Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Julius Jones - Cowgirl

slinky

or maybe I just have a different opinion than you

actually I hate ND and its impossible not to watch ND football even if I wanted too. Jones has the skills I think translate best to the NFL...now that he is a Cowboy I hope I'm wrong but I certainly don't feel like it is so outlandish a belief, if anything I can at least take solace in the fact that Parcells seems to have similar ideas

Originally posted by frankbones

I am blown away by that in-depth analysis:rolleyes:

It was a silly question, what kind of analysis do you want? He is a superior athelete among all the RBs in this draft and I think RB is the position in the NFL that has the highest correlation between athleticism and projecting success...clearly its not the only variable, but its what I look for first when I look for RBs.

What skills are you talking about exactly? You say he has "a ton a talent" and the "skills to succeed" in the NFL. That is such a generic remark you should be ashamed for posting it. I think you are usually on point with your posts Yomar, but saying a guy is the best RB in the draft after being what, the 5th one taken(by the Cowboys no less) and your whole argument is "He got skills" is just weak. 1st bashing Taylor and now this, are you sure you don't have a Troy Aikman jersey in your closet somewhere.

BTW - My knock on Jones would be his attitude and intelligence for starters. Didn't play almost the entire 2002 season. Lacks great vision for a RB from the games I saw, has good speed but less than avg. power. Is constantly hurt and is just not tough in my opinion.

Look, my post was purposefully vague because Liberty clearly wasn't interested in an answer. The reason if you want to get down to it is again athleticism. Specifically the ability to make a cut and explode up the field. Speed is everything in my opinion, not only straightline speed, but the kind of speed that makes players miss and burst up the field and Jones is the best at that in this draft class as far as I'm concerned. I don't think he necessarily has great vision which I think is the second most important aspect in a RB, but I don't think it is going to be a big handicap for him either. What can I tell you, ultimately it comes down to a judgement call, and in my own personal estimation Jones is the RB in this draft class I think is best suited for NFL success, basically because of his speed and quickness. Sometimes my judgements are right, (I was super pissed when we took Skip Hicks over Ahman Green) and sometimes they are wrong (I didn't think Barlow would be very good) but they are always mine. I don't know what else to tell you.

Archived