Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR:Skins are talking to the Chargers

Lavarleap56

Originally posted by WarpathBrave86

WTF? Did the Front Office take Ecstacy? Because they are setting themselves up to get raped hard by either San Diego or Oakland.:(

I never cease to be amazed that fans actually believe these rumors and start criticizing the front office without even thinking.

If I could write an article saying that we were trading Joe Gibbs and our #5 pick to the Raiders for Norv Turner, half of the bozos out there would cuss out the front office before questioning the accuracy of the article.

No wonder we end up with idiots in the White House. Americans dont have the sense to question what the media tells them.

This would actually be great for the Giants. If the Skins trade up and take Gallery number 1, the Giants would only have to trade up to 2 to get Manning. If the Redskins did this and took Gallery at 1, they would only be helping the Giants because it seems that San Diego is going to demand way too much from the Giants in terms of picks.

If we did get our hands on the overall #1 pick we could do some damage.

Maybe we should take Manning and trade Ramsey to the Dolphins for their first rounder .... There is no telling what if anything will happen. A lot of times rumors are true in one shape or form. I know my Raider buddies are hearing things too...

I wouldn't mind trading down with the Texans and picking up more picks. We could do that and still be in a position to get Udeze or Harris and then have a second round pick.

No telling what is going on.. but I am sure Gibbs and Snyder are making phone calls. I didn't realize Samuels would cost us SO much in 2005. That has to go.

HAIL !!

Chris Samuels apparently refuses to restructure his contract.(I know "duh" but it bears repeating)That said as it stands while we may actually be able to afford to pay him as the contract sits now and regardless of the ability he has shown us in the past the fact of the matter is without him helping us out that he simply costs us more against the cap than he could possibly be worth to us. Therefore I see the FOs need to move him and taking into consideration how the remainder of his contract is laid out it would behoove us to trade him sooner rather than later. But all of you know this..

Point is YES chris is an excellent LT but we can't keep him if he won't help us to juggle the numbers. Add to that the availablity in the draft of a player seemingly able to fill his substantial shoes and one can see where rumors like this could come from.

Now the Raider deal for Samuels and the 5th over I would only entertain if the raiders were to throw in additional low to mid round pick(s) i.e something from rds. 2 to 4. samuels and the 5th rounder for the raiders 1st I would do straight up. As far as the Chargers rumor goes there are merits there too although I'm not sure I'd throw in next years #1 though. On the other hand while McCants,Thrash and jacobs may not be the equal of Rod on his best day I beleive thay are all more than adequate for our needs.

Just my 2:2cents:

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

This would actually be great for the Giants. If the Skins trade up and take Gallery number 1, the Giants would only have to trade up to 2 to get Manning. If the Redskins did this and took Gallery at 1, they would only be helping the Giants because it seems that San Diego is going to demand way too much from the Giants in terms of picks.

who's the say the Raiders wouldn't take Manning and groom him while they turnover their older roster?

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

What? Helping the enemy? WT... CUT THE POWER! Shut down San Diego! Stop the madness before it's too late!!

Okay, back to reality. You're right Tom in that we WOULD be helping you by taking the #1 overall pick. I don't believe that the Chargers, after that lackluster season and doing absolutly nothing in the offseason, would be that stupid to trade away the #1 overall pick, causing them to have to wait until the second round to make their first pick. They wouldn't do it, they couldn't. Then again, anything is possible. Like say, from a purely business perspective:

We draft Manning, trade Ramsey plus one of next years picks to Cards and draft Sean Taylor, then with the #5 pick draft K2. That's the NFL for ya, Not For Long. Not suggesting that we do this, but anything is possible. :cool: OH THE INSANITY OF IT!!!

I hope Snyder or someone with any say is listening, " WE NEED DRAFT PICKS" , understand that we only sustain improvment when we hold these kids for 5 years then move them if necessary - and not continuing to sign over priced fee agents who cost to much, don't perform to thier potential, ie...Trotter,Armstead,Gardener, and a slue of others. Although Samuels is a probowl caliber - we can fill his shoes - take picks and fill the hoes ..... for at least 5 years !!!!!!!!

Archived