Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR:Skins are talking to the Chargers

Lavarleap56

Although I'd hate to lose Rod in a trade, this deal makes sense in some respects. Gallery is being regarded as the best LT to come out since Ogden. We still get to keep #5 overall and take Taylor. Gardner probably won't be here after next year because he's a FA.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude. I just clicked on this thread again. Saw the new avatar. Man. It don't get much better than that. Buges. The Head Hog. Truely the fellows that run the place have taste. :):cheers:

Oh and yeah. Rumors. Lot's and lot's of rumors.

It could be rumors and smokescreens BUT I find it interesting that both teams we are rumored to be talking to have former Redskins coaches in Marty and Norv.

Now if you examine this you can see the possible reasoning behind these deals. Marty has to win this year or he is gone so he might not want to risk his job on the Number 1 pick , he might feel more comfortable with Samuels who played like a beast in 2001 for Marty and Gardner who he drafted .

Norv might not want to repeat his past and still may have nightmares about drafting Michael Westbrook and Heath Shuler.

Originally posted by lavarleap56

It could be rumors and smokescreens BUT I find it interesting that both teams we are rumored to be talking to have former Redskins coaches in Marty and Norv.

Now if you examine this you can see the possible reasoning behind these deals. Marty has to win this year or he is gone so he might not want to risk his job on the Number 1 pick , he might feel more comfortable with Samuels who played like a beast in 2001 for Marty and Gardner who he drafted .

Norv might not want to repeat his past and still may have nightmares about drafting Michael Westbrook and Heath Shuler.

As far as Marty goes, the Skins may be feeling out his interest in WR Rod Gardner, being that the Chargers have zilch in WR's and Marty drafted Gardner.

With respect to Norv though, he has no say in the draft because everyone knows that Al Davis does all the choosing and trading. :)

That's right on about Marty and A.J. Smith in San Diego - they're both rumored to be in trouble, so they may want to do a "Gibbs" and trade their picks for some proven players and try to keep their jobs one more year.

Okay I'm listening to this radio show now and to give some context to this reported rumor-and that's all that it is--the commentator Chris whateverhisnameis described the scenario where either the Browns or the Skins trading up to #1 to pick Gallery as "unlikely". All this talk, it's rumor mongering on the eve of the draft. Although we can't totally entirely put the absurd scenario of the #5 overall and Samuels to the Raiders for the #2 beyond our FO, our brain trust is shrewd enough to not fall on that grenade (we hope, right guys?) Otherwise all these trade rumours are what makes the draft so intruiging...

WAIT..I got it..:pint:

The skins want the leverage to have the #1 pick. Think about it:gus: .

How many teams are conveting Gallery? If we get the #1 pick, then we could work up some kind of deal with some other team conveting Gallery.

Think about it...maybe with the Gmen or even the Browns. But most definitely we could get an adequate or maybe even a better replacement for gardner and still get our man we want overall.

Nevetheless, we would have the leverage in trade talks with whom ever wants gallery.

Maybe we don't won't gallery but KW2. But we know alot of other teams that would love to trade up and throw in some additional players.

Still on the phone and my brother said it was Chris Landry from Fox Sports Radio and a NFL insider. He said this is the word coming from Redskins park just not on the record due to the circumstances.

Chris Landry is on a lot out here. I usually turn off the radio as soon as the jackass comes on... Last year he was pumping this rumor that the Titans were moving up to take McGahee. Then after the draft, he was pumping Pro Football Talk. com... This guy is a clown!!!

don't take rumors as truth; however, i don't mind this rumor a whole lot.

first of all, samuels' contract is and will continue to kill us. nevermind the fact that he has been very inconsistant and the coaches like winning (or however you spell it), which makes him somewhat expendable.

second, we have plenty of depth at wr, and although i think rod is one of the best number 2's his consistancy and contract are also subject.

third, if this trade were to happen, i can see the trade possibilities with the number one pick much more advantageous to us. i don't know the point system in draft trades that well, but i would think that if we had the #1 we could trade it for at least another 1 and a second rounder and still let us land taylor at 5 and fill other needs after that.

I know this is probably sacri-religious on the board, but the only reason I would trade up to #1 is to get Eli Manning. So, I'd simply send Patrick Ramsey and the #5 to San Diego for Manning and let him sit behind Brunell for two years.

I wouldn't be fond of having to Top 5 picks this year because they would cost so much to sign.

Originally posted by toddlerdurden

I know this is probably sacri-religious on the board, but the only reason I would trade up to #1 is to get Eli Manning. So, I'd simply send Patrick Ramsey and the #5 to San Diego for Manning and let him sit behind Brunell for two years.

I wouldn't be fond of having to Top 5 picks this year because they would cost so much to sign.

I like would like that except I would not include our No#5 pick.

Archived