Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LOL @ our Friends at GangGreen

StevieInferior

They really have the least educated bunch of fans there. Where do they get that we will release ROD GARDNER. Heck the trade was nothing more than idol speculation. Ask Trotter, if the Skins don't have you in their plans, you ain't coming to mini-camp.

Not sure why they beeyach soo much about their FO since they seem to undervalue players just as much as their FO. Some think he is only worth a sicth or seventh. Also not sure why they think we have to get rid of him cause of Snyder's spending:

Maybe worth our 6th or 7th rounder. Let's get creative and make it a conditional pick for next season.
I'd make this happen IF it didn't cost us anything higher than a 6th + a 7th or better yet, if he's released after June 1st? snap him up!!

If we can get him for a 5th or later I think it's a great (and i mean great) pickup.

1. This guy is a bum. 7th round pick only.
Why so he could be our 3rd WR? Not worth a draft pick.
the reasin the redskins have to cut good players is becasue of snyders foolish singings he has to cut good players becasue they count more and more agianst the cap and their allready screwed in the future

http://forums.theganggreen.com/index.php?showtopic=18696&st=0

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Yuh - up . . . . . that's purty stoopid.....

Smarter: We should float Trotter up there. Bradway ain't the most capable FO man in the league - he might part with yet still one more of their draft picks to the Skins and enrage GanGreen even more.....

- FUF

Well, everyone here wants to get rid of him. Even if it's speculation, doesnt mean they're idiots. You guys do it. Some ppl here even think you could get a 2nd for him. That's over valuing him just by a lot. That's even more idiotic than what they said. BTW didnt they make the playoffs 2 yrs ago and had a better record than ya last yr as well?

McCareins, a lesser prospect AND performer in the NFL to this point, was had for a second. It's not one bit over valuing Gardner to think he could go for a late first to early second. Dismissing it simply shows one's own ignorance. Show less of that.

not everyone on this board wants to see RG go d-19 . over value for RD i'm not to sure about that . look around the NFL

some there are plenty of teams that could use his services , including yours ( ravens ). what receivers do the crows have ?

his ( RG's ) VALUE IS AT LEAST WORTH AND LATE 2nd TO EARLY 3rd. rounder to quite a few teams . RD is a good #2 reciever and in the crows offence would be a #1 .

i myself do not see the redskins trading him . i've been wrong before and will and could be wrong again . JG is back and the one thing i will not do is count the redskins out of anything from this point on. :notworthy in GIBBS we trust.

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :jetssuck:

Gardner is a number capable wR playing the number 2 role for us and would be a great acquisition for the ravens.

Heck when people foolishly floated the idea of a gardner for owens trade I thought we would be better off saying no to the trade because gardner is younger less of a me player and can be effective in the WCO also.

A 7th rounder? They must be living in a fantasy world.

We might be laughing at them, but there are probably fans of other teams that are reading this board and laughing at up because of the high pick some of us think we can get for Gardner. Even though they are being very unrealistic with the 7th round, we kind of are too. Thinking a team will give up a first rounder for Gardner is a joke. 2nd seems more reasonable.

It's not just gang green,, every NFL board has their "why we should go after Rod Gardner" thread today, and every one of them seem conviced he can be had for a 5th rounder or less.

Oh, and every board also has their "ha ha the redskins are so stupid for getting thrash" thread too.

Most of them act like we gave up the Crown Jewels of England for a used drinking straw.

~Bang

Originally posted by StevieInferior

They really have the least educated bunch of fans there. Where do they get that we will release ROD GARDNER. Heck the trade was nothing more than idol speculation.

"Idol" speculation from the NFL's least educated fans, huh? Good stuff.

Originally posted by ArtMcCareins, a lesser prospect AND performer in the NFL to this point, was had for a second. It's not one bit over valuing Gardner to think he could go for a late first to early second. Dismissing it simply shows one's own ignorance.

I disagree with this. In the NFL, potential is valued over production when it comes to draft picks. The rule of thumb is generally that a first round pick or better is reserved for a player of Pro Bowl, or Pro Bowl potential caliber.

It's understood that McCareins is dripping with potential as was evidenced by the explosive big-play and red zone ability he displayed last year. And it's also understood that while he's improved markedly with each season, he hasn't yet had the opportunity to truly shine, as he's been obscured by McNair's security blanket in Mason (as well as 2 other fine WRs).

But the same can't be said of Gardner. He showed promise as a sophomore #1 target in pass happy offense whose next-best WR was Thompson. But if I'm a GM evaluating Gardner's overall potential to excel in the future, I'm looking much more closely at last season's more telling effort of 600 yds and 10.2 YPC, which was worse than his rookie season. Whether Gardner will one day elevate his play to Pro Bowl caliber is anyone's guess. But based on his most recent performance, it's difficult to convince anyone that this is more likely than not to be the case. Unlike McCareins, Gardner has regressed. Badly. In 2003, JMac had his best season, while Gardner had his worst. That, rather than 2002 production, is the more important factor when evaluating their potential and resulting trade value. And head-to-head last season, JMac caught 12 fewer balls, yet still gained 213 more yards and had 2 more scores (17.3 YPC v. 10.2YPC).

Now, it's obvious that Gardner's diminished performance needs to be viewed in the context as a complimentary WR to Coles, just as McCareins' should be viewed in light of his being one of many compliments to Mason. And it's also true that since McCareins was significantly slower to come on than Gardner, he could only improve while Gardner's numbers were tough to top as a #2. But, rightly or wrongly, Gardner's latest showing gives the impression his potential is more limited and more easily predicted. McCareins, on the other hand, is in the midst of a strong upward trend of improvement that has yet to plateau. What McCareins lacks in proven production he has in potential, and what Gardner has in past production he lacks in current production and, as a result, potential.

In the end, nobody looks at Gardner and sees a #1 Pro Bowl WR, thus they won't be able to justify a late first round price tag - especially in a draft deep at WR. A late-second rounder for a young solid #2 WR coming off a shaky season sounds about right.

Originally posted by Bang

It's not just gang green,, every NFL board has their "why we should go after Rod Gardner" thread today, and every one of them seem conviced he can be had for a 5th rounder or less.

~Bang

Gee, I guess we'll just have to keep him, right?

JM numbers

2001 Tennessee Titans 4 1 3 88 29.3 36 0 2 0 3

2002 Tennessee Titans 16 1 19 301 15.8 55 2 3 2 12

2003 Tennessee Titans 16 10 47 813 17.3 73 7 14 4 40

TOTAL 36 12 69 1202 17.4 73 9 19 6 55

RG numbers

2001 Washington Redskins 16 16 46 741 16.1 85 4 8 5 28

2002 Washington Redskins 16 15 71 1006 14.2 43 8 13 2 51

2003 Washington Redskins 16 16 59 600 10.2 35 5 7 0 30

TOTAL 48 47 176 2347 13.3 85 17 28 7 109

Unlike JM Rod has not had a probowl QB throwing him the ball during his career, in fact he hasn't had the same QB from season to season or the same QB the entire season. :(

The Titans were ranked #5 in passing in the NFL last season

Tennessee 16 502 31.4 315 62.7 3878 242.4 30 9 25 153

sadly Washington finished 21st

Washington 16 527 32.9 283 53.7 3006 187.9 21 16 43 267

in 2002 Tenn was #20, Skins #21

Tennessee 16 500 31.2 306 61.2 3320 207.5 22 15 21 121

Washington 16 559 34.9 300 53.7 3254 203.4 24 20 38 269

When the teams were almost identical in passing RG was 3 times more productive, and even adding a Coles, and the Skins where far behind the Titans in passing offense this past season, JM numbers were just slightly better than RG's

I can't see the Clear edge difference in potential in JM. If a GM had a choice for either of the two for the exact same price, RG would be chosen I wager more than half the time.

Archived