Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Julius Jones - Cowgirl

slinky

Its a good value pick for a guys stock who has risen tremendously over the last couple months. Hes a typical Parcells runner and is about the same size Emmitt was as well. Sure Jackson may be the higher rated back now, but Dallas has a starting back capable of being very special and an extra 5th this year AND Buffalo's FIRST next season which could turn out to be very high.

Julius had alot of potential and showed flashes of brilliance at Notre Dame...as a fan of the Irish I was never that impressed with him. However, I recognize if he could ever realize his potential he can be a great player...maybe Parcells can get him to reach his potential.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/julius_jones

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has an athletic, cut body with well-defined upper- and lower-frame muscles … Has quick feet and sudden moves coming out of his stance … Fast-twitched through the holes, showing the vision to pick and slide as he finds the rush lanes … His burst allows him to squeeze through holes, as he stays at the proper pad level to gain leverage … Has enough power to be adequate running inside … Has the body control to turn the corner, showing good hip swerve to elude and get up field … Has the vision to read blocks in space … Effective on screen passes, but has a small window to catch … Shows a good feel for the underneath pass … Willing blocker with face-up ability, good toughness and good anchor to sustain … Can make the big play if given protection until he hits the perimeter … Good at getting his shoulders square to get up field … Patient runner who uses his blocks well … His balance and ability to spot the small seams makes him effective as a returner.

Negatives: Not really a self-motivated player and does not take well to hard coaching … Is just a little too lazy digesting the playbook … Has adequate power, but not enough to take on defenders one-on-one … Not mentally tough, letting minor injuries linger … Just used on screens, as he is a marginal route runner who looks late for the ball … Needs to protect the ball better and show better anticipation for contact … Will sometimes run up the back of the offensive lineman, but has enough pick-and-slide agility to gain yards inside … Prone to go down from the initial tackle, especially when defenders attack his feet … Has good foot quickness and change

I like the negative ... doesn't respond well to hard coaching ... I am so glad that he is with Parcells ... who is known for pampering players and being Mr. Sweatheart ;)

Archived