Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey 600k if no start

Renegade7

fixed thread name trying to get it fit, and changed it cuz he's NOT making just 6k, but 600k at the MAX if he doesn't start.

-------------------------------

Alright, this is an article i found in the post. It's about the whole Brunell/Ramsey fiasco, but in the middle of reading it i noticed something that made this whole thing make sense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59101-2004Feb20.html

From article: (After holding out for 16 days before his rookie season even began (prompting the Redskins to nearly trade him to Chicago), Ramsey signed a contract with substantial incentives based on playing time. If Ramsey is in 50 percent of the Redskins' plays this season, a $2.5 million salary incentive is triggered. If Ramsey participates in less than half of the Redskins' plays this season, his 2005 salary is a maximum of roughly $600,000. )

So, for example, if Brunell won the starting spot and played 10 games( say where 8-2 by that time) and he gets injured and Ramsey comes in and wins the rest of the games including the superbowl, do you know what he makes? He Starts a total of 9 games, which isn't 50% of the snaps, and hence would make at the maximum $6,000. That's why he's pissed. It's not becuase Brunell will be making more money then him, its because Ramsey's pay check will be cut in half if, and when, he loses the starting job! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

----------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Originally posted by BCS: BearsCanSleep

6K is $6,000. At that rate Ramsey would qualify for welfare.

Somehow I think you meant 600k. ;)

yea, that's what i meant:doh: . But still, that's cutting his contact in half. Wouldn't u be just a lil po if that happend to you?

---------------------------

bottom line: he wants to start. no one should be surprised by this. what is in the offing is basically the same as saying: " this is your rookie season. carry a clipboard and be patient." he simply isn't (or shouldn't buy it). why should he if he can go some place else and start NOW?

Originally posted by National Defense

but that loss of money issue is a real sticker--anyone hear anything about skins offering to renegotiate patricks contract?

Nope, no rumors, no nothing. Case and point, Ramsey's furious becuase wat's going to end up happening is that after everyone giving him open arms and all this luv saying he'll be a great starter in this leauge will become absolutly irrelevant. He knows full well he can't beat out Brunell for the starting job, and therefore his payday will be 75% less, and after getting beat to a pulp last year, he'll have a clipboard in his hands for at the very least 2 years.

---------------------------------

Originally posted by Renegade7

Nope, no rumors, no nothing. Case and point, Ramsey's furious becuase wat's going to end up happening is that after everyone giving him open arms and all this luv saying he'll be a great starter in this leauge will become absolutly irrelevant. He knows full well he can't beat out Brunell for the starting job, and therefore his payday will be 75% less, and after getting beat to a pulp last year, he'll have a clipboard in his hands for at the very least 2 years.

Originally posted by Redskins11

they should offer to do that to show the confidence they are supposed to have in him

If the redskins are going to give him a new contract it should be AFTER the draft and FA. That way we'll money left over to give him a new contract rather then work with the money we have left fixing his contract. This is a hard pill to swallow for this kid, but history shows that being a backup for Gibbs is always worth the it.

-----------------------------------

yes, but the realities of the nfl (injury-wise) mean you need to get paid up front. honestly--would YOU trust snyder to "take care of you" next contract?

Honestly, no, but Gibbs is in control of FO now. If Gibbs feels that Ramsey needs a new contract then he'll get it. Yea, i prefere getting paid up front and according to my ability and talent. It's had to judge what Ramsey should make, he's only played 16 games in 2 seasons, plus he played for a retard coaching staff. Either way, he'll get his due in the end:) .

----------------------------------

yes, but the realities of the nfl (injury-wise) mean you need to get paid up front. honestly--would YOU trust snyder to "take care of you" next contract?

I think that Snyder might end up redoing parts of Ramsey's contract-Perhaps some easily obtainable incentives to insure he isn't docked pay. Although he and his agent signed the contract I'm not sure what was "promised, "implied" by the skins, if anyhting, to get the sig. Sexton deserves a lot of blame here IMO.

ND can you point to any player, who performed for the Skins, that Snyder didn't take care of ? I can't. There are many that he overpaid for but underpaid? No way.

PR agreed to his current contract knowing that nothing is guaranteed in this league. As a Rookie, he was competing against Wuerffel, Matthews, etc. He knew he may not get the big check for a few years.

He's going to compete for the starter position - and the best man will win. PR will be satisfied with that no matter what the outcome is because he's got character. When it comes to a new contract, his playing time, etc. will dictate what that will be.

Mark my words - PR will be a Skin next year and will work his butt off to be the starter but will be content with whatever the outcome is because he's a team player.

If the redskins are going to give him a new contract it should be AFTER the draft and FA. That way we'll money left over to give him a new contract rather then work with the money we have left fixing his contract. This is a hard pill to swallow for this kid, but history shows that being a backup for Gibbs is always worth the it.

Ramsey will make $2.5 million in 2004 because he took more than 50% of the snaps in 2003. He is not going to be suffering financially in 2004.

If the skins are going to give him a new contract, it should be after the 2004 season. After Gibbs and the other coaches see what he can do in competition with Brunell, and see how he plays in 2004 (he will undoubtedly get into some games in 2004 - few QBs play 16 games any more). If he shows promise in correcting the flaws in his game in 2004, and shows that he is interested in the team winning even if he isn't playing, then we should give him a long-term contract at that time.

On the other hand, if Gibbs thinks, after watching him for a year, that he won't be a franchise QB, or if he becomes a locker-room cancer, then he should be traded after the 2004 season.

For now, he has to prove to Gibbs that he can be a franchise QB, while enjoying his $2.5 million in 2004. His asking to be traded is premature by a year, IMHO.

So according to you, Patrick Ramsey is just ready to throw in the towel and automatically hand over the starting job to Brunell all because he KNOWS that Brunell (who started a mind-numbingly huge 3 games last year) for the starting job, even though there's been NO competition for it, like Gibbs has stated there would be?

Glad that you're not in charge. :rolleyes: :shot:

yea, that's what i meant:doh: . But still, that's cutting his contact in half. Wouldn't u be just a lil po if that happend to you?

---------------------------

Guess what Patrick, after your holdout in training camp of your rookie season, you'd think that you and your agent wouldnt have accepted a deal you would be unhappy with so quickly!?!?! I thought you had enough time to figure it out back then????

Originally posted by Cleotis da Clown

gus ferrotte

trent green

sage rosenfelds

patrick ramsey

another case of the skins letting the wrong qb go.

Just what exactly have any of those guys done, giving Trent his due for FINALLY making the probowl this year.

Originally posted by Cleotis da Clown

gus ferrotte

trent green

sage rosenfelds

patrick ramsey

another case of the skins letting the wrong qb go.

What about Brad Hohnson who won a Superbowl and passed for 4,000 yds in 1999 and was in the pro bowl

Archived