Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Renaldo Wynn is like a Bengal's head coach

3DaysLatr

I've been thinking about this and the way I see it is like this. Renaldo Wynn is terrible, he is not worth anything near what we are paying him yet still he comes out smelling like a rose. He doesn't shore up the line against the run, he doesn't create a rush from the edge nor does he slide inside in nickle or dime sets to become an interior pass rushing tackle. He doesn't do anything but occupy cap space. I liken this to the Bengal's Head Coaches for years. Remember when Shula and Coslett just kept getting to lead their teams to 6-10 or worse records. It went on forever.

Why is Wynn still on this roster, other teams see that a guy was a bust as a signing and release him. What does Wynn have on the management, is this like some kind of weird conspiracy thing? We gave him like a 3.5 million doillar signing bonus two years ago, so since his cap number for the season is more than 3.5 million we save against the cap with his release. Why is he still taking up space on our roster? Trotter's getting the axe and he's been no worse than Wynn. Armstead got released and he's been arguably our best defensive performer over the past two seasons. I'm perplexed by the Wynn situation. Please enlighten me, but please, please refrain from the "we don't get better by releasing him" company line. He doesn't offer anything that an OFA wouldn't so I don't see atriting him as a problem as far as what he contributes to the team.

Wynn does pretty well against the run, and he'll get in there occasionally with a pass rush, he has the versatility to play DT or DE too. Plus he's a big time locker room leader.

I dont know if he derserves quite what we're paying him, but he doesnt deserved to be knocked around like this.

Wynn hasn't been spectacular at all, but he's been better than you say. He has been solid against the run and did play some DT in passing situations. I would like to see us upgrade at LDE next year and keep Wynn for depth. Armstead did play well last year, but we let him go so we could move Lavar over to where he sould have been all along, on the weak side.

Wynn is the only lineman we've had the last two years who can be said to do his job. He is still strong at the point of attack against the run, though seems to have lost the ability to separate and make plays individually. He has declined from when we got him and needs to rebound with a very strong year to be maintained beyond this season. He'll remain here this year because he provides good depth and versatility by playing both end and tackle in situations that allow it.

When I look at a guy like Wynn, he reminds me of one of those guys that does alot of things pretty good, but nothing great. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having a guy like this on your d-line. I agree, the salary might be a little too hefty right now, but he crashes in effectively against the run as good as any end we currently have on our roster. If you aren't going to be a consistent pass rusher from the end position, you have to at least hold your ground against the run and be disciplined in your position. I certainly think Renaldo does this.

Alright, so we should pay a guy that doesn't pass rush in any situation more than 3 million a year?????? I can't see that. If he's quality depth than he shouldn't be making what he's making. If Armstead and Trotter are no longer on the team then there is absolutley no way that Wynn should be.

Also, Wynn is just as guilty as every other player on the edge for his constant refusal or inabilty to hold contain on bootlegs and playaction. As a matter of fact since the consensus seems to be that it's OK that he provides no rush against the pass it is even more unacceptable for him to attempt to collapse against the bootleg and misdirection since it's aparently conceded that he can't press the pocket anyway. He makes an awful lot of green to be a good depth or alright against the run.

What do you care what he makes? He provides the team what he provides. They are comfortable with him and with what he makes. We don't need cash right now and when we do, he'll either be gone and replaced, or provide appropriate relief.

Wynn is an average and solid player, but I agree, he has not done anything spectacular. Im fine with keeping him just because he can play well and is a good starter if we had the rest of the d-line being good. If Noble and Griffin perform well, Wynn may show his skills better. I just think that he should accept a pay cut cause he probably wont start on any other team.

Wynn is overpaid for the numbers that he's put up thus far. That being said, he's consistent and versatile enough to play tackle on passing downs and you can't put enough emphasis on leadership. I believe this is the year that Reynaldo either puts up good numbers or he's gone.

I think you need guys like Wynn on your football team. Maybe not at what were paying him, but he's versatile, plays his assignments, and is a good locker room guy.

I think Trotter is getting cut because he doesn't play his assignments. He also might not be what the coaches call ''football smart.'' I'm sure the coaches have other reasons also.

Originally posted by Awesome

Fell out of the sky? More like picked up off the sidewalk by Dan Snyder and then billed as a delicious piece of chocolate...

yes, you are right, that is much better, thank you

Renaldo Wynn is like a big stinky turd that fell out of the sky and landed on my chocolate

I think players like Wynn, players that we are quick to knock around and criticize will step up. Not all of them will, but I see a couple that we call to be cut to step up big time and become integral parts of our team.

He's not THAT bad. Considering the output of other linemen - at least he can play the run.

You know what's funny? Not that it's representative at all, but if you have a line in Madden of Philip Daniels, Cornelius Griffin, Brandon Noble, and Renaldo Wynn - Wynn is the sack king. Seriously. I played a season with that line, and he ended up in the Pro Bowl with 12 sacks.

BD

Originally posted by BD

He's not THAT bad. Considering the output of other linemen - at least he can play the run.

You know what's funny? Not that it's representative at all, but if you have a line in Madden of Philip Daniels, Cornelius Griffin, Brandon Noble, and Renaldo Wynn - Wynn is the sack king. Seriously. I played a season with that line, and he ended up in the Pro Bowl with 12 sacks.

BD

Ya but that's Madden. Everyone knows ESPN is more realistic. :silly:

Archived