Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

clayton update on espn-bailey

bsmsss

he stated today on espn radio that the skins were very smart doing what they did to bailey--if bailey thinks he can get more then the skins offer then go ahead and look--but he stated the cb market is flooded and he might be in for a rude awaking in terms of his demands

also he stated ramsey might not find another deal better then the skins--he stated the skins still have to approve comp. and it will be at the least a first and second--so he stated dont be shocked to see him in wash again

he stated ramsey will be traded to miami for there 20th pick--the reason is henson is kc,gb,buff bound not miamii--he said ramsey is going to push gibbs patience with this talk and gibbs is going to say bye bye

he stated today on espn radio that the skins were very smart doing what they did to bailey--if bailey thinks he can get more then the skins offer then go ahead and look--but he stated the cb market is flooded and he might be in for a rude awaking in terms of his demands

BINGO

Gibbs patience might be tried, no doubt, but to say he'll accede to trade demands because a player gets on his nerves is like giving into a child who whines for what he wants. I don't think Gibbs is that type of guy. Also, just to be clear, if Gibbs patience is tried, it'll be from Ramsey's agent, not Ramsey.

I think I said the same thing in Freak's post. The team is absolutely doing the brilliant thing with Bailey. It is in complete control with him. It doesn't have to get desperate. It has put out a contract that will make him the game's top paid corner. Bailey wants to be tops overall or close at least. If he thinks he can get that in a massive CB market, let him go get it.

Do it NOW too. Reale will be fielding offers for contracts BEFORE March 2. They'll KNOW roughly what he's going to get from the league BEFORE we have to worry about teams making a run at him with him tagged. If Bailey finds teams aren't coming up to his price he might end up signing back here by the end of February.

In any case, the team is playing this perfectly, knowing they control Bailey's movement and can respond to any offer he gets, and knowing if the offers aren't where Bailey wants that he may recognize that and come back to the team at the team's price.

I don't understand how Clayton can just assume that Gibbs' patience will break?? I think it will take a lot more than some agent's coments for the Skins' to trade him away....bottom line..if Gibbs' needs the draft pick he will trade him, he will never do it because of Sexton.....what's Ramsey going to do, retire because there's a chance he won't start if Brunells here???

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

I don't understand how Clayton can just assume that Gibbs' patience will break?? I think it will take a lot more than some agent's coments for the Skins' to trade him away....bottom line..if Gibbs' needs the draft pick he will trade him, he will never do it because of Sexton.....what's Ramsey going to do, retire because there's a chance he won't start if Brunells here???

It's specualtion man, it's what he gets payed to do. Doesn't mean there's anything to most of it.

agree with champs part it is win/win espn just doesnt want to give up this ramsey thing ,, is sexton feeding them this stuff? ramsey should fire him one hes going to screw up his repitation , plus he will have screw him with the starting incentives if brunell deos become the starter

I've stopped listening to all the Ramsey talk a long time ago. Gibbs said what needed to be said and everything else is just speculation. As far as Bailey is concerned I'm right there with what Art said in another Bailey thread.

The Redskins are in a win win situation. Bailey and his agent have absolutely no leverage and everything is working in the Redskins favor. The CB market is flooded with great talent and if a team does indeed shell out a first and possible second we will be able to fill his position with an adequate replacement AND increase depth at the same time.

At the worst we franchise him and then go through the same spiel after the 2004 season.

Originally posted by bsmsss

also he stated ramsey might not find another deal better then the skins--he stated the skins still have to approve comp. and it will be at the least a first and second--so he stated dont be shocked to see him in wash again

he stated ramsey will be traded to miami for there 20th pick--the reason is henson is kc,gb,buff bound not miamii--he said ramsey is going to push gibbs patience with this talk and gibbs is going to say bye bye

He's saying the "don't be shocked" to cover his ass when Ramsey ends up staying at Gibbs' behest. It doesn't even matter though, they can say whatever they want. Please, Ramsey pushing Gibbs' patience? If Gibbs wants him, Gibbs will have him.

Just another putz that doesn't really know what's going on. Ramsey is gonna stay put. End of story.

Originally posted by fuji869

Good thing I did not fork out the money for an official Champ Bailey or Patrick Ramsey Jersey, they worthless by the 2004 Campaign.

I'm an idiot. I won an auction on Ebay for a Champ jersey back in December. Only 40bucks though...at least it was cheap. Maybe the seller knew something I didn't!

Guest Rafterman

After all Coach Gibbs has accomplished in his career I simply don't see him caving to ANY agent/player. Ramsey and his boy can whine until the cows come home. Coach gets what Coach wants.

Sure it's Sexton feeding ESPN this crap, it usually is the agent. Sexton better keep in mind that this isn't Coach Gibbs first trip to the rodeo. His greed, and that's all it is, is doing his client more harm then good at this point.:eaglesuck

Originally posted by GoSkins

Gibbs is smarter than letting a kid try his patience like that. I just don't see Joe letting Ramsey go. He knows the treasure he has in Pat.

Bye bye to Bailey, though. What a f_cking putz!

What if Gibbs doesn't see a treasure? We don't know what Gibbs really thinks of Patrick. Can't wait until minicamp next month- when is that ?

Hold on...so on the one hand he's saying we'd take no less than at least a first and a second for Ramsey, yet on the other hand he's saying we'll take Miami's #20 for him? Either I'm confused, Clayton's confused, or this poster didn't articulate the situation very well. No offense, but let's try to be clear when posting...

Originally posted by Rafterman

Sure it's Sexton feeding ESPN this crap, it usually is the agent. Sexton better keep in mind that this isn't Coach Gibbs first trip to the rodeo. His greed, and that's all it is, is doing his client more harm then good at this point.:eaglesuck

Sexton wouldnt be saying anything without Ramsey saying something to him. Ramsey is the start of all this not Sexton. Obviously he is not happy here i say let him go and pick up a qb at 20 to mentor and teach the Gibbs way of football. then there would be no controversy and just like the Bailey thing all in all a win win.

:dj:

Archived