Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

glut of DT talent in 2nd round

method man

And I'm betting that some of these "2cd rd DL talent" goes in the first....

You can spout them as being second round talent, but DL is one of those spots people target early and often.

By the time they do workputs and the combine, the projected drafts you see now will be amazingly different. and the draft will likely look nothing like what "experts project".

exactly... i remember last year ty warren was supposed to be a possible 2nd round draft pick for us and he ended up going at around 15.

It's very possible that almost all of these guys will go round 1. it seems like the demand for DTs never decreases.

Grant Wistrom and Robaire Smith through FA and a DT and DE from RD 2 - 3 in the draft.

I believe that having a top 5 position should allow a team to get a super blue chipper.

Trust Gibbs and Bugeyes Cerrato, I'll grant Vinny that he has been dead on target with the first rounders (LaVar, Champ, Samuels, etc).

I agree with Novalo...Wistrom and Smith......then I think we should trade down our #5(we could probably pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder and not have to pay as much to a rookie) with the 1st round pick we could get a DE or DT or even an rb(althought I don't think we need one) and then with the 2nd 3rd rounders we could load up our DL.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Daryl Gardener has said he wants to come back here

I haven't heard that, but I did read that he wanted to stay in Denver (which may have been just a contractual ploy). Even if he did say that, he also said at the end of the 2002 season that you could take it to the bank (so to speak) that he would return to the Redskins.

We saw how true that was, huh? Actually, when he said, he probably meant it. He just changes like the weather, just a real nut case.

Honestly, I just say we trade down from 5 to somewhere in teh rnage of 20-25 or so and get a pick in each round. Then draft like 3 defensive linemen in the first 3 rounds and running backs and safeties in the lower rounds. I mean the more we draft, the better our chances of success.

Or we can always trade picks for proven plaeyers.

Archived