Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favourite Beers?

Chrisbob74

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

What's your fav?

scg0802.jpg

Ah, pour another one.

Absolutely. I live in Belgium, and that's still about all I drink (unless I'm broke...in which case I drink a beer the equivilant of Natty Light known as Carapils). Otherwise, Corona is a great club/party drink. Assuming that there aren't kegs which I can stand on....;)

Oh my god Natty Light is the WORST BEER EVER. It's beyond bad. If you're lookin for budget the red milwaukees best is much better. Favorite beers I've had have to have been from Ireland this summer: Guiness (thicker and different than the stuff ive had here), Smithwicks, and Bulmers (cider) .. all great stuff. Favorite domestic has to be sam adams though miller lite is generally the option, import you can find around here i like Harp and Newky Brown Ale. Drink Harp .. stay sharp.

Originally posted by Duke

Though I usually drink liquor, Coors (original), Ybor Gold (local beer) and Fosters are my favorites, depending on how deep my pocket is. :laugh:

Sam Adams is not too bad either.

I know this is an 'off the wall' question but is Mons Venus still open? :) I use to live in Tampa.

I used to drink Bud or Coors light, but now it's Busch or Busch light - I'm more loyal to my wallet than I am to my taste buds. Anything that is about a $1 a bottle or can will quickly become my beer of choice.

Cool to see a lot of Canadian beers making an appearance as people favorites. :cheers:

Yuengling’s Black and Tan is my beer of choice but I never miss the chance to try a good micro brew. I get the taste for a red like Killian’s or something like Murphy’s Irish Stout every once in a while or when I can’t find Black and Tan.

A good friend of mine is from Germany and when he first got to the states I asked him to come over to the house to hang out. He insisted on bringing the beer. How could I argue with that? So he shows up with Warsteiner. When I told him I had never heard of that he looked at me like I had just kicked his dog. He then told me (loudly) that “Warsteiner is the queen beer of Germany!” Whenever we hang out I make sure I have plenty of that on hand so there is no international incident.

Chiefhogskin, I had a glass of Chimay about a month ago, and it may have been the best tasting beer I've ever had.

I'll put in a good word for a couple of local (DC area) brews, Foggy Bottom Ale, Old Dominion Lager, and Shenandoah Brewing Co.'s Big Meadow Pale Ale.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Pete's Wicked are two favorites when they're on sale. And Samuel Adams started me down the path toward more full bodied beers.

I like Budweiser. And I'll pick up some Pabst Blue Ribbon if I'm in a thrifty mood.

Sam Adams

Grosch

Carlsburg (the one made in Denmark, not the crap made by O'Keef in Canada :puke: )

Sorry, but Coor's Light has to be the worst beer EVER.

To my Canadan brothers:

I use to love Molson Golden, but it doesn't taste the same. Did Canada change their beer purity laws or something? Even Moosehead (another beer I loved) doesn't taste the same as it use to years ago.

Archived