend.

Last time I checked but didn't we get it done last year with only QC and Hambrick?

MichaelWinicki

Quote:

"You only see that Gibbs is "barely" better than Spurrier???"

Until Gibbs' team plays a few games--yes. I want to see what affect being out of the game for light-years has done to Gibbs' coaching ability plus add to the fact that FA is makes building a team far different than in the 1980's.

Sarge

Quote:

"Until Gibbs' team plays a few games--yes. I want to see what affect being out of the game for light-years has done to Gibbs' coaching ability plus add to the fact that FA is makes building a team far different than in the 1980's."

I don't know. Gibbs excels at managing people/teams. Spurrier is not even close.

You make valid points about being away from the game but no one in NASCAR gave Gibbs a chance. He produced 2 champions.

I'll put it this way, I wasn't at all concerned about the Skins with Spurrier, not at all.

Gibbs has me paying attention to them again.

Time will tell if being away from the game has hindered his abilities.

If anything, the cap may be the deciding factor, together with an owner that has a skyscaper for a wallet and a raisin for a brain.

MichaelWinicki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge

"If anything, the cap may be the deciding factor, together with an owner that has a skyscaper for a wallet and a raisin for a brain."

Another BIG factor to consider.

Sarge

Quote:

"Another BIG factor to consider."

When it all boils down to it - it is probably the ONLY factor.

Gibbs will take the $ and run.

I've said that from day one and believe it.

Problem is, he'll get that team better in the meantime.

Cbz40

Quote:

article"

Goose Gosselin(SP?) said basically the same thing the other night on TXcn Ford Sports Talk.

The Eagles addressed their weaknesses as we have not especially at the CB position.

What amazes me is how both Cowboys and other teams fans seem to comment that out offensive line sucks, but they base that upon how they played last year, and do not realize that the O-line was playing under the Spurrier system, which spread them out in pass blocking and thus, made our QBs more vunerable to blitzes.

They just don't understand that in a Gibbs offense, the top priority will be to PROTECT THE QB, and this season when the Cowboys try to run that all out blitz with Roy Williams and it leaves the Redskins WRs one-on-one with their CBs, either Brunell or Ramsey is gonna set them on fire and burn them big

and they still have the "drawf" as owner

Yeah, that will really hurt us every sunday :rolleyes:

OL really wasn't that bad after Dockery started improving. Jansen, Samuels, Dockery, Thomas, Friedman... good backups in Walker, Winey and Raymer all being coached by Bugel & Gibbs

I hope the Cowboys underestimate their abilities this season. Stack that line with 8 and 9 in the box. Coles will score at least 5 long bomb TDs :laugh:

First, Dallas over achieved last year. Even Bill Parcels admitted that much.

They have needs at CB, QB, OL and RB. They only potioned addressed in the draft was RB and he's a fumbling fool.

The Cowturds lost out in free agency. As each player they targeted signed somewhere else, they just kept setting their sights lower and lower.

Then they moved down in the draft, when they at a sure fire RB at #22, and selected a guy from ND that couldn't stay on the squad because of poor grades. When he finally did get back on the roster, he couldn't hold on to the ball. Sounds like the second coming of Hamblick rather than the second coming of Emmitt.

The chant in Dallas these days is. "wait until the June 1st cuts". They are running out of options as well as time.

The Redskins on the other hand under ahieved primarily because of the coaching.

We have upgraded at RB, TE, S, & QB, not to mention we now have a professional staff of coaches rather than that inexpeirence bunch we had here the last two years.

I see the Cowboys challanging the Giants for last place while the Redskins push Philly out of the way to claim first.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I've been a troll on that board as well and have noticed some of the crap they have put out about Brunell being too old and the Skins offensive line being bad (which was actually poorly coached the past two seasons). The Cowboys offensive line (what they have now) is terrible. This is a team that the Skins should roll over twice this season (until next year when they pokes get the Bills pick).

:dallasuck

Keywords will be "dropoff" in performance during games, where players are replaced.

Who's QB trio do you trust more?

Washington; Brunell, Ramsey, Hasselbeck

Dallas: Carter, Testaverde, Henson

Dallas has very good starters on defense, but the truth is,

well, Washington's depth allows very little drop off in performance because of Williams type of defense, using "anyone" and Dallas relies on the talent of the given player, but must make adjustments when the starter is replaced. Roy Williams and Terrance Newman aren't going to be replaced by someone as good.

Smoot and Springs replacements are as good as they are, and even more so, since those backups are now near 100 %.

Iffy is good enough in Williams scheme to still backup - both Safeties and yes, even corner.

Our TE deployment isn't anything to laugh at, if you know football and Joe Gibbs history and Buges knowledge of OLines and passing.

Say what you want about the Skin's QB's , come season's end many will want a group of the same capabilities. See who has the last laugh.

I still don't know why they didn't draft Jackson. He's a battering ram with good quickness. He woulda been perfect for them and fits Parcells' style. are they trying to imitate us and our homerun hitting RB? Seems like it. I understand Jackson has a shoulder problem, but hey, he was healthy enough to be drafted by Mike Martz, who, despite all the criticism, knows something about offense. (not everything like he thinks, but a good lil' something).

Originally posted by srhuber56

do they really think portis will get injured....has he had injuries in the past?....and our line will be very good, esp. with the help of our coach

He missed 3 games last year

Originally posted by ljer

Now that's one intelligent message board..:rolleyes:

Is it for grade schoolers only, or can junior high kids belong too?

Honestly, this board is a joke for having some big homers in our message board...

Originally posted by SonnyRules

First, Dallas over achieved last year. Even Bill Parcels admitted that much.

They have needs at CB, QB, OL and RB. They only potioned addressed in the draft was RB and he's a fumbling fool.

The Cowturds lost out in free agency. As each player they targeted signed somewhere else, they just kept setting their sights lower and lower.

Then they moved down in the draft, when they at a sure fire RB at #22, and selected a guy from ND that couldn't stay on the squad because of poor grades. When he finally did get back on the roster, he couldn't hold on to the ball. Sounds like the second coming of Hamblick rather than the second coming of Emmitt.

The chant in Dallas these days is. "wait until the June 1st cuts". They are running out of options as well as time.

The Redskins on the other hand under ahieved primarily because of the coaching.

We have upgraded at RB, TE, S, & QB, not to mention we now have a professional staff of coaches rather than that inexpeirence bunch we had here the last two years.

I see the Cowboys challanging the Giants for last place while the Redskins push Philly out of the way to claim first.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

????The cowboys can get anybody they want at this point, June 1st is now reserved for the cowboys, and they go in with two needs CB and Punter.

With that extra first, they can either trade the cowboys first or second next year for mike mckenzie or TY law. Or they can keep their picks because BP obvoiusly feels good with Pete Hunter, who has greater potential than Newman.

BP doesn't feel QB is a need. And we did good enough with Quincy last year, when he had nothing else on offense except a fb and TE.

The Cowboys are an improved team, believe it or you'll regret it...

They really like to count on injuries in Dallas dont they.

That really isnt a good sign when your teams success depends on your competition having injuries.

Yeah Dallas fans? Counting on Brunell and Portis getting hurt? Well I hope Keyshawn dies.

****es.

Archived