Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The end of tailgaiting?

Dead Money

The President of the football Jets says Jet fans would give up tailgating parties if it meant their own stadium in Manhattan. A stadium on the West Side would have limited parking and no room for tailgating parties.

Jets President Jay Cross says "People tailgate because there's not a lot else to do in the areas where tailgating is the most popular." He says "It's part of suburban football." The West Side stadium would have about 70 percent of its fans arrive by mass transit.

First they propose to build a stadium on the edge of a city surrounded by water and then they try to rewrite and American Tradition.

We don't play the Jets very often, but I would like to have the option since I live in NJ...

Have any of you ever gone to a road game and not seen tailgaiting? I haven't!

Comments?

Originally posted by gridironmike

People WILL find a way. I've often speculated that our buddy Daniel Snyder would try to regulate tailgating (somehow) with the institution of his "Tailgate Club."

Some will argue that Daniel Snyder ALREADY HAS with a steep $25.00 parking charge (last year's price), and by eliminating alternative parking options.

I hate to say this but there is a much bigger issue here for me than Tailgaiting.

I hate to see taxpayers footing the bill with a tax increase on hotels and whatever else they plan to do to raise the money.

With the increase in cost of security of the ports in that area, why would they consider building a new staduim.

I understand the Meadowlands is getting old but why not try to refurbish it like they did with Soilder field.

By the time this gets built ,with all the SBL'S and luxury suites the average Jets fan won't be able to afford it anyway. What a frigging waste.

Sorry for the Rant.....

You got me...when I saw the topic I thought WHAT HAS SNYDER DONE NOW!!

Now that I have calmed down...half the fun of going to games is tailgating...it shouldn't be eliminated....no one can afford to get drunk on the $6 beers at the stadium...tailgating helps get that needed quantity of brew at reasonable prices before you step into the stadium and are forced to pay those prices.

:jetssuck:

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I hate to say this but there is a much bigger issue here for me than Tailgaiting.

I hate to see taxpayers footing the bill with a tax increase on hotels and whatever else they plan to do to raise the money.

With the increase in cost of security of the ports in that area, why would they consider building a new staduim.

I understand the Meadowlands is getting old but why not try to refurbish it like they did with Soilder field.

By the time this gets built ,with all the SBL'S and luxury suites the average Jets fan won't be able to afford it anyway. What a frigging waste.

Sorry for the Rant.....

You want a Rant??? I'll give you a Friggin RANT :rant:

My tax dollars not only help pay for Heinz field in Pittsburgh, but THE STINKIN' LINCOLN FIELD that the Eagles play in. :cuss:

How's that for double the insult??:doh1: :doh1:

There will always be tailgating. If they can't tailgate, people party it up a bit back home before coming to the game. If you live in the city, even better, you can get there on foot. I'd love to be able to tailgame/pregame at home then just walk or take a subway or cab wherever I'm going. :pint:

Originally posted by rdsknbill

You want a Rant??? I'll give you a Friggin RANT :rant:

My tax dollars not only help pay for Heinz field in Pittsburgh, but THE STINKIN' LINCOLN FIELD that the Eagles play in. :cuss:

How's that for double the insult??:doh1: :doh1:

OUCH!!:eaglesuck

As hard as it has been for 10+ years, the one thing that I can always count on is having fun tailgating. The worse the team has been, the better I do the food. I've been eating well. I counting on Gibbs to help me shed some pounds.

they aren't going to end tailgating, this is just a "poston clause" where you tell your client something will happen when you know that it ain't. hell i bet half of the outside of the stadium will be converted into a walk up bbq pitt. it should given the tax payers money. that would be pretty hot, if the stadium provided the pitt and you just walked up with some slabs of beef

Archived